Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which remote control you are using with Imito MX1/2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which remote control you are using with Imito MX1/2?

I am interested in some good remote under $30, should be good for multimedia remote having a keyboard is better. I tried ipazzport but didn't liked it as it was cheap quality and its mic didn't work for me.

For the time being I am using android remote app.

Bhelpuri

Originally posted by bhelpuri View Post
    I am interested in some good remote under $30, should be good for multimedia remote having a keyboard is better. I tried ipazzport but didn't liked it as it was cheap quality and its mic didn't work for me.

For the time being I am using android remote app.

Bhelpuri
    I'm using 2 currently.

At first I had 2 of these, one in the bedroom and one in the living room, both control my iMito MX1's:

I really never minded the full size key board because surprisingly the track ball and mouse button layout is quite nice. However, after taking a few spills off the couch, one broke and I decided to downsize for the living room.

So I just picked this one up the other day:

If you don't like the feeling of cheap quality, I wouldn't suggest this one. It's as lite as a feather and literally feels hollow. But, it's been working well so far, and the price was dirt cheap.

Comment

I just got the Logitech K400 after only using a mouse for months.

I installed Null Keyboard to stop the popup onscreen keyboard, but I'm still in the learning curve.

I got used to using a plain old mouse and the Android RKremote app on my phone and tablet.

The K400 is nice. It's just north of $30 when its on sale.

I have two different flymouse also. One is bluetooth and looks similar to the one in OP link. I didn't like having the bluetooth on all the time and I was always misplacing it. Annnnnd I was always teasing the dog by painting the wall with the laser pointer like a bug. That and it was just another cable to keep around for charging to keep track of.

The mini flymouse that wasn't bluetooth worked fine also. The one I have has a set of buttons on the back for aux and tv functions. It will 'learn' by pointing your other remote at it and do basic stuff like volume and input. I lost the instruction sheet for it a long time ago. It's nice because it has a spot inside to hold the USB dongle. Nice. It's flimsy though and makes the mouse look like it's hopped up on PCP when its in fly mode.

I don't do loads of typing anyway so I am actually pretty content with a nice cheap mouse.

After I've had the K400 for longer I may change my mind. It's different in every app though how it scrolls and the ways the arrow keys work. I haven't plugged into a PC yet, but I hope I can set scroll areas on the touch pad. Flinging and clicking is tricky on the touch pad. Either a quick double tap or a left click and swipe. I'm doing a lot of right clicking to get where I want to be with it.

A plain old mouse will long click and grab to fling scroll or grab and select.

No way a mouse and keyboard combo are practical for me. I like the trackball one pictured.

I looked at the wireless finger mouse with trackballs browsing online one day. I might buy one and write a review. It looks cool and seems like a practical idea, but I like to be on the cutting edge, not the bleeding edge...

I haven't seen anyone comment on them in respect to Android yet.

Comment

Duooohhh!!

Two fingers scroll on the K400.

I guess reading instructions, if all else fails...

Comment

Working...
        X