Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need compiled driver/kernel for ASIX 7830 USB LAN adaptor to be used on iMito MX1/MX2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need compiled driver/kernel for ASIX 7830 USB LAN adaptor to be used on iMito MX1/MX2

Hello world,

Today I've received a USB LAN adaptor based on the ASIX 7830 chipset, for which the manufacturer provides Linux sources: http://www.asix.com.tw/download.php?...il&PItemID=109

Unfortunately it does not work with the latest iMito ROM (4.2 from May 7th, 2013), so I obviously need to compile my own kernel with the appropriate driver included.

Having read this detailed tutorial I fear that there are too many potential sources of error if I tried it myself with my limited Linux skills.

So does anyone happen to have built a kernel for the MX1/MX2 with this driver included? Are there any chances this driver to be included in future releases? Given the MX1's terrible WiFi performance it would be the least iMito to implement drivers for a wide range of LAN adaptors.

Also where can I download the kernel source of the latest iMito ROM in case I decide to dare trying it myself.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Cheers

Inquisitor

Re: need compiled driver/kernel for ASIX 7830 USB LAN adaptor to be used on iMito MX1/MX2

I will try.
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Thanks a lot leolas, but I've decided to return that LAN adaptor and try another one. It wouldn't be very convenient to compile new kernels upon each update. So please don't waste your time if you don't need the kernel for yourself.

Comment

Working...
      X