4gb vs 8gb Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4gb vs 8gb Devices

When I bought my MK808b and MK802IIIs, I chose the 8gb thinking that I will have more storage for apps, picturs, and other files, but with all customs Rom, it leaves only 2gb for app which is good but what would be the advantage to buy 8gb over 4gb if at the end both of them will have same storage size 2gb?

Don't confuse APP space with SDcard area.

The available NAND memory is split into 2 parts.
    /data
    /sdcard

/data is where APPS get installed, user account info, etc etc etc.... This is the 2GB you are talking about. We increase this in custom ROMs so you can install more APPs and not get errors about no space left.

Since ICS /sdcard is now used for just media or "external APP data" if that APP supports putting large data files on /sdcard (like downloaded game data). For backwards compatibility all Android devices must have some kind of /sdcard.
    Anyway /sdcard is for putting "media" on. Like music files, pictures, and movies.

If you insert a physical external /sdcard then you now have 2 /sdcard mounts
    /sdcard
    /sdcard_external

Again both are used for the same thing, media storage.

BOb
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Thanks Bob, I can see that now I have almost 2gb for apps and almost 3.37 for the internal Nand storage, so even I don't know where is the missing 2gb, at least I know that I have more the 4gb total.

Comment

Originally posted by mishtag View Post
        Thanks Bob, I can see that now I have almost 2gb for apps and almost 3.37 for the internal Nand storage, so even I don't know where is the missing 2gb, at least I know that I have more the 4gb total.
        The 'missing' ~2gb is taken up by the various Android system partitions. Android itself has to be stored somewhere, remember!

Comment

Thanks for reminding me big10p.

Comment

Working...
          X