Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newest Full Function all-in-one Mini PC Measy U2C First launch by Geekbuying.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newest Full Function all-in-one Mini PC Measy U2C First launch by Geekbuying.com

Hi Guys:
    Today we will introduce you a real all in one mini pc , model is Measy U2C, Geekbuying will be the only official seller for this model in the market.This Measy U2C have most of the function you guys need, Build in Webcam/Mic,Bluetooth, physical power on/off button,reset button, AV Port, two micro usb port, one usb 2.0 port, have soft power on/off function, hide status tool bar function, support cell phone control app. lol, it seems it is really all in one.
    Anyway, let’s check this Measy U2C first:

Specification:

Disassembled Photo:

It still use the MTK 2 in 1 wifi/bluetooth module. same as imito mx1/mx2, can reach 150MBS wifi speed.

So above is the basic review for the tv box, now let’s check the system:
    1 Menu: you can do the volum control on the menu ,and it has status tool bar hide function, and also it has soft power off function;

It also have the TV launcher, you can switch the launcher by yourself:

2 WIFI: It use the MTK 2 in 1 wifi/bluetooth module, can reach 150MBS speed, the below photo is the screenshot for wifi, the router has 3 meters with measy u2c, also have the wall between the router and measy u2c;

3 Other settings:
    4 Display setting, it is not the same as other tv box, except the hdmi mode setting,it also add the tv mode setting,you can choose your tv model between PAL and NTSC. Now it is still scaled up to 1080p from 720p, but we will work with our developer and try to release the real 1080P firmware later.

5 Google Play Store Pre-installed
    6 Google Voice Search working with the built in Mic
    7 Youtube working great, some customer don’t know how to set full screen in the lastest youtube app, you can try the old version v3.5.5 to make the full screen function back;

8 Web browser, Geekbuying has released the tablet/cell phone version, remember our domain: M.geekbuying.com

This Measy U2C also support skype video chat, will take the screenshot later.

We also test the 1TB external hard driver, also working.
    and we also test the following XBMC version, also working!
    http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...port-xbmc-now/

Shopping link for measy u2c:
    http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Measy-U2C-TV-Dongle-TV-BOX-RK3066-Dual-Core-1G-8G-Built-in-2-0MP-Camera—Mic-with-BT-AV-Output-White-314220.html

More information about root and firmware upgrade, please check here:
    http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...box/measy-u2c/
    Looking for developers
    http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Two initial questions.

1. Is the camera fixed, or can you (easily) rotate it so that the device can be mounted in any direction.

2. On Geekbuying's site it lists what is in the box. A power supply is not on that list. Is a power supply included?

Comment

good question.

1 about the camera, Measy will release a good stand for it, see the below photo:

so you can easily rotate it, and make it in any direction.

2 yes, there is no power adapter on box, it just like the rikomagic mk802 iii or mk802 iiis, you can directly power it with your TV'S USB port, if you have problem for that, you can buy a usb charger in our site also.

thanks

Originally posted by Old Man View Post
      Two initial questions.

1. Is the camera fixed, or can you (easily) rotate it so that the device can be mounted in any direction.

2. On Geekbuying's site it lists what is in the box. A power supply is not on that list. Is a power supply included?
      Looking for developers
      http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

The most important thing, does this device have actual full 1080p output?

I know that by default rk3066 only has 720p.

Most of the devices with rk3066 need custom kernels.

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
          good question.

1 about the camera, Measy will release a good stand for it, see the below photo:

so you can easily rotate it, and make it in any direction.

2 yes, there is no power adapter on box, it just like the rikomagic mk802 iii or mk802 iiis, you can directly power it with your TV'S USB port, if you have problem for that, you can buy a usb charger in our site also.

thanks
          Hi there,

Is this stand in stock now? It looks good with Measy U2C, I think.

Anyway, I can see two USB ports, one HDMI port, one power switch, one mini USB port. So what is the port on the far right from the picture? Is it the AV port?

Anyway, have you set a price range for this stand?

Thanks,

Comment

That will be DCV input (power)

Comment

my dealer has the stand for 14.99usd.
              so it should be in that range,
              and yes,there is a av cable for it,
              listed for 6.80usd.
              thinking this may be my next one,

Comment

Originally posted by BLG View Post
                my dealer has the stand for 14.99usd.
                so it should be in that range,
                and yes,there is a av cable for it,
                listed for 6.80usd.
                thinking this may be my next one,
                That sounds cool.
                Anyway, what about av port? Does the stand have an av port?

Thanks,

Comment

the av out is on the stick itself,
                  not one on the dock that i can see,
                  not sure i like the white though,all my stuff is black,with blue led,
                  would have to hide it

Comment

AV out cable

Just an FYI, Measy wired the AV cable differently than a standard Camcorder cable.
                    So you cannot just go buy a cable from any store. I was unable to find one in a store with the Measy jack ring assignments. Also an Apple iPod shuffle AV cable is different as well.

However I was able to figure out the jack ring assignments and make an adapter cable.

Here is the difference.

I went to an electronics store and bought a male and female 4 ring jack set. I then just rewired the male to the female and crossed the pins over. Works like a champ!

Bob
                    Attached Files
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

thanks for the info bob,
                      i have a few of those cables from camcorders and a portable dvd player,and one from an old crappy media player,
                      changing some wires around will work,

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post

Bob
                        That's a great explanation, Bob.

At first, I thought my Measy U2C-like stick, which is a clone, had a faulty av port. No standard av cable ever worked.

Then I swapped the red jack (audio) and the yellow jack (video), i.e., plugged the red jack into the yellow (video) port on my TV, and the yellow jack into the red (audio) port, and the white one stayed as it is. Voila, it works.

The standard av cable costs between one and two dollars in my place. What about the price Measy offers? Ah $4.99

So, a tricky change with no advances costs $4 more !!!

Comment

Well I tried that myself with my Camcorder cable. I saw posts about doing this with Apple Ipod, etc. e.g. swapping video and audio around. Alas that did not work for me with my camcorder cable.

Not sure what cable you have but the problem is ground! If ground is the same (first ring) then yes swapping output wires will work (e.g. video with audio red for instance). However if ground is not on the first ring, then no amount of swapping will work. Your cable must be something even different than the one listed below.

So the point is, not all cables are wired the same!

Later I found this information showing 4 different wired cables:

Bob
                          Attached Files
                          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

How is the wifi performance on this stick, I have a Rikomagic MK802IIIs stick, and the internal wifi performances are very poor, and when BT is on Wifi lose connection repeatedly, so I was considering to buy measy U2c with his stand or kimdecent B13 which has an external wifi antenna

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by apache View Post
                              That's a great explanation, Bob.

At first, I thought my Measy U2C-like stick, which is a clone, had a faulty av port. No standard av cable ever worked.

Then I swapped the red jack (audio) and the yellow jack (video), i.e., plugged the red jack into the yellow (video) port on my TV, and the yellow jack into the red (audio) port, and the white one stayed as it is. Voila, it works.

The standard av cable costs between one and two dollars in my place. What about the price Measy offers? Ah $4.99

So, a tricky change with no advances costs $4 more !!!
                              Actually I have the original cable from Geekbuy, but I must do the Yellow/red jack swap and I have a lot of noise (static) on the screen! Somebody here has my same problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X