This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finless ROM 2.0 on MK809 II

I installed this ROM yesterday to MK809 II and everything seems working great except for
    Bluetooth.

Actually, BT connection is working fine.
    But the problem is, at a certain time, it drops then reconnects again.
    It may not be really a problem since it is reconnecting but it is some kind of annoying.

The MK809 II is connected to a Bluetooth speaker every time we are watching TV shows or Movies.
    So while video is playing, sound can be heard on BT speaker.
    But at a certain time, it will drop. Then the sound will be heard on the TV.
    But after 3-5 seconds, it will reconnect again to BT speaker.
    And this happens all throughout while watching the video.
    (I am not sure if this is also happening if only on standby or not watching a video. I'll try that.)

Note: In New-Measy Finless 1.7 ROM, this is not happening. The BT connection is not dropping.

Comment

You can try 2.0 720p. Text and image looks pretty good.
      Though I'd like to have 1366x768 too.

Hello, can you add 1360x768 kernel in the next version?, im using 1.7 now and work perfect but the image is not good.

thanks.

Comment

Hi Bob!

I installed the finless 2.0

Can´t pair my PS3 controller with Sixaxis Controller.

With Finless 1.7b Kernel 720 works fine, but in Finless 2.0 doesn´t work... maybe a bug, something wrong with this new rom.

Thank´s for your great work.

Regards!

Comment

can i update via mac?

Comment

Odp: NEW - Imito MX1/2 JB 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 2.0

Originally posted by g.b.a. View Post
            I installed this ROM yesterday to MK809 II and everything seems working great except for
            Bluetooth.

It may not be really a problem since it is reconnecting but it is some kind of annoying.

The MK809 II is connected to a Bluetooth speaker every time we are watching TV shows or Movies.
            (I am not sure if this is also happening if only on standby or not watching a video. I'll try that.)

Note: In New-Measy Finless 1.7 ROM, this is not happening. The BT connection is not dropping.
            It's happen with BT mouse as well. Any help?
            Everything else is working great.
            Big Thanks to Bob

Wysyłane z mojego GT-I9100 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by g.b.a. View Post
              Bluetooth.

Yep, I'm getting this too. I've noticed the BT icon in the notification bar suddenly disappears, then re-appears a short time later.

Comment

Originally posted by big10p View Post
                Yep, I'm getting this too. I've noticed the BT icon in the notification bar suddenly disappears, then re-appears a short time later.
                hooo I use the mk809II for play with a bluetooth gamepad...
                please bob fix it!!

Comment

Boot Animation File

Many thanks to the developer for this one, rom is working perfectly for me on my two MX1's.

One thing however that I can't figure out, where is the darn 720p bootanimation.zip put at? I attempted to put mine in the /system/media folder, but every time I boot up it still shows a glimpse of Finlesses boot anime then it goes to the one I stuck in there. I also checked /data/local and there are no files in there. So if anyone has any suggestions, they're much appreciated. Thanks again.

*edit*

I also can't seem to get my PS3 controller to connect with sixaxis. Anyone else having this issue?
                  Last edited by Wotlos; 06-01-2013, 17:49. Reason: New Issue

Comment

Originally posted by jefflessard View Post
                    Hi,

I tested the 2.0 ROM last weekend, and I can say that the 1080 kernel is working but it is unusable.

The overall performance is OK with the 1080 kernel (over 8000 score in AnTuTu), but the UI is too slow and unresponsive. I even experienced some reboots which I think are related to this...

So, I flashed the 720 kernel and it is more responsive.

Wifi signal seems as good as in 1.7b ROM. But as I'm running the device outside of it's casing (for better wifi signal), I may not be the reference.

I also experienced a new problem with both 720 & 1080 kernels. From time to time, the video output becomes purple/pink. I then need to unplug and replug the HDMI connection to get rid of this.

Is anybody else suffering this?
                    I am in the same boat. I received my MK808B 2 days ago, it was with a newer 4.2.2 firmware than the one used in Finless 2.1 but I had the pink/purple image with the stock and also with Finless 2.1.
                    Had to pull out and in the HDMI cable to have the right image back, just like you said. I used the original HDMI cable that came with the package. So do you think it is a 4.2.2 firmware problem and 4.1.1 works well?

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                      For this release I have touched NOTHING to do with how well Wifi works over the stock 4.2.2 ROM Imito released.

If your having issues then you would have had the same issues using the stock 4.2.2 released from Imito.

But, trust me... They changed how wifi works in the stock 4.2.2 ROM (way different than previous Imito Stock ROMs) and I do not like it myself.
                      While I have not had an "user" issues myself with it (works great for me), I do not like how they technically implemented it.
                      So is there problems? Well I am not seeing it myself because I pulled the stupid crappy antenna from my case and leave it hanging outside, but could it be worse if your antenna is still in the case? Sure it could but I do not know that since wifi for me never worked good until I pulled the antenna from the case.

Bob
                      Thank you for your reply. I have now made the same adjustements to my mx1 - "pulled the stupid crappy antenna from my case" and wifi is in fact greatly improved. Thank you for the suggestion Your ROM is now very much usable and the upgrade to 4.2 have quite an impact on graphics and overall performance. Coupled with netflix 2.0.2 it's definitly a keeper.

Thanks!

Comment

Netflix 2.0.2

Originally posted by _Nomad_ View Post
                        Thank you for your reply. I have now made the same adjustements to my mx1 - "pulled the stupid crappy antenna from my case" and wifi is in fact greatly improved. Thank you for the suggestion Your ROM is now very much usable and the upgrade to 4.2 have quite an impact on graphics and overall performance. Coupled with netflix 2.0.2 it's definitly a keeper.

Thanks!
                        _Nomad_

Is netflix 2.0.2 working for you with this ROM? I understood there were still problems, that Netflix would play for a few seconds and then stall and never recover. Are you able to watch Netflix for extended periods of time?

Comment

I have posted many times about 2.0.2. It does not work for me anymore (it use to a month ago). It looks like it works but if you actually try to watch a movie for some time, it will stop buffering and hang.

Bob
                          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

bob, sorry for asking but any fix for bluetooth disconections? the main us of my mk809II is play with a bluetooth gamepad.... thanks and sorry bob

Enviado desde mi Xperia Arc S

Comment

Re: NEW - Imito MX1/2 JB 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 2.0

Bob. Was wondering if we could pull some libs from mk808 to help with video decoders, like libOMX.SEC.M4V.Decoder.so and so on. Have used that on my Samsung galaxy s and has helped when stuff like youtube wouldn't buffer. Just a thought no sure if even feasible.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                                I have posted many times about 2.0.2. It does not work for me anymore (it use to a month ago). It looks like it works but if you actually try to watch a movie for some time, it will stop buffering and hang.

Bob
                                That is why I asked _Nomad_ if it was working for *him*. He seemed to imply that it was because he stated that 4.2 with Netflix 2.0.2 was a keeper.

Comment

Working...
                                X