Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imito MX2 freezing when hookung up to TV

Hi,

I've just got my Imito MX2 from Craiglists & after connecting into my TV, it freezes with a logo Finless ROM & flashing red lights. I tried to disconnect & re-connect it again to TV & I had the same issue,

Please help me!
    Thanks so much & I'd very appreciate any inputs.

PS: Below is the screenshot of what I get after connecting my Imito MX2 into TV!
    Ed
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20130908_081227.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	212.3 KB
ID:	438599

If the lights are actually flashing, then let it be as that is the boot screen for the rooted ROM by finless bob. It can take a bit to boot and sounds like you are just not waiting. If the lights are frozen instead of flashing, then you may have a problem, but as long as they are flashing, it's a good chance everything is fine, just wait.

Comment

Hi Jbardi.

Thanks so much for your reply. Tonight, I connected my Imito MX2 into TV again & this time, I waited for almost 01 hour (just connecting the mini PC & re-visited my TV every 15 mins). The result is the same as I got last weekend: lights (05) keep flashing.

Honestly I don't know what I should do for my Imito MX2 while I cannot access to the menu.

Thanks
      Ed
      Last edited by edwardjd; 09-10-2013, 08:35.

Comment

Well, your only option is to flash a new ROM, either stock or 3rd party. I suggest you try Finless Bob's v1.7a or v2.0 ROM. You bought used, so there is no telling if there is any hardware damage. Sounds like the person you bought it from locked it up and also didn't know how to fix it so they sold it to you. Word of advice, NEVER buy a used android TV stick, PERIOD! They are inexpensive enough so always buy new.

Here are the threads to download finless ROMs. Install instructions are included in the ZIP downloads.

V1.7a

V2.0

If you want Netflix without patching things, go with 1.7a rom rather than 2.0. For your purposes 1.7a at 720P is your best bet.

Comment

Thanks so much Jpardy,

I'll try to flash it this weekend. Hope it works!

Ed

Comment

Flashing fail!

Hi Jbardi,

I tried to flash my imito mx2 today with the latest firmware for imito mx2, but it failed & below is the screenshot. Honestly I don't know if I did something wrong while flashing or my imito mx2 completely failed.Click image for larger version

Name:	Flashing.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	430770

Thanks

Comment

Did you click the Upgrade or Restore button? You have to use the Upgrade button always as the Restore won't work. If you can't update with the stock .img then try flashing the finless rom v2.0, which has a separate .img file for each partition so you have to use the flashing tool finless includes.

The finless roms are based on the latest stock rom and are pre-rooted so there is no reason to use stock roms anyway. Just download Finless v2.0 if you want jellybean 4.2.2 and read the included instructions. I advise you wipe the NAND before flashing.

You obviously already have the drivers installed on your windows machine, so you can skip to the bottom of the install instructions if you like, but I would read through the whole thing as there is info pertaining to using different NAND storage sizes in case you want more of the space to be used for apps as opposed to media, etc, but otherwise you can just follow the steps at the bottom of the install document as it is fairly straight forward.

You could also see if the original owner installed Clockworkmod recovery. Unplug the iMito from power and make sure it is NOT plugged into the computer via usb, then hold a paperclip in the rest hole and plug it in while still pressing the reset button for about 5 seconds (yes, I know it is awkward to do) then wait and see if it boots into cwm recovery. if it does, you can use any iMito cwm image and restore that. If it is not installed currently, forget trying to flash a new rom and instead try installing just the cwm recovery.img onto the recovery partition using the flash tool supplied by finless. Wipe the nand with the flash tool, then uncheck all the check boxes next to the other partition .img files and only leave the checkbox next to recovery and then browse for the recovery.img file from the cwm zip file located here:

If you can get the cwm recovery.img to flash and boot into clockworkmod, I will upload a cwm rom of finless 1.7a or v2.0, which ever you want, so you can download it and restore your iMito from that.
              Last edited by Jbardi; 09-16-2013, 11:09.

Comment

Working...
              X