This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW - Imito MX1/2 JB 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 2.0

OK folks, as many may know Imito released an official JellyBean 4.2.2 ROM for the MX1/2.
    You can read about it here and also get the stock ROM from links posted in this thread:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...e-Release-Here

I decided to make a Finless ROM 2.0 version using it.

I was trying to port the MK808 4.2.2 ROM to the Imito because it has a few more features in it but the way Imito implemented wifi in this 4.2.2 is different and I have yet to get it ported. I may work on that later and release a 2.1 ROM using that.

But with that said, this is a pretty cool 4.2.2 release by Imito that I used to make my ROM. So if you want 4.2.2 this maybe for you!

Features and release notes for my 2.0 JB 4.2.2 ROM:

Features and release notes for my 2.9 JB 4.2.2 ROM:

1) Rooted with an updated SU and Superuser.apk that works with 4.2.2

2) Debloated of a some bloat apps!

3) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!

4) Gameloft fix. This fixes Gameloft games from crashing to the desktop.
    Many of them do not run and crash to the desktop. This is due to a license check based on the device.
    Special thanks to Christian Troy for inventing this fix. I modded it for this ROM.

5) Phone carrier fix for Google Market unlock (more APPs show up).
    For some reason this was not built in like other stock ROMs.

6) I unlocked hidden settings:
    -> Accessibility

7) New "grid" style launcher available as a choice of launchers.
    Some people still want the Alternate launcher that comes with many TV sticks for EZ TV use.
    I took this from another 4.2.2 ROM. This of course comes with the RK settings as well.
    If you want to remove this just use ES File explorer and delete these files from /system/app
    LauncherNEW.apk
    AllApp.apk
    RKSettings.apk
    RKBasicsettings.apk
    Now just reboot and all this will be gone.

8) I fixed the stock JB launcher icon placement.
    The icons were not in the dock but just above it which was ugly!

9) All Google APPs updated except Google Search

10) Busybox that I like best Wraitdu 1.19.4

11) Changed build.prop so USB connaction to PC is a Mass Storage device and not a MTP device.
    This ROM has no settings to change that at all (I will fix that later). I prefer a Mass Storage device myself.
    You can easily change it back in build.prop. I commented out the MTP line.

12) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
    I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
    YOur device will now NOT show up as a MK808 device to Google Play! Understand this please.
    I also left the original buiild.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
    If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
    Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
    Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
    Reboot!

13) RK Remote control does not work in this ROM! It crashes!
    I will work on fixing this later. It's a very common issue with 4.2.2.
    However the MK808 4.2.2 ROM works so I will try to fix this issue in a future release.

14) Petrus reboot APP is added

15) 1080P patched kernel baby! I patched the stock kernel to 1080P.
    There are 2 kernels and 2 boots in the ROM kit. By default kernel720 and boot720 are selected in the flash tool.
    If you want to use a 1080 kernel then read the instructions below.

AS ALWAYS! See the README in the ROM download for full details and instructions!

Here is the ROM download:

ROM -> Imito JB 4.2.2 - Finless 2.0 ROM (250 megs)

Enjoy,
    Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

awesome thanks for your work as always !!!!

i'm downloading it right now !

just a question is there the xpad.ko inside ? if it's not can i use your old one ?

anyway thanks to you we have a very interresting device !

Comment

Re: NEW - Imito MX1/2 JB 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 2.0

Let's see :-)

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk 2

Comment

Many thanks Bob.

This may just be a potential issue with my stick but I noticed that under storage in settings that the Nand Flash needed mounting.

When I tried I receive the prompt 'Blank internal flash'

Edit: Just flashed it again and it is now mounted.
        Last edited by bluesmanuk; 05-21-2013, 19:26. Reason: Update of information
        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

awesome! gonna try now!

Comment

Originally posted by eguibs View Post
            awesome thanks for your work as always !!!!

i'm downloading it right now !

just a question is there the xpad.ko inside ? if it's not can i use your old one ?

anyway thanks to you we have a very interresting device !

It says in the readme that the factory is adding xpad.ko , so yes it is included.. any one notice any problems with wifi with this one? I'm waiting to install till I hear more feedback

Comment

WiFi is a little weaker than on older ROM's but it works.
              R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Well wi-fi is ok like before. It work ok is fresh installed so need a little till will work faster as usually.

Comment

Thanks Bob! For the moment is ok better then what imito had gave us via Geekbuying' blog. When you will have time, we wait for an updated version as you said.

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by shezzy View Post
                    It says in the readme that the factory is adding xpad.ko , so yes it is included.. any one notice any problems with wifi with this one? I'm waiting to install till I hear more feedback
                    my wifi is working fine. I am using this on the mk809ii. Much smoother than the imito release. XBMC streaming HD video flawlessly.

Antutu did crash when trying to run test. That is the only thing I have noticed thus far.

Comment

Looking forward to giving this one a whirl. Thanks Bob!

Comment

Flashed a couple of hours ago.

WIFI is noticibly worse, having streaming issues with pretty much all services I use (netflix + several streaming sites in sweden). Although I'm a first-time poster here I have noticed that wifi reception is different for everyone using the MX1/2 so that is not in any way definitive.

On a usage-level the rom is way snappier then 1.7 that I had installed prior to this, overall UI is a lot more responsive. Playback from usbhd also seems smoother and as someone mentioned before the colors actually appear more vivid (probably dependant on your hardware setup?).

Comment

For this release I have touched NOTHING to do with how well Wifi works over the stock 4.2.2 ROM Imito released.

If your having issues then you would have had the same issues using the stock 4.2.2 released from Imito.

But, trust me... They changed how wifi works in the stock 4.2.2 ROM (way different than previous Imito Stock ROMs) and I do not like it myself.
                          While I have not had an "user" issues myself with it (works great for me), I do not like how they technically implemented it.
                          So is there problems? Well I am not seeing it myself because I pulled the stupid crappy antenna from my case and leave it hanging outside, but could it be worse if your antenna is still in the case? Sure it could but I do not know that since wifi for me never worked good until I pulled the antenna from the case.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by atomwood View Post
                            Antutu did crash when trying to run test. That is the only thing I have noticed thus far.
                            I've noticed AnTuTu runs the CPU flat-out as soon as it's launched, not just while testing. This ROM is able to clock the CPU up to 1.6Ghz (as is the Official Imito 4.2.2 ROM) so people without passive/active cooling should beware, I think. Overheating could be the cause of your crash in AnTuTu?

[edit] Actually, I was mistaken about AnTuTu: it only runs the CPU flat-out when you first launch it, during initialization - not constantly, as I first thought. My bad. Sorry for the duff info.
                            Last edited by big10p; 05-22-2013, 16:06.

Comment

I have noticed the same on all 4.2.2 ROMs.
                              It seems even though it shows as a locked kernel and shows say 1008mhz, it is actually scaling!

Linpack will show this to be true so far that I have seen.

I expect that the way they made the kernel and locking the CPU is not working on 3.0.36+ or not working they way it did before on 3.0.8+.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X