Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imito MX2 with finless 1.7a ROM, 1080P.

Hello everyone,

I just joined the Android PC family and as like many others I'm trying to setup a small streaming box.
    I'd like to share my experience and receive feedback.

Details:
    Imito MX2
    Finless Bob 1.7a ROM, 1080boot, 1080kernel( Thanks Finless Bob!)
    No Overclock, haven't installed any heavy apps aside from XBMC,netflix, youtube, antutu benchmark.

Tweaks:
    Disabled "eHomeMediaCenter" & "WiMoRx". One of them was consuming a constant 10% CPU via /system/bin/mediaserver.

Benchmarks:
    * WiFi Transfer (MX2 is right next to Wireless Router):
    caps at roughly 3.2Mbps ( LAN Samba file tranfer via ES File Manager.)

* Antutu v3 Bench returned:
    6872 and 6639 on 2nd try. @ 1080p
    7068 @ 720p.

--------------
    I'd apreciate if anyone would share their current performance counters with their MX1/2s as I understand mine
    seem to be low as per these examples:

Imito Mx2
    Benchmark Antutu v3 iMito MX2 RK3066Music: Electro Smog - Moon Love.mp4

results:
    8475 @ 720p
    cpu 3173
    gpu 3079
    ram 1459
    IO 764
    cpu 1608MHz

MK808 - finless 1.7c RPM + 2Dark4u 1.4 720p kernel
    Hi Everyone. I am in search for a best custom made kernal for my MK808. I tried Finless 1.7 C Rom and 2Dark4u 1.4 720p Kernal. Amazing Results over 11000. Ve...

results: 11028

---------------
    I'd like to note that my unit arrived with a damanged A\C adapter which has forced me to use my current iPhone
    Adapter (5V === 1A). The unit does not overheat nor has it locked up yet but I wonder if the lack of amperage contributes to
    the low scores and the small studders here and there.

------
    Issues that I've ran into:

* The status bar goes on an endless hide ~ appear loop while watching videos from Youtube or Netflix.
    * Using the hide status bar soft-button sometimes causes the maximixed app to desync the pointer's location forcing you to aim higher
    than the actual location of a button to be clicked on. It seems this happens because app devs dont use "overlay mode", but im not sure:

* The shutdown feature is odd because the unit still feels warm 25 mins after it was shutdown but if the Sleep feature is used
    instead while no wifi connection is active then the unit goes out and feels cold to the touch 10 minutes later.

Opinions? Thanks in advance!

First thing is 1 amp power supply will NOT do it... Before you mess around anymore get a minimum good 2 amp PSU period! Watch out for cheap China 2 amp PSUs as many of them are junk! Many Many issues people have are much to do with power on these TV sticks!

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Re: Imito MX2 with finless 1.7a ROM, 1080P.

Agree with Bob, a good PSU will give you a better experience with this sticks.
      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
      My devices:
      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
      Gearbest.com)
      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

The 2nd example uses an overclocked kernel, just so you know.
        - UG007-II with Finless iMito MX1/2 1.7a ROM and UG802 2Dark4U 1080p overclock kernel and USB WIFI dongle.
        - MK808 with Finless MK808 1.7c ROM and 2Dark4U 1.4 MK808 1080p overclock kernel.
        - MK908-II: XBMC full 1080p playback with a 1080p kernel HERE

Comment

I've been searching for a PSU but thus far I'm having a hard time trusting any of them because of how cheaply they are made, I've even rejected a replacement from the imito supplier just because of that.

I found this post :http://www.righto.com/2012/10/a-doze...-apple-is.html

and so far its pushing me to buy one of those Ipad 10W 5V 2.1A authentic models. I believe someone at freaktab.com has been using one of these and thus far isn't having any issues.

Thanks a bunch for the feedbacks.

** Update:
          Just noticed there is another thread discussing similar topic that has also mentioned the link with Ken Shirriff's review. For those interested.
          Last edited by JPZ; 04-23-2013, 16:06.

Comment

Hey guys, what about the shutdown feature?
            * The shutdown feature is odd because the unit still feels warm 25 mins after it was shutdown but if the Sleep feature is used
            instead while no wifi connection is active then the unit goes out and feels cold to the touch 10 minutes later.
            Whats the diference between the shutdown feature and the Sleep feature ( when there is no wifi connection) ?

Comment

Are you using the reboot APP or the shutdown in the status bar?

But yes in general power off does not really power off. It just puts it in a "deep sleep" kind of state.
              Sleep, if working correctly, should just turn off the screen.

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                Are you using the reboot APP or the shutdown in the status bar?
                I'm using the Shutdown button in the status bar.

But yes in general power off does not really power off. It just puts it in a "deep sleep" kind of state.
                Sleep, if working correctly, should just turn off the screen.
                I'm confused Bob, you mentioned on this post that sleep has two functions:
                4) Sleep is back like a tablet!!!! Go into settings>display and you can turn on sleep!
                Now understand how this works
                a) If there is no wifi or ehternet connection the Imito MX when it goes to sleep will power off.
                b) If there is a connection, it will simple go into low power mode and turn the display off. Moving the mouse turns it back on again
                Does Sleep' function A) execute the same task as the Shutdown button in the taskbar ?(if working correctly) I ask because the unit goes completely cold which is great unless its actually in a deep sleep state. I'm concerned about file corruption should it lose power while sleeping.

Comment

Working...
                X