Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MX2 Newbie here, want to flash with 1.7a BUT……

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MX2 Newbie here, want to flash with 1.7a BUT……

Oh, my tale of woe. I’ve had my MX2 for six months and everything was working fine(Internet, Wi-Fi, movies, etc). Then I wanted to root and flash Finless 1.7a because of the good comments here. I went to download Titanium Backup, but was unable to due to some password problem. I decided to just go ahead reset the MX2 to factory specs and then flash1.7a.

Downloaded 1.7a to my PC (Win 7, usb 2.0), printed the instructions, removed the MX2 from my TV and attached to my PC via usb cable using the OTG usb port (and I did try the rear usb port).

Several attempts to run the ROM Flash Tool (on different PC’s, xp & win 7) always came back with “No found RKAndroid rock usb”. Transferring the MX2 back to the TV, it booted and I checked the settings per instructions. Tried four or five times to no avail.

What am I doing wrong? What must I do to complete the task?

HELP!!!!

Tazer98

Originally posted by Tazer98 View Post
    Oh, my tale of woe. I’ve had my MX2 for six months and everything was working fine(Internet, Wi-Fi, movies, etc). Then I wanted to root and flash Finless 1.7a because of the good comments here. I went to download Titanium Backup, but was unable to due to some password problem. I decided to just go ahead reset the MX2 to factory specs and then flash1.7a.

Downloaded 1.7a to my PC (Win 7, usb 2.0), printed the instructions, removed the MX2 from my TV and attached to my PC via usb cable using the OTG usb port (and I did try the rear usb port).

Several attempts to run the ROM Flash Tool (on different PC’s, xp & win 7) always came back with “No found RKAndroid rock usb”. Transferring the MX2 back to the TV, it booted and I checked the settings per instructions. Tried four or five times to no avail.

What am I doing wrong? What must I do to complete the task?

HELP!!!!

Tazer98
    hi,

it seems you are not entering the flash mode correctly.
    i am sorry but i don't know exactly what a MX2 looks like but more or less it should be almost similar
    to other devices.
    with that, please try the following:
    - Assuming your device is connected on your TV via HDMI, connect the microUSB to your OTG port
    (not on the rear one) and connect the other end (USB) to your PC. after doing this, your device
    will boot normally.
    Go to Settings -> USB connection -> Put a check on the checkbox of Connect to PC.
    Assuming the you had already installed the proper drivers, your PC should detect your device.
    You can now start or follow the procedure written in the readme.
    - If, after doing the steps above and still you cannot enter flash mode, disconnect the USB on the PC
    and locate the small hole on the side of your device.
    After finding the hole, use a paper clip (or something which can penetrate inside the hole) to push
    and hold the button inside it.
    While still pushing the button, connect the USB to your PC.
    In this stage, the screen on your TV should be black (Flash mode) and you can remove the paper clip.
    If everything's OK, your PC will detect your device in Flash mode.
    You may now read again the readme file to continue flashing...
    - If still your PC can't detect your device, check the drivers installed on your PC.
    The correct drivers is included in the ROM (zip file) that you downloaded...

Goodluck!

Comment

Thanks alot g.b.a.! You helped me flash the 1.7a. I was going thru the settings trying to get my network setup, bluetooth, wi-fi, etc. I entered the wrong homegroup password so I didn't get internet connection. Removed my laptop and set everything up as before.

Went to startup but after the "flashing" finless page when it normally goes to the launcher page, the two launcher icons were inaccessible, a lock icon (in locked position) appeared and I was not able to continue any further.

It also said "charging....50%". Don't know what that means. Do you know where I can read about these issues? I really hate to ask so many questions that seem minor, but being new to this, it is major for me.

Thanks again,

Tazer98

Comment

lockscreen!

Originally posted by Tazer98 View Post
        Thanks alot g.b.a.! You helped me flash the 1.7a. I was going thru the settings trying to get my network setup, bluetooth, wi-fi, etc. I entered the wrong homegroup password so I didn't get internet connection. Removed my laptop and set everything up as before.

Went to startup but after the "flashing" finless page when it normally goes to the launcher page, the two launcher icons were inaccessible, a lock icon (in locked position) appeared and I was not able to continue any further.

It also said "charging....50%". Don't know what that means. Do you know where I can read about these issues? I really hate to ask so many questions that seem minor, but being new to this, it is major for me.

Thanks again,

Tazer98
        it seems your in the lockscreen...
        if you are familiar with android, it is the same lockscreen normally found in some android devices...

when you see the clock and beside it is a lock icon, just click and hold the lock icon then drag it
        to the right to unlock the lockscreen.
        after unlocking the lockscreen and you decided to remove it, go to Settings -> Security ->
        Screen lock. From there you may choose "None" to remove the locksreen.

enjoy!

Comment

Working...
        X