X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sho25 View Post

Maybe stupid thinking:
    I think the output file for HDMI has been changed. Maybe old version of HDMI (1.3) has been deleted. I'm a real noob.
    And not by Bob, but by Imito
    Correct. 4.2.2 change HDMI output in some way. Not by Imito but by Rockchip. All TV sticks with 4.2.2 have this issue with some TVs. All my TV seems to work though.

So not a stupid suggestion but a smart observation.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Calendar

Anyone having issue with (Google) calendar sync ??

Comment

My Experience

Hey guys, first time poster. I have always just installed the geekbuying firmware in the past, but thought the latest offering was a little buggy. Had problems with Play store, Wouldnt always open..... XBMC wouldnt open..... Anyway decided to try the finless because of the raging reviews.
        My Background. Imito MX1 Owner 6 months of solid use. Occupation Electrical Engineer. So a technical background. Have previously flashed the device with the geekbuying firmware.

My Experience. Downloaded the finless 2.0 zip from this site. Read through the instructions 5 times... (didnt want to brick it.) My laptop couldn't see the device, kept coming up "No found RKAndroid rock usb". Gave up after an hour of plugging unplugging etc. turned my laptop off and went to bed. The next day plugged it in, and it saw the device "Found RKAndroid Mass Storage Usb".... nothing else changed (except i reset the laptop).
        Ok so followed the instruction, "Reboot to Flash Mode"...wait....went to the next step.... "Erase NAND (IDB)"..... A pretty quick process, successful erase... Then the message"No found RKAndroid rock usb" returned. I couldnt do anything. Flashing was not able to work because it couldnt see the device..... Plugging it back in to the tv did nothing for me.. Thought it was bricked..... After an hour of trying different things i was starting to run out of options... then the IT approach hit me... Reset the laptop.... On reset, my laptop was able to see the device and the flash process worked as designed. Much to my relief. The device has been working in 1080 mode since, no dramas to report.

I thought i would post my story just in case someone has a similar experience and starts to get frustrated. I didn't find anyone else having the same experience as me. Hopefully it is unique.

Moral to the story, computers are strange things, be patient. Thanks for the new firmware, i like the way the software is currently working. I am sure there will be bugs, but you seem to have a good handle on it.

Thank you for your effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan79 View Post
          Hey guys, first time poster. I have always just installed the geekbuying firmware in the past, but thought the latest offering was a little buggy. Had problems with Play store, Wouldnt always open..... XBMC wouldnt open..... Anyway decided to try the finless because of the raging reviews.
          My Background. Imito MX1 Owner 6 months of solid use. Occupation Electrical Engineer. So a technical background. Have previously flashed the device with the geekbuying firmware.

My Experience. Downloaded the finless 2.0 zip from this site. Read through the instructions 5 times... (didnt want to brick it.) My laptop couldn't see the device, kept coming up "No found RKAndroid rock usb". Gave up after an hour of plugging unplugging etc. turned my laptop off and went to bed. The next day plugged it in, and it saw the device "Found RKAndroid Mass Storage Usb".... nothing else changed (except i reset the laptop).
          Ok so followed the instruction, "Reboot to Flash Mode"...wait....went to the next step.... "Erase NAND (IDB)"..... A pretty quick process, successful erase... Then the message"No found RKAndroid rock usb" returned. I couldnt do anything. Flashing was not able to work because it couldnt see the device..... Plugging it back in to the tv did nothing for me.. Thought it was bricked..... After an hour of trying different things i was starting to run out of options... then the IT approach hit me... Reset the laptop.... On reset, my laptop was able to see the device and the flash process worked as designed. Much to my relief. The device has been working in 1080 mode since, no dramas to report.

I thought i would post my story just in case someone has a similar experience and starts to get frustrated. I didn't find anyone else having the same experience as me. Hopefully it is unique.

Moral to the story, computers are strange things, be patient. Thanks for the new firmware, i like the way the software is currently working. I am sure there will be bugs, but you seem to have a good handle on it.

Thank you for your effort.
          Glad you got things working. I don't recall hearing of this problem before. I suspect the issue is with the OTG cable you used (did you try others?), or possibly the USB port on your laptop. Thankfully, due to the reset button, these devices are virtually un-brickable.

[edit] Did you also try to detect the device using the RK Batch Tool, supplied in the ROM zip?

Comment

Originally posted by big10p View Post
            Glad you got things working. I don't recall hearing of this problem before. I suspect the issue is with the OTG cable you used (did you try others?), or possibly the USB port on your laptop. Thankfully, due to the reset button, these devices are virtually un-brickable.
            I usually use a cheap and nasty cable without dramas. But i did try my samsung galaxy cable without luck. Plugged and unplugged in the OTG port. My laptop is used to interface with all sorts of electronic equipment, industrial and around home. I only posted because it could easily happen to someone else, and hope they dont give it up.

Comment

Re: NEW - Imito MX1/2 JB 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 2.0

Originally posted by Dan79 View Post
              I usually use a cheap and nasty cable without dramas. But i did try my samsung galaxy cable without luck. Plugged and unplugged in the OTG port. My laptop is used to interface with all sorts of electronic equipment, industrial and around home. I only posted because it could easily happen to someone else, and hope they dont give it up.
              Seems as your computer hasn't the development driver installed. When you plug your mx, trough usb otg port, please confirm if you have an unknown device between your usb devices.
              Regards,

Enviado desde mi LG-P970 usando Tapatalk 2

Comment

Hi,

I tested the 2.0 ROM last weekend, and I can say that the 1080 kernel is working but it is unusable.

The overall performance is OK with the 1080 kernel (over 8000 score in AnTuTu), but the UI is too slow and unresponsive. I even experienced some reboots which I think are related to this...

So, I flashed the 720 kernel and it is more responsive.

Wifi signal seems as good as in 1.7b ROM. But as I'm running the device outside of it's casing (for better wifi signal), I may not be the reference.

I also experienced a new problem with both 720 & 1080 kernels. From time to time, the video output becomes purple/pink. I then need to unplug and replug the HDMI connection to get rid of this.

Is anybody else suffering this?

Comment

Netflix need DRM certs

Hi,

Please, in the next version can we have a working Netflix?

Looks like we are missing the DRM certs

THX

Comment

the rom suports spanish languaje?
                    what kernel is best, 720 or 1080?
                    thanks!

Comment

Hi!

I installed it on my imito MX1. Everything is fine! Thank you very much Bob! You are really a great guy!!

Some remarks:

1. How can I remove the google search bar on the top of the home screen? I have tried everything but it didn't work...

2. Sometimes I loose the option of hiding the bottom bar. When I boot to the system first time I have the option to hide it, I can see the "hide" symbols next to the "shutdown" symbol. But if I run some applications, for example xbmc, and the exit the application, I loose the hide symbol. I have to reboot the system in order to make it appear again.

3. One question : Is this rom updated with the new libstagefright.so like your 1.7 rom? Or it is not necessary for the 4.2 android?

Again thank you for your great rom and above all for your devotion to the communitty!!

Comment

Re: NEW - Imito MX1/2 JB 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 2.0

Originally posted by cbd View Post
                        the rom suports spanish languaje?
                        what kernel is best, 720 or 1080?
                        thanks!
                        Yes, like the stock one.

Si como la de stock

leolas
                        REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                        My devices:
                        Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                        MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                        Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                        Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                        Gearbest.com)
                        MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                        Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by sstavross View Post
                          Hi!

I installed it on my imito MX1. Everything is fine! Thank you very much Bob! You are really a great guy!!

Some remarks:

1. How can I remove the google search bar on the top of the home screen? I have tried everything but it didn't work...
                          You can't on the stock launcher (Android is made by Google, remember ).

You need to install A 3rd party launcher to get rid of it. I use Holo Launcher HD.

Comment

can i do this via a mac

can i update this via mac or via the imito stick itself?
                            i dont have a windows pc

Comment

Hello, can you add 1360x768 kernel in the next version?, im using 1.7 now and work perfect but the image is not good.

thanks.

Comment

Could anyone who's tried this tell me if CIFs are working on 4.2.2. / finless 2.0.

Im not sure I could cope if its not as I run most stuff from my NAS.

I've not managed to get CIF's to work on my Nexus 7 or my S3 both on 4.2.2, and it works fine on Finless 1.7

Comment

Working...
                                X