NEW - CX803/FX5 Finless Custom ROM 1.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by handroid View Post
    I can confirm. It's a 1.6. I have a working device here, but I don't know how to create a rom dump or cwm recovery. What's the (best) way to do this? I will of course send you file once I have figured it out.
    Im dropboxxing for you the cwm recovery for cx803

you need to flash this image to the recovery section of the working device and reboot to recovery mode
    flash it using ROM Flash Tool provited to all finless images BUT choose to flash only the recovery section and nothing else.
    after successfull flashing you must reboot to recovery and choose backup/restore from he provided menu
    backup your original firmware will create a folder on the internal sd that will look like cwm backups/{dateofthebackup}.
    after backup is finished reboot in normal mode take the folder created and transfer it to the cx803 machine with the problem.
    Flash it also with the cwm recovery image and reboot on recovery using the reboot apk provided in finless rom.This time on backup/recover menu choose restore and navigate to the folder you have places the original backp
    if you have not choose to reformat the your nand durring finless install, backup will be restored and device will be a exact clone as the original one so success
    if you have choosed to change the default setting of your nand format durring finless install ,the please reflash with default setting finless rom before your start abone steps
    let me know
    regards

Comment

Great success!! I can't thank you enough.

I'm currently uploading the backup file. Will post the link asap

Comment

Great success!! I can't thank you enough.

I'm currently uploading the backup file. Will post the link asap
        glad to assist you thats why those kind of forums exist

Comment

Here is the link to the backup:

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Comment

Talking about backups. The Finless Flashtool has the option to add a backup.img But how do you create this backup.img?

Comment

Talking about backups. The Finless Flashtool has the option to add a backup.img But how do you create this backup.img?
              I think that the tools means you can backup your existance image to be flashed with rock tools at later stages

Comment

We have never figured out how to use backup.img. RK29 ROMs most the time backup was flashed with the full update.img image. But how you use it other than dump it, we never figured out.

So you cannot backup using this.

However.... I just figured out a way to backup userdata and then flash it as part of a ROM so on boot, your right back to what you had! When I get some time I will tell everyone how to do it.

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  We have never figured out how to use backup.img. RK29 ROMs most the time backup was flashed with the full update.img image. But how you use it other than dump it, we never figured out.

So you cannot backup using this.

However.... I just figured out a way to backup userdata and then flash it as part of a ROM so on boot, your right back to what you had! When I get some time I will tell everyone how to do it.

Bob
                  bob can you check the kernel differences from the cwm backup to figure out whats the problem with the no audio is for devices with 1.6 board and abone .Now we have a working backup to work with

Comment

What exactly is the issue with 1.6 board and above?

Did you try the kernel from one of these 1.6 boards and use it to flash my ROM?

In other words I assume there is a ROM that works properly for 1.6 boards and above? But when you flash another ROM like mine, it does not work? If so take the kernel out of the ROM that works and use it with my ROM. Does it work then?

If not this might be hard to troubleshoot without having as 1.6 board.

Bob
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                      What exactly is the issue with 1.6 board and above?

Did you try the kernel from one of these 1.6 boards and use it to flash my ROM?

In other words I assume there is a ROM that works properly for 1.6 boards and above? But when you flash another ROM like mine, it does not work? If so take the kernel out of the ROM that works and use it with my ROM. Does it work then?

If not this might be hard to troubleshoot without having as 1.6 board.

Bob
                      Well Until now there was no kernel to try to flash with your rom
                      The problem is that when you flash ANY rom made for version 1.2 or 1.3 cx803 to a 1.6 board audio is not working and some application like xbmc crashes.
                      Funny think is thats i dont bellieve that is kernel related as is maybe i/o problem cause kernel drivers are exacly the same.Even if you flash a rom from a diferent model (like mk 801) audio was working. Guess i can take the kernel from the cw backup and try to flash it with your ram to see
                      il be back to you shortly

Comment

Originally posted by djthomasd View Post
                        Well Until now there was no kernel to try to flash with your rom
                        The problem is that when you flash ANY rom made for version 1.2 or 1.3 cx803 to a 1.6 board audio is not working and some application like xbmc crashes.
                        Funny think is thats i dont bellieve that is kernel related as is maybe i/o problem cause kernel drivers are exacly the same.Even if you flash a rom from a diferent model (like mk 801) audio was working. Guess i can take the kernel from the cw backup and try to flash it with your ram to see
                        il be back to you shortly
                        I hope you guys can figure this out. I just bought my brand new ipazzport and flashed the rom (I wanted better support video/audio wise, as well as native gamepad drivers). Only now I have a semi-functional device that I can either choose no wifi but sound, or sound but no wifi (making it useless either way as an HTPC). Just wanted to let you guys know there are others rooting for you!

Comment

Hello
                          please tell me whether it is possible to add software support for hotspot? I have internet via a USB modem, and I want to broadcast it over WiFi?

applications from Google PlayMarket unfortunately do not work. Thank.

Comment

I got it working with this rom:

Only problem is, gamepads still don't work, and as this is stock, it probably will result in some playback issues in video still... but at least I have wifi and sound for now...

Comment

possible fix

hi folks, had the same problem with a CX803 with working wifi but no sound nor XBMC. Tried stock rom and finless with the same result...

After fiddling around a while I tried following:
                              1. downloaded handroid's cwm backup (see link below)
                              2. extracted his kernel.img
                              3. replaced it with the one in finless 1.7
                              4. connected device to pc
                              5. loaded rom flash tool within finless 1.7
                              6. flash rom

Now I got finless rom with proper wifi, sound and xbmc running without any problems. BTW, the kernel is dated from april 9th, so must be newer than the stock or finless ones.

Hope that helps

enjoy,
                              tobala

Comment

Originally posted by tobala View Post
                                hi folks, had the same problem with a CX803 with working wifi but no sound nor XBMC. Tried stock rom and finless with the same result...

After fiddling around a while I tried following:
                                1. downloaded handroid's cwm backup (see link below)
                                2. extracted his kernel.img
                                3. replaced it with the one in finless 1.7
                                4. connected device to pc
                                5. loaded rom flash tool within finless 1.7
                                6. flash rom
                                Now I got finless rom with proper wifi, sound and xbmc running without any problems. BTW, the kernel is dated from april 9th, so must be newer than the stock or finless ones.

Hope that helps

enjoy,
                                tobala

Awesome! Could you possibly just upload the .img of your current setup? Maybe help us noobs stray from bricking?

Comment

Working...
                                X