No announcement yet.

Measy U2C Finless ROM 1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I get some time today, I will test a external web cam with this device.

Understand though that not all web cams work even on other TV stocks without built in web cam.
    I have a C110 that works great. I have a generic "Face Vision" that wont work.

See this thread for reported compatibility with my other TV stick ROMs.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

thanks much for your response. The Logitech C100 webcam is at most $20 dollars

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      If I get some time today, I will test a external web cam with this device.

Understand though that not all web cams work even on other TV stocks without built in web cam.
      I have a C110 that works great. I have a generic "Face Vision" that wont work.

See this thread for reported compatibility with my other TV stick ROMs.

Bob
      Looks like the Logitech C310 has a chance of working too, this is great. Will report back on my attempts to use a generic-ish **** USB "endoscope camera" with the Finless ROM on a Rockchip.

Comment

do you know if is there a build.prop settings or a modded camera.apk to rotate the camera so I don't need the adapter? Mi Measy is insterted in vertical , so I need to rotate the camera of 90° CCW :-(((
        Thank you!

Comment

OUCH blackmart (that I use to sideload) resets the MEasy as soon as you click it :-(((

Comment

and

Sorry...

Comment

Who cares, I love you anyway! :-D Even with the out-of-style opening anim! ;-)
              It remembers me VideoGirl Ai and Other '90s mangas :-D
              I'll whait for 1.5 or, if you hace, can you publish a CWM flashable of the stock one to test if those apps (even Teamviewer...) works on it?
              Mayve it's a general problem.
              And, anyhow, I would be grateful if you can rotate the camera by software in any way :-D
              Thaaaaaaaank you

Comment

There is no way to rotate the camera that I am aware of.

I will see what I can find but I kind of doubt it is possible.

Bob

Comment

I tried several parameters on build.prop like ro.camera.rotate=90 or ro.camera.rotate=horizontal but nothing to do.
                  I'm afraid that is something that must be done in the camera.apk, like someone (don't remember) did for front camera flipping.
                  Someone even modded skype.apk for the same reason of front camera flipping, but I'm not able to mod an apk, I just can barely add or remove strings from build.prop :-(

Comment

Yes camera rotation is not a system property that I am aware of. APPs control this.

Let me see if there is a set.prop for this but I doubt it.

Bob

Comment

couldn't wait... just flashed my measy u2c with your finless 1.4!

work great ^^

I had to use the 2nd alternative method to go to flash mode (old RKBatchTool).

I selected parameter2gb~ (rkbatchtool just need to refresh/reload the device with the new parameter.. dont be afraid ^^ )

just a general question, can we use hdmi outpout for video and av-out (rca) for audio simultaneously?

hope to see the finless 1.5 soon with the fix and library for xbmc

bootscreen (loading seems faster than the original rom?):
                      Last edited by bitneak; 03-15-2013, 02:49.

Comment

WIFI OUT

Hello,

Thanks for the work on this ROM.
                        As I have seen people installing it, and with good results on the Kimdecent B12, I thought of doing the same.
                        I have the B12 version with the exterior antenna, in the firmware there was mention to B13. After the Finless 1.4 installed I couldn’t get to turn on the wifi. Even to make the mouse work I needed to remove it from the USB port and plug it in again. And now I don't even have the stock firmware. I have tried the firmware for the B12 that Kimdecent has in their site. But the results were the same.

I believe that this has something to do with this exterior antenna version. Maybe it's a different firmware.

Can someone help me on this?

Thanks,
                        All the best.

Sérgio

Comment

Welcome to the world of China an MANY MANY clones called X,Y, and Z....

Without a stock ROM, I cannot help you. You have different hardware and we need the kernel made for your device!

Sorry....

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by soliveira View Post
                            Hello,

Thanks for the work on this ROM.
                            As I have seen people installing it, and with good results on the Kimdecent B12, I thought of doing the same.
                            I have the B12 version with the exterior antenna, in the firmware there was mention to B13. After the Finless 1.4 installed I couldn’t get to turn on the wifi. Even to make the mouse work I needed to remove it from the USB port and plug it in again. And now I don't even have the stock firmware. I have tried the firmware for the B12 that Kimdecent has in their site. But the results were the same.

I believe that this has something to do with this exterior antenna version. Maybe it's a different firmware.

Can someone help me on this?

Thanks,
                            All the best.

Sérgio

need registration

Comment

Problem solved

Well Russian is not my strong, but from the translation nothing new.
                              But I solved the problem with this Rom, that is in fact the B13 stock rom.

But still is unrooted. Maybe will get a finless rom for it one day.
                              Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Firmware not found

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                                Welcome to the world of China an MANY MANY clones called X,Y, and Z....

Without a stock ROM, I cannot help you. You have different hardware and we need the kernel made for your device!

Sorry....

Bob
                                I have the measy UC2 from geekbuying so I believe it to be a genuine device although the 1.4 ROM upgrade does not load into the RKBatch Tool. Firstly I flashed the device to the update image from a folder named GEEKBUYING_U2C_EN_V411_130227 that was downloaded from geekbuying and that seems to boot okay. So I tried for the 1.4 ROM but image files do not load to the batch tool. There are 5 image files in the Finles ROM folder and it seemed obvious to try the one named System first. Then I tried the other 4, boot, kernel, misc, recovery and each attempt generated an error message that the firmware could not be loaded. Any idea what the problem might be?

Any way knowing how busy you have been creating this ROM I feel a bit pedantic pointing out this next issue. Bluetooth pairing is not automatic, unless I have missed a setting, even after the first detection of a device when the pass key has already been entered and recognised. When I boot to android it does not connect to my bluetooth keyboard. I would not mind but my wired keyboard suddenly stopped working and I cannot select a launcher to go into settings and re pair the bluetooth navigation device. So I am now left staring at a choice of two launchers with no way into the android main menu. Is there a setting so after bluetooth devices have been detected they automatically re pair after a reboot? Anyway I need a new wired keyboard or mouse and its not a huge inconvenience to re pair bluetooth devices on every reboot except for when a wired keyboard or mouse suddenly stops working.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X