NEW- Measy U2C/B12 Finless ROM 1.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diomorgan View Post
    I have the official cable sent with Measy U2C, but I mustto theyellow/red swap and even if I can see and ear there is a lot of noise (static) on the screen.Everything is ok with HDMI, great ROM, but I bought Measy mostly for AV out to use old TV.Could it be a ROM problem?
    I had the same problem, solved by accident,
    just don't push the cable plug totally into the AV port, and the picture will show.
    If it doesn't work from the first time, try changing the position of the plug inside the port.

Comment

I noticed that when the Ethernet is connected the wifi hotspot can't start.
      I need this to share the connection to other devices.

Comment

Originally posted by freesailor View Post
        I had the same problem, solved by accident,
        just don't push the cable plug totally into the AV port, and the picture will show.
        If it doesn't work from the first time, try changing the position of the plug inside the port.
        I'll try! Thank you! :-D
        Still no way to rate the camera? My Measy is not plugged horizontal but vertical... :-(
        Last edited by diomorgan; 04-10-2013, 01:28.

Comment

Temp Unroot Measy UC2 with this firmware

I also have a UC2 but with these specs:

-1.8 GHz Dual Core processor: Rockchip RK3066 ARM Cortex A9
          -Quad Core Video processor: ARM Mali 400 GPU
          -1GB RAM DDR3
          -4GB NAND Flash
          -Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
          -Micro SD
          -WiFi 802.11 B/G/N
          -USB 2.0
          -Micro USB
          -HDMI connector
          -Dimensions 98,3 x 38,5 x 11mm

Will the 1.7 firmware works on this one?
          And is it possible to temp unroot with superuser? I need that for Ziggo app (dutch TV)
          With the current firmware 1080P works fine, will this than also work with the 1.7 firmware?

Paul
          Last edited by xpaulus; 04-10-2013, 09:13.

Comment

Need some help.

I flashed my Measy U2A with Finless 1.7 ROM. I got no errors during flash. When it was finished, i saw the boot animation and then on my Philips 47PFL6007 message appeard "Your HDMI cable could be defective, use cable shorter than 5m. Unsupported video format". Strange because it is about 10cm long. I disconnected it, and plug my measy directly to hdmi port, and than I saw Finless`s boot screen for about 30 min. "It`s stuck" i thought. I rebooted it, and the situation was the same.

Tried to connect measy to PC, Windows found new device "Android", but not rk3066, so PC flash tool shows "No found RKAndroid rock usb" status...

Guys, how to fix it?
            Last edited by extremedmg; 04-11-2013, 17:28.

Comment

Blocked Storage unavailable ????

So, i did trying but the Fineless Rom Flash Tool return i don't have "storage"...
              I did all you said but i'm sticked...
              If i wanna looking the storage, in settings, i have to disabling USB Connection... so the Tool kit refuse me to update...
              Please help MEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              Hey folks. Sorry for the 1 month EXACTLY delay in getting you guys my 1.7 ROM. Super busy keeping up with stuff!

This is for the Measy U2c or the B12.
              I understand it also works on a Imito MX2 Version 2 with camera.

Anyway I have now ported my usual 1.7 ROM to your device. Lots of cool stuff, speed, etc. I think you folks will love it!

Features in my Measy / B12 / Imito V2 ROM:

This is an entirely new system. This is not much from the original Measy/B12 ROM in this as fas as system goes.
              Many features from my 1.6 ROM are of course in this along with new features.

BE SURE to check out the mouse wheel ZOOM function to enable google earth etc to zoom!!!!
              Set it by going into settings>accessability> and turn on mouse zoom!

1) New "auto hide" status bar! To enable this go into settings>Display and turn it on.
              Now anytime you run an APP it will automatically hide the status bar. Please note, some badly written APPs
              can leave you in a stuck condition that you cannot exit the APP. You will need you keyoard exit key.

2) While you in settings>display there is another feature to force the settings menu icon in the status bar.
              It is 3 dots vertically. NOw anytime you in a APP that has a settings capability, if you click that you get settings!

3) Lock screen is back friends! Now is settings>security you can
              A) Disable the lock screen completely (default is slide)
              b) Setup a pattern for lock screen
              c) Setup a PIN for lock screen
              d) Setup a password for lock screen

4) Sleep is back like a tablet!!!! Go into settings>display and you can turn on sleep!
              Now understand how this works
              a) If there is no wifi or ethernet connection, when it goes to sleep will power off.
              b) If there is a connection, it will simple go into low power mode and turn the display off. Moving the mouse turns it back on again

5) I enabled location services. This is now in the settings menu. Tested and working with all APPs that use it.
              remember to turn off GPS as we have no GPS.

6) New "grid" style launcher available as a choice of launcehrs.
              Some people still want the Alternate launcher that comes with many TV sticks for EZ TV use.
              I took this from the Neo X5 ROM as I liked it better than previous versions. This of course comes with the RK settings as well.
              If you want to remove this just use ES File explorer and delete these files from /system/app
              LauncherNEW.apk
              AllApp.apk
              RKSettings.apk
              RKBasicsettings.apk
              Now just reboot and all this will be gone.

7) Gameloft fix. This fixes Gameloft games from crashing to the desktop.
              Many of them do not run and crash to the desktop. This is due to a license check based on the device.
              Special thanks to Christian Troy for inventing this fix. I modded it for this ROM.

8) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
              I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
              YOur device will show up in google play as NOT a B12 device! Understand this please.
              I also left the original buiild.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
              If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
              Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
              Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
              Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a Minis Nexo X5.

9) Rockchip just released a updated libstagefright.so to try and fix HW decoding issues in XBMC.
              Ihadd added this ot the ROM but have not fully tested it yet.
              See info here regarding this new library.

10) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!

11) RK Mirrioring is enabled. I have yet to figure it out or how to use it but if we ever do, its there.
              I think we need a client on our tablets to use it. Hopefully more info will come from WiMo about this.

12) Remote Control using RK Remote APP is now fully supported!
              In the ROM kit is a RKRemoteControl.apk.
              You install this on your phone or tablet and now it can remotly control your TV player!
              Just put the APK on sdcard or something and install it on your Android phone, tablet, etc.
              ENJOY this one! I had a HARD TIME getting it to work!

13) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).

14) As always I added the Xbox XPAD.KO module is now injected on boot. This was by request! Enjoy!

15) I added Xbox360 keylayout to fix some games and camera spin with xbox 360 controller. Per this post here:
              Video that demonstrates the setup, show an example of the problem, the steps to solve the problem, and the working solution!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9czISrLGXNI&hd=1 So first lets just talk about the Hardware Setup. Xbox 360...

16) TUN.ko module is also added by request. (CIFS and MD4 are already in the latest kernel).
              Be aware if you use another kernel other than whats in this ROM, you may have to manually insmod CIFS and MD4.
              The files are in /system/lib/modules

This ROM has several options for you to choose from for flashing so please read carefully how to change these flash options.
              I have provided 4 parameter files. These will increase APP space and decrease internal sdcard space.
              1GB APP space (this is default setting for the flash tool).
              2GB APP space.
              4GB APP space.
              6GB APP space! This is the max! This leave only 400MB of space for the internal SDcard.

NOTE:

USB OTG port boot up:
              Anytime the Measy/B12 is booted AND the OTG port is plugged into a PC, it will boot with USB storage turned on! What this means is on boot up you will not be able to see the internal SDcard or the External SDcard from within Android. On your PC you see the removable drives because on boot they are mounted to the PC not Android. Now you can this OFF once booted. Go into settings and USB. You will see PC connection is grayed out.
              1) Click it and it will then put the check box in "conneted". Odd it is OFF by defualt even though it is really connected to the PC.
              2) Now turn it off and it will unmount the SDcards from your PC and you can now see them in Android.
              HOWEVER... Realize next reboot, it will be on again.
              In my opinion this should not work this way but at least you can turn it off once booted.
              The other work around is to always hook up the USB cable to the back micro USB port not the OTG port.
              The back port ONLY powers the unit. There is no data connection on this port for PC.
              This solves that issue. But remember the back port will NEVER connect to a PC or allow ROM flashes.
              Only the OTG port allows that.

OK on with the ROM

ROM -> Measy/B12 Finless 1.7 ROM (240 megs)

Enjoy,
              Bob

Comment

Ok guys, i solved it. I opened Measy U2A and found reset button After, i used RKbatchTool to flash Measy with original firmware:/

So i confirm that Finless`s ROM works also on Measy U2A. THX BOB!

EDIT:
                Wifi isnt working, why?
                Last edited by extremedmg; 04-11-2013, 20:28.

Comment

Originally posted by extremedmg View Post

EDIT:
                  Wifi isnt working, why?
                  Probably because the U2A has a different wifi chipset!

Bob
                  "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                  "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                  "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                  "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                  "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                  "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                  "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                  "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                  "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Bob,

Is there any way to turn wifi on?

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                      Probably because the U2A has a different wifi chipset!

Bob
                      Excellent work Bob!!
                      The ROM is fast and smooth, but in my case I only get 7950 in AnTuTu.
                      I have a couple of problems, which are:
                      When I run AnTuTu, I must Measy to connect external power supply, because the usb connected TV restarts.
                      When I restart Recovey mode in the TV screen only appears an android with a triangle lying on the stomach, without options wipes, backups, etc. ¿...????
                      As I can do a nandroid backup???
                      How to restore a backup???
                      Works in Measy U2C RK30GENERIC_CWM???

Thank you very much for your dedication and effort to do our best gadgets!!!!!

Comment

My ROM only has stock recovery. If you want CWM you need to install it.

See here:

As for Antutu, it is what it is with Measy kernel.

Bob

Comment

Good job!

Thank you for your excelent work.

I am owner of Measy U2A, with unsupported wi-fi driver. What would you need, to add support for our model? Maybe we could help?

Comment

Originally posted by bogie View Post
                            Thank you for your excelent work.

I am owner of Measy U2A, with unsupported wi-fi driver. What would you need, to add support for our model? Maybe we could help?
                            I join the request.
                            So far, i haven`t found better firmware for U2A...

Comment

Looks like it is Realtek 8188 wi-fi - will this help?

Comment

What is a U2A? Is it Rockchip?
                                If so, is there a stock ROM download for it?

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X