Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it is strange but it suits me fine as I wanted to clock mine up to 1.6ghz, anyway. I just thought I would mention it in case some folks weren't aware of it.

I should get some cooling installed on my MK809II in the next week, but until then I'm just using CPU Master to regulate it down to 1.2Ghz, max.

Comment

Originally posted by big10p View Post
      Yes, it is strange but it suits me fine as I wanted to clock mine up to 1.6ghz, anyway. I just thought I would mention it in case some folks weren't aware of it.

I should get some cooling installed on my MK809II in the next week, but until then I'm just using CPU Master to regulate it down to 1.2Ghz, max.
      Let me know how you get on with the cooling mod as I'm thinking along the same lines with my MK809ii, so would be useful to see how go about it.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
        Let me know how you get on with the cooling mod as I'm thinking along the same lines with my MK809ii, so would be useful to see how go about it.
        Will do. I'm still at the stage of working out exactly what I'm going to do, though.

Comment

Thanks! I just installed it! It is like having a new toy to play with!

:-)

Comment

1080 Kernel test.

Finally, mine doesn't work that good. I installed it using the 1080 Kernel and even if the processing side works fine, the display side (frame rate) is very slow. Videos aren't play fast enough and even menus are slow... Does anyone else really tried the 1080 Kernel with this ROM? Or are you all using the 720 kernel.

If others are fine with their 1080 Kernel, I'll be glad to know and I'll try re-flashing it. Else I'll go with the 720.

Thanks for helping!

Comment

BTW, the new RKRemoteControl here http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php.../#.UZzlWK0RXFp works wonder with 4.2.2

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Comment

Originally posted by farhanito View Post
                BTW, the new RKRemoteControl here http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php.../#.UZzlWK0RXFp works wonder with 4.2.2

Thanks! I did not know that they released a new one!

Odd that my old version works fine on MK808 but crashes on Imito.
                Must be some change in the ROM. I will need to look into that.

Thanks for the tip! Downloading that now.

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by jy_p View Post
                  Finally, mine doesn't work that good. I installed it using the 1080 Kernel and even if the processing side works fine, the display side (frame rate) is very slow. Videos aren't play fast enough and even menus are slow... Does anyone else really tried the 1080 Kernel with this ROM? Or are you all using the 720 kernel.

If others are fine with their 1080 Kernel, I'll be glad to know and I'll try re-flashing it. Else I'll go with the 720.

Thanks for helping!
                  Haven't tried the 1080, my experience is with the 720

Comment

Re: NEW - Imito MX1/2 JB 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 2.0

Originally posted by Finless View Post

Bob
                    oh, another thing Bob..
                    if you look at the RKRemoteControl user manual (included in that download), they mention about RKGameControl app, which is not available on imito ROM. i rarely play games.. but that is interesting though

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jy_p View Post

Thanks for helping!
                      I briefly tried the 1080p kernel but have changed to 720p as things are just too small when displayed on my 26" TV. The fact that JB 4.2.2 has shrunk notification icons was the final straw for me, as far as 1080p goes.

While I was on 1080, I did notice a general slowness in the display compared to other 1080p ROMS. I was even getting laggy mouse pointer movement. I didn't get as far a testing video but that often takes some tweaking to get just right.

Anyone else not getting any sound when typing on the default virtual keyboard? I found the volume was set to -100 in the settings! I changed it to 100 but still get no sound. I noticed this in the official 4.2.2 ROM too, so it's nothing Finless has done.

Comment

Bob
                        And in the new minix rom there is a new eHomeMediaCenter apk, and the rkgamesettings, there are some interesting apps there.
                        REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                        My devices:
                        Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                        MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                        Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                        Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                        Gearbest.com)
                        MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                        Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

I briefly tried the 1080p kernel but have changed to 720p as things are just too small when displayed on my 26" TV. The fact that JB 4.2.2 has shrunk notification icons was the final straw for me, as far as 1080p goes.
                          A simple build.prop edit will make the icons and text large again and the same size on the 1080 kernel,

Since you are rooted you just use ES File explorer and go to /system and open build.prop

Fine this line:

ro.sf.lcd_density=160

Change the 160 to 240 and save the file.
                          reboot
                          On next boot all text and icons will be the same size as if you were on the 720 kernel.

I thought I had this in the readme?

Bob
                          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

A simple build.prop edit will make the icons and text large again and the same size on the 1080 kernel,

Since you are rooted you just use ES File explorer and go to /system and open build.prop

Fine this line:

ro.sf.lcd_density=160

Change the 160 to 240 and save the file.
                            reboot
                            On next boot all text and icons will be the same size as if you were on the 720 kernel.

I thought I had this in the readme?

Bob
                            Yes you did but I was fine with icon size (I can alter this in the launcher I use).
                            I was having trouble reading some text, more than anything.

Comment

While I was on 1080, I did notice a general slowness in the display compared to other 1080p ROMS. I was even getting laggy mouse pointer movement. I didn't get as far a testing video but that often takes some tweaking to get just right.

Anyone else not getting any sound when typing on the default virtual keyboard? I found the volume was set to -100 in the settings! I changed it to 100 but still get no sound. I noticed this in the official 4.2.2 ROM too, so it's nothing Finless has done.
                              I started off with the 1080p kernel too but it was a little more sluggish in operation and videos on the whole didn't seem as smooth.

That has been the same with every 1080p kernel that I have tried and I do think that it's just a case of the sticks not being up to it at the 1.2 clock. Perhaps with some cooling and running at 1.6 it might be better.

I noticed the keyboard sound issue. You get sound on some keys such as backspace but not for all characters.

I also found that if you hold down backspace to scrub back through a whole line it doesn't work.

I'm going to be trying my favourite hackers keyboard later to see if that exhibits the same issues.

The 720p is very good though although, whilst I do understand that nothing has been removed from the stock rooted ROM, the colours are a little less vibrant.
                              R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

AW: NEW - Imito MX1/2 JB 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 2.0

Hi,

can i use the Firmware on my UG007 mini Pc?

Thanks

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2
                                Last edited by acer09; 05-23-2013, 08:05.

Comment

Working...
                                X