This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finless 2.0 wifi/blueooth reset

I am running a clone rk3066 with media tech chips. Strange thing I've found is that if I use the remote RK app v1.1.0 and v.2.0.3. so With the version that shows a clean interface, ( this the one that crashes and resets)sorry but I don't have in font of me right now, but using these two versions somehow resets the whole network stacks. One version crashes the stick if connect and then try to use the control to move the cursor on screen the stick crashes.... But, when the stick reboots...MAGIC!!! or something like it... Now both my Bluetooth and WiFi work perfectly.
    I have no explanation for this behaviour, but it works everytime.
    If someone can figure it out it help alot.
    One other thing regarding this problem, I am going to try
    SU
    Dmesg
    To try to get an idea of whats going on.
    I believe that using insmod would allow me to use an init-d script to inject the correct drivers on boot. Of course that depends on if the log file gives actionable info.
    I kind of messed up this note as I hate thumb typing, fingers are too big, or.. screens too small.
    Later,
    Ben
    new millennium technologies

(I'll post which version crashes and which ver. works properly when I get back home later. Suffice to say the crowded interface works correctly and the other resets the radios)

Comment

Maybe this can help, a list of the WiFi and BT chips mounted by the most common MiniPCs:

and here are some links, also the Rikomagic 1080:

In this short post I gathered all the links with the different versions of firmware tested by me for Rikomagic MK802IIIS bluetooth versi...
      Last edited by Pax; 04-11-2014, 23:07.

Comment

Kernel Used

I've looked through the thread a couple times, but can't find where it is mentioned what kernel source this ROM is built with. I've seen elsewhere around these forums that andrewDB's tree and omegamoon's tree, among others, are pretty popular. Does anyone know if it uses one of those trees or something else?

I'd like to compile some device drivers and I'd rather compile them against the actual kernel source used in this ROM to make my life easier.

EDIT: From further reading, it looks like Finless may not be working with source. Is this correct? If so, does anyone know of a device that has the kernel source available?
        Last edited by potissimus; 04-12-2014, 16:06.

Comment

Originally posted by astomaz View Post
          Hi! Thank you for your response...
          It didn't work. Still not possible to turn the WIFI on after turn it off or restart the device. After a factory reset, the WIFI returns to life.
          It always works for me, just delete those files or directories and then reboot
          If you want it to autoconnect without prompting for passkey every time, just put there the original config file edited with your network and passkey

Comment

Originally posted by potissimus View Post
            EDIT: From further reading, it looks like Finless may not be working with source. Is this correct? If so, does anyone know of a device that has the kernel source available?
            I have been looking for that myself. I am actually about to start working on compiling the 4.2.2 ROM stratch. To try and fix some of the problems with it my self. What I have found so far there are a few kernal sources.

On this page you will find links to some GPL kernals that someone has posted.
            Rockchip RK3066 (part of RK30xx family) is a Chinese dual ARM Cortex A9 SoC targeting multimedia products such as tablets (e.g. Cube U30GT), mini PC (e.g

Here is a list of other tools and a link to a different kernal set.

Comment

Originally posted by potissimus View Post
              I'd like to compile some device drivers and I'd rather compile them against the actual kernel source used in this ROM to make my life easier.
              which drivers and for which version?

Comment

Wifi/bluetooth troubles

Hello Comrads!
                Imito MX1
                I had troubles with webcam Logitech c270 - it didn't worked.
                I tried to change factory firmware to Finless ROM 2.0. Firmware upload was without any errors, but now wifi and bluetooth modules are not working - i'm triyng to turn it ON, but there is no result.
                After that i tried to upload 1.5 and 1.7b - no changes, wifi is not working.;
                What i did wrong? How I can fix it?
                Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Wotlos View Post
                  Many thanks to the developer for this one, rom is working perfectly for me on my two MX1's.

One thing however that I can't figure out, where is the darn 720p bootanimation.zip put at? I attempted to put mine in the /system/media folder, but every time I boot up it still shows a glimpse of Finlesses boot anime then it goes to the one I stuck in there. I also checked /data/local and there are no files in there. So if anyone has any suggestions, they're much appreciated. Thanks again.

*edit*

I also can't seem to get my PS3 controller to connect with sixaxis. Anyone else having this issue?
                  Did you ever fix this for 2.0 or did you go back to 1.7b? I cant pair my controller either.

Comment

I tried this ROM (1080p, 4gb partition) but Plex was slow and sound was off sync. I mainly use Plex so I downgraded.

Comment

Originally posted by m4f1050 View Post
                      I tried this ROM (1080p, 4gb partition) but Plex was slow and sound was off sync. I mainly use Plex so I downgraded.
                      hey man can you explain how you downgraded the device? I can't seem to get back to stock and yeah I'm in the same boat, just use it for Plex and lately Plex is pretty messed up

Comment

Originally posted by m4f1050 View Post
                        Originally posted by ssgoku129 View Post
                        hey man can you explain how you downgraded the device? I can't seem to get back to stock and yeah I'm in the same boat, just use it for Plex and lately Plex is pretty messed up

ah I figured it out, Win8.1 was having trouble installing the USB flashable drivers, I booted into Win7 and everything worked fine.

Comment

Has anybody gotten this to run smoothly on an RK3066 (dual core) without audio/video desync or clunky UI?

I found these so I can o/c to 1.6GHz but I don't think that will help any...

Code:
                          http://www.****.com/itm/331197121084
                          Im going to stick with 1.7b for now AND add the heat sink to run @ 1.6GHz. I'm running @ 1.27GHz ATM and it runs great.. Should get better after I add the heat sink.

Comment

Awesome, thanks Bob

Hello there,
                            first I want to say: Thank you, Bob. A tons of thanks for your brilliant work.
                            I just flashed my iMito MX1 with Finless ROM 2.0 and everything is working like a charm.
                            Here is my $.25 :
                            - First try: 720p kernel and boot images, 2GB parameter - stuck to Formatting /data ...
                            - Second try: 720p kernel and boot images, 2GB parameter - stuck to loading screen
                            - Last try: 1080p kernel and boot images, 1GB parameter - voila, everything is good

I'd used Finless flashing tool for flashing procedure - no complaints, I'd followed all steps described in README file, no need to disassemble the device and shorting the pins. WiFi is on 50% (dunno is this bad or good, but my download speed is better than with iMito's stock firmware). I ran AnTuTu benchmark and got 12121 score (dunno too is this bad or good). Here is a link to image: https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...56469380_o.jpg

At last - this was my first attempt with flashing and I think it was fine.

Comment

Just installed the ROM and my Wifi and BT are working perfectly fine. I set my CPU range from 1ghz to 1.6ghz using SetCPU, disabled a few applications I didn't need, like browser, email, exchange, and their ehome launcher. I'll probably remove all aspects of their launcher at some point and see how that goes. It's running nice and snappy.

I tested with Antutu Benchmark and scored an 11674

Thanks for the rom!

Comment

Hope kitkat

Hi there,

i'm a (very) happy user of your roms and i wonder if you can do something with the rk3066 4.4.2 for our imito mx1/2.

thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X