Imito MX2 wifi problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imito MX2 wifi problems

Hello to all,I recently received my Mx2 and I really love it, the one problem that am having is my wifi radio shots off periodically. Is there anyone else that is experiencing this problem? And if so, is there a fix for this? I would love to have this solved. Thanks in advance.

This is what I used when I used WIFI. I have moved over to a USB LAN dongle.

Set this up to monitor the connection. When it can't ping the internet it'll turn the WIFI off then on thus reconnecting without any interaction from you. Worked great for me.

Comment

Originally posted by reddragon72 View Post
      This is what I used when I used WIFI. I have moved over to a USB LAN dongle.

Set this up to monitor the connection. When it can't ping the internet it'll turn the WIFI off then on thus reconnecting without any interaction from you. Worked great for me.
      Thank you so much for your quick response, I really appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmanstan View Post
        Thank you so much for your quick response, I really appreciate it.
        I also forgot to mention that my wifi shows its on in the settings but on the notification bar, the wifi meter shows no signal, any ideas?

Comment

I also forgot to mention that my wifi shows its on in the settings but on the notification bar, the wifi meter shows no signal, any ideas?

This is a standard thing with the rockchip devices. From what I and a few others can tell the chip looses it's sync with the router. When the sync is lost it drops to a lower speed. this will continue to happen until the unit drops to 1mb and then the last sync causes the chip to drop the router. Once it does that it will no longer try to attach to that router till the cache for that router is cleared.

This seems like a hardware issue as all my attempts to adjust the WIFI via the driver and files have failed.

Best I can tell you is to get a USB LAN or WIFI device. Just look around the forums and you will see a list of compatible devices that Finless has put in his ROM's.

Sorry but there is nothing that can be done to fix this issue other than installing a separate device or using the program I sent.

Comment

So your saying that I can just buy a wifi USB dongle and it will work instead of a USB LAN adaptor?

Comment

So your saying that I can just buy a wifi USB dongle and it will work instead of a USB LAN adaptor?
              Look for the thread for WIFI dongles and also finless 1.7 rom. I believe Bob added the driver to that rom but not entirely sure.

Comment

Working...
              X