Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MX1 stuck at finless boot screen

Hi,
    I recently flashed new 4.2 update using finless 1.7 kit. changed finless system.img with update.img(renamed to system.img). I also choose boot1080, kernel1080 and parameter4gb. Flashing went well, I did not see any errors(I guess), after restart it is stuck at finless boot screen and nothing happens. Now my PC is not able to find appropriate driver for MX1. It detects MXI but not taking any drivers as supported because if this I cannot flash it again as RK batch tool is not able to recognize it.
    Btw I tried reset button also tried to erase nand flash the sorting two pads.

Originally posted by bhelpuri View Post
    Hi,
    I recently flashed new 4.2 update using finless 1.7 kit. changed finless system.img with update.img(renamed to system.img). I also choose boot1080, kernel1080 and parameter4gb. Flashing went well, I did not see any errors(I guess), after restart it is stuck at finless boot screen and nothing happens. Now my PC is not able to find appropriate driver for MX1. It detects MXI but not taking any drivers as supported because if this I cannot flash it again as RK batch tool is not able to recognize it.
    Btw I tried reset button also tried to erase nand flash the sorting two pads.
    Thats not the way to flash the rom update.img is a full rom not only system.img. And need to be flashed with other tool normally provided by your seller, or you can use the rkflashtool included in finless roms in the folder alternative_reboot_to_flash or something like it
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Is there anything I can do now? rkflashtool and alternative_reboot_to_flash are not detecting mx1. Seems like mx1 is in some other state and I need to back it to flashing state.
      Originally posted by leolas View Post
      Thats not the way to flash the rom update.img is a full rom not only system.img. And need to be flashed with other tool normally provided by your seller, or you can use the rkflashtool included in finless roms in the folder alternative_reboot_to_flash or something like it

Comment

bhelpuri

Not good but something I don't understand (Btw I tried reset button also tried to erase nand flash the sorting two pads.)

Are you saying that you can get to the Recovery screen by holding in the reset button then connect the power usb.If you can get to the recovery screen just install a standard mx1 rom from their with update.img or update.zip..

I install Finless Rom on a young fellows mx1 about a month ago and it was running all good the 720 version with CWM.Then he wanted to update it to 1080 version so he install the 1080 version BUT he forgot to rename the boot1080 and the kernel1080 he said install went fine but it won,t boot.So he came around to my place with the stick to look at it for him.But I have tried everything I can to reinstall the rom for some reason it won,t even boot to the recovery screen CMW or STD all you get is a dead Android on hes back tried 5 different computers not one can even see the stick anymore.So I ended up giving him my mx2 as I will be getting a ODROID-X2 in a few weeks and running Archlinux..

I have installed and modded many roms for phones tablets edited xml files and the like all these devices are very tough things they are hard to kill but if you do it is no fun for the owner..

You must learn to take your time Don't install Roms on the spur of the moment..

Good Luck I hope it works out for you

Comment

Re: MX1 stuck at finless boot screen

Originally posted by bhelpuri View Post
          Is there anything I can do now? rkflashtool and alternative_reboot_to_flash are not detecting mx1. Seems like mx1 is in some other state and I need to back it to flashing state.
          Have mx1 a reset button?
          REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
          My devices:
          Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
          MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
          Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
          Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
          Gearbest.com)
          MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
          Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
          Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Yes it has reset button, but in my case nothing happened. Anyways I contacted geekbuying and they are saying that they going to fix it or replace it. I will send it to them tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
            X