mx1 cheap piece of crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mx1 cheap piece of crap

Ever since I purchased my cx-919 my mx1 has been unused. The micro usb port on the side had broken long ago as had the original power supply. I went to flash the latest finless rom onto it to sell it on **** when I noticed how cheaply made the cables that came with it compared to the ones from the cx-919. To top it off the usb power port broke just as I was plugging it into my computer. Imito will never get my money again.

Please make sure you are getting the origianl imito mx1, there are copied in market.
    Originally posted by bloatman View Post
    Ever since I purchased my cx-919 my mx1 has been unused. The micro usb port on the side had broken long ago as had the original power supply. I went to flash the latest finless rom onto it to sell it on **** when I noticed how cheaply made the cables that came with it compared to the ones from the cx-919. To top it off the usb power port broke just as I was plugging it into my computer. Imito will never get my money again.
    Looking for developers
    http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

not sure how to tell if its a fake. I bought it from in4dealz.com in september

Comment

not sure how to tell if its a fake. I bought it from in4dealz.com in september
        Got my first mini pc from in4dealz that was a MX1 and never had any issues with it. Also know they don't sell clones

Comment

well just by comparison the build quality of the cx-919 seems so much better

Comment

Originally posted by AccordXTC View Post
            Got my first mini pc from in4dealz that was a MX1 and never had any issues with it. Also know they don't sell clones
            my experience was just the opposite, 2 broken ports, bad power supply and constant freeze ups not to mention the cheap quality cables. And how exactly do you know they don't sell clones? I sent them an email on wed to return under warranty and still no reply.

Comment

my experience was just the opposite, 2 broken ports, bad power supply and constant freeze ups not to mention the cheap quality cables. And how exactly do you know they don't sell clones? I sent them an email on wed to return under warranty and still no reply.

No guarantee when you buy anything. Even the big car companies have problems.

$60 for a mini pc that has worked non stop for 6 months. No failed ports, power supply, wifi good with my router. If it died tomorrow i would still think it has been a good purchase.

Would definitely look at another Imito product.

Comment

And I never would buy another imito product. Worked fine for about a month then it started to randomly freeze.The power supply went a couple of weeks after that. Then the side usb port fell apart. The whole metal sleeve pulled out with the usb cable. So I stopped using it for 4 months and then when I go to flash the latest finless rom onto it the power usb port falls apart. Just looking at the cheap quality of the included cables as compared to the ones from the cx-919 will tell you to steer clear. Now how can you defend the brand after what I've experienced. Consider yourself lucky but the real question is are you willing to gamble that the next imito you buy will perform the same.

Comment

And I never would buy another imito product. Worked fine for about a month then it started to randomly freeze.The power supply went a couple of weeks after that. Then the side usb port fell apart. The whole metal sleeve pulled out with the usb cable. So I stopped using it for 4 months and then when I go to flash the latest finless rom onto it the power usb port falls apart. Just looking at the cheap quality of the included cables as compared to the ones from the cx-919 will tell you to steer clear. Now how can you defend the brand after what I've experienced. Consider yourself lucky but the real question is are you willing to gamble that the next imito you buy will perform the same.
                  The answer is yes. I dont consider $60 a gamble. To be honest i would consider spending on a more expensive item if i saw value.
                  Sure you have had a bad experience, but i dont know how you have treated the equipment. Broken ports can be as much operator error as manufacturing issues (did you plug it in upside down?) You have not come across as the sharpest tool in the shed. My brother and I have had good MX1's that is good enough for me.

i dont know if you have a genuine product, have you looked after the product, dropped it or any of the like.

Go and google CX-919 problem and see if anyone has had any problems?? The facts are simple, all of these devices will be hit and miss, including the CX-919. Dont expect a rolls royce when you spend less than a $100

Comment

you just cant let it go can you. I know how to treat my electronics. Why are you so determined to defend this product? Do you work for the company? If you do then tell me how to return it under warranty because in4dealz is ignoring my request. I suppose you have a reason for that too don't you. Unreal

Comment

The usb sleeve pulls right out with the cable as I said before. Its poor soldering not any fault of mine

Comment

you just cant let it go can you. I know how to treat my electronics. Why are you so determined to defend this product? Do you work for the company? If you do then tell me how to return it under warranty because in4dealz is ignoring my request. I suppose you have a reason for that too don't you. Unreal

Definitely do not work for the manufacturer, or wholesaler. I piped up to say it is a good product to add balance to your argument. There are mixed reports for all these products because of the cheap manufacturing.
                        The only reason i responded twice and a third time was that you got your back up. I find that funny. Enjoy your day, i am sure you will get the last word in.

Comment

you sir are a moron. I start a thread only to share my bad experience. My whole family has made fun of me for buying this product as we would sit there waiting for it to respond. And now I have you just to twist the knife. Why don't you just start your own thread on how good yours is? Do you feel a need to make my bad experience worse? If you were next to me right now I would shove it down your throat.

Comment

Shouldn't Rest Conclusion On One or two Claims of Experience..

Declining University Performance is sending effect shock waves through US culture. Until 30 years ago anyone with any formal education heard often the warning to beware of anecdotal "evidence", that is don't base your view of something based on what a few people claim to be the truth. That sort of "truth" is relative to the speaker. In other words, it isn't truth at all.

In the best production system, there is a percentage of bad products 10 to 15%, to reduce that percent or try to prevent it from going out the door, US factories invented Quality Control Science & factories all have quality control departments. QC inspectors examine or test a certain percentage of all products, randomly, to find and remove bad products. The best QC system can only reduce, not eliminate defective products. To address this reality, manufacturers created the factory warranty. The warranty promises to reduce the buyer's risk should he get a bad product. None of this is PERFECT. As Kurt Godel proved mathematically, no system made by man is ever perefect.

Like it or not I can tell you this. My UG802, which I bought from In4Dealz is no cheap knockoff and I had only one of the problems with it people complain about. It had a Government version of Android loaded, which meant among other things I could not watch any YouTube or Netlix. It was a very restricted system. This was easily corrected by downloading Finless Bob's SD card ROM file and launching it in the UG. A friend in another State uses it now for YouTube and XBMC. He loves the UG802.

I use a iMito MX1 for over six months now (that I bought from Geekbuying). It worked out of the box, wifi and all, just like the UG802 did (except I had to run a ROM in the UG). I plan to buy the iMito QX1, once the ROM is more perfected and I plan to buy the QX1 from Geekbuying, simply because they extend services & support futher than does In4Dealz. Both sellers avoid knockoffs. Like it or not My iMito MX1 is of excellent quality build, better than the UG802.

Buy any device direct from China and you are taking some risk. Simply because the Chinese factories do not have a North American presence. Any manufactoring defects will cost you as the two way postage is steep. Buying Chinese products is not for the casual shopper. This is the cutting edge. Its not for everyone. If you want a Walmart-like deal you will have to wait a few years and be prepared to pay a lot more money.

Amazon and YouTube are the two main sources for cheap knockoffs. Buy anything direct from China off Amazon or ****, make sure you know the seller's reputation!
                            Last edited by Bruisedquasar012; 06-25-2013, 20:09.

Comment

My theory is the mx-1 that I have was one of the first ones to come out which had inadequate cooling which would explain the constant freezing and maybe also the reason for the usb sleeves to come loose(weakened solder from the heat). Still doesn't explain the cheap ass cables and power supply failure though.

Comment

Working...
                              X