Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't flash to other ROMs after installing 4.2.2 rom from RIKOMAGIC

Hey all,

I have an imito mx2, and installed the 4.2.2 ROM from Rikomagic on it a while ago; however, I can't flash the device to any other ROMs, either Finless ones or the stock ROMs found in the Geekbuying blog.

I tried at least 7-8 different ROMs with no luck. The only ROM that I can still install on my imito mx2 is the 4.2.2 by Rikomagic.

Any idea why this happens?

Sorry to hear about your trouble.

Which tool are you using? What is the error output or failure message? What system are you using when attempting the flash? (win/mac/linux)

The answers to that will help discover the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
      Sorry to hear about your trouble.

Which tool are you using? What is the error output or failure message? What system are you using when attempting the flash? (win/mac/linux)

The answers to that will help discover the issue.
      I used different versions of the Rockchip Batch tool (1.5 to 1.7) as well as Rob's own tool for flashing his ROMs. I tried it on both Win XP and Win 7 with no luck.

The thing often stops at "checking download" step.

Comment

Try using Bob's tool again, this time erase IDB before flashing and go back to the Rockchip batch tool and flash an image using the restore function.

I've been stuck at that check phase before and I remember having to do this to attain a successful flash. Doublecheck that you're using the OTG port, and set the device into flash mode using the pin method for a clean start before flash attempt.

Comment

Try using Bob's tool again, this time erase IDB before flashing and go back to the Rockchip batch tool and flash an image using the restore function.

I've been stuck at that check phase before and I remember having to do this to attain a successful flash. Doublecheck that you're using the OTG port, and set the device into flash mode using the pin method for a clean start before flash attempt.
          I just tried this, but no luck again.

I erased NAND using ROB's tool, and tried flashing two stock ROMs for imito mx2 (Feb 2013 & Nov 2012) using Rockchip tool, but each of them again stop at "Checking Firmware" step, one at around 3% and the other around 52%...

Funny thing is that the 4.2.2 ROM from Rikomagic still flashes on the device without any problem!

Comment

...oh man that's just plain weird. Try a different cable and port if you haven't already.

Running out of ideas. How bad do you want off that rom? You can flash CWM and then flash a rom from there if you're at your wit's end. . . .

Comment

...oh man that's just plain weird. Try a different cable and port if you haven't already.

Running out of ideas. How bad do you want off that rom? You can flash CWM and then flash a rom from there if you're at your wit's end. . . .
              I'll try another cable if I find one.

What is this second, CWM, method? Is there any link I can read more about it?

The only annoying thing about this Rikomagic ROM is that the Youtube and Google Play widgets are kinda enlarged... not like the compact type I used to have on the stock ROM or currently on my Nexus 7...

Comment

I'm late

Originally posted by venomo36 View Post
                I'll try another cable if I find one.

What is this second, CWM, method? Is there any link I can read more about it?

The only annoying thing about this Rikomagic ROM is that the Youtube and Google Play widgets are kinda enlarged... not like the compact type I used to have on the stock ROM or currently on my Nexus 7...
                Hi, have you finally made it?

Comment

Working...
                X