NEW- Measy U2C/B12 Finless ROM 1.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW- Measy U2C/B12 Finless ROM 1.7

Hey folks. Sorry for the 1 month EXACTLY delay in getting you guys my 1.7 ROM. Super busy keeping up with stuff!

This is for the Measy U2c or the B12.
    I understand it also works on a Imito MX2 Version 2 with camera.

Anyway I have now ported my usual 1.7 ROM to your device. Lots of cool stuff, speed, etc. I think you folks will love it!

Features in my Measy / B12 / Imito V2 ROM:

This is an entirely new system. This is not much from the original Measy/B12 ROM in this as fas as system goes.
    Many features from my 1.6 ROM are of course in this along with new features.

BE SURE to check out the mouse wheel ZOOM function to enable google earth etc to zoom!!!!
    Set it by going into settings>accessability> and turn on mouse zoom!

1) New "auto hide" status bar! To enable this go into settings>Display and turn it on.
    Now anytime you run an APP it will automatically hide the status bar. Please note, some badly written APPs
    can leave you in a stuck condition that you cannot exit the APP. You will need you keyoard exit key.

2) While you in settings>display there is another feature to force the settings menu icon in the status bar.
    It is 3 dots vertically. NOw anytime you in a APP that has a settings capability, if you click that you get settings!

3) Lock screen is back friends! Now is settings>security you can
    A) Disable the lock screen completely (default is slide)
    b) Setup a pattern for lock screen
    c) Setup a PIN for lock screen
    d) Setup a password for lock screen

4) Sleep is back like a tablet!!!! Go into settings>display and you can turn on sleep!
    Now understand how this works
    a) If there is no wifi or ethernet connection, when it goes to sleep will power off.
    b) If there is a connection, it will simple go into low power mode and turn the display off. Moving the mouse turns it back on again

5) I enabled location services. This is now in the settings menu. Tested and working with all APPs that use it.
    remember to turn off GPS as we have no GPS.

6) New "grid" style launcher available as a choice of launcehrs.
    Some people still want the Alternate launcher that comes with many TV sticks for EZ TV use.
    I took this from the Neo X5 ROM as I liked it better than previous versions. This of course comes with the RK settings as well.
    If you want to remove this just use ES File explorer and delete these files from /system/app
    LauncherNEW.apk
    AllApp.apk
    RKSettings.apk
    RKBasicsettings.apk
    Now just reboot and all this will be gone.

7) Gameloft fix. This fixes Gameloft games from crashing to the desktop.
    Many of them do not run and crash to the desktop. This is due to a license check based on the device.
    Special thanks to Christian Troy for inventing this fix. I modded it for this ROM.

8) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
    I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
    YOur device will show up in google play as NOT a B12 device! Understand this please.
    I also left the original buiild.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
    If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
    Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
    Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
    Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a Minis Nexo X5.

9) Rockchip just released a updated libstagefright.so to try and fix HW decoding issues in XBMC.
    Ihadd added this ot the ROM but have not fully tested it yet.
    See info here regarding this new library.

10) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!

11) RK Mirrioring is enabled. I have yet to figure it out or how to use it but if we ever do, its there.
    I think we need a client on our tablets to use it. Hopefully more info will come from WiMo about this.

12) Remote Control using RK Remote APP is now fully supported!
    In the ROM kit is a RKRemoteControl.apk.
    You install this on your phone or tablet and now it can remotly control your TV player!
    Just put the APK on sdcard or something and install it on your Android phone, tablet, etc.
    ENJOY this one! I had a HARD TIME getting it to work!

13) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).

14) As always I added the Xbox XPAD.KO module is now injected on boot. This was by request! Enjoy!

15) I added Xbox360 keylayout to fix some games and camera spin with xbox 360 controller. Per this post here:
    Video that demonstrates the setup, show an example of the problem, the steps to solve the problem, and the working solution!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9czISrLGXNI&hd=1 So first lets just talk about the Hardware Setup. Xbox 360...

16) TUN.ko module is also added by request. (CIFS and MD4 are already in the latest kernel).
    Be aware if you use another kernel other than whats in this ROM, you may have to manually insmod CIFS and MD4.
    The files are in /system/lib/modules

This ROM has several options for you to choose from for flashing so please read carefully how to change these flash options.
    I have provided 4 parameter files. These will increase APP space and decrease internal sdcard space.
    1GB APP space (this is default setting for the flash tool).
    2GB APP space.
    4GB APP space.
    6GB APP space! This is the max! This leave only 400MB of space for the internal SDcard.

NOTE:

USB OTG port boot up:
    Anytime the Measy/B12 is booted AND the OTG port is plugged into a PC, it will boot with USB storage turned on! What this means is on boot up you will not be able to see the internal SDcard or the External SDcard from within Android. On your PC you see the removable drives because on boot they are mounted to the PC not Android. Now you can this OFF once booted. Go into settings and USB. You will see PC connection is grayed out.
    1) Click it and it will then put the check box in "conneted". Odd it is OFF by defualt even though it is really connected to the PC.
    2) Now turn it off and it will unmount the SDcards from your PC and you can now see them in Android.
    HOWEVER... Realize next reboot, it will be on again.
    In my opinion this should not work this way but at least you can turn it off once booted.
    The other work around is to always hook up the USB cable to the back micro USB port not the OTG port.
    The back port ONLY powers the unit. There is no data connection on this port for PC.
    This solves that issue. But remember the back port will NEVER connect to a PC or allow ROM flashes.
    Only the OTG port allows that.

OK on with the ROM

ROM -> Measy/B12 Finless 1.7 ROM (240 megs)

Enjoy,
    Bob
    Last edited by Finless; 03-24-2013, 01:23.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Thank you Finless for your fine work!

guys, dont complain about 404, here is the link:

measy_u2c_finless_17_rom.zip

Comment

Originally posted by bitneak View Post
      Thank you Finless for your fine work!

guys, dont complain about 404, here is the link:

measy_u2c_finless_17_rom.zip
      Huh? Did I mess up something? 404?

Bob

Comment

Never mind... I did mess up the link. Glad you figured it out. SMART man!

I fixed it now in the first post.

So I assume your flashing it now?

PLEASE let me know what you think and please test wifi speeds... I made some changes so it should be better!

Thanks,
        Bob

Comment

why link to http://www.freak-tab.de/finless/imit...inless_17a.zip ???

Comment

edit: first link is ok!

a baby is sleeping right now in the tvroom, I will flash, test and report as soon as I can

Comment

Originally posted by pyhonin View Post
              OMG... I am getting tired today.

Sorry the link is fixed.

Bob

Comment

No problem thanks for the rom. Now going to test!

Comment

I did a very quick test, all is working fine!

- xbmc run smooth (use the one with hwaccel) with 720p mp4 video (dont have any 1080p video to test)
                  - wifi working well.
                  - nice wallpapers (clean)
                  - lot of new available option: scrool wheel, gps..

- result for antutu benchmark: 9234 nice score~
                  (but no sdcard, maybe score could be a bit different)

Comment

1080p

i havent tried this .........but tried 1,7 a imito 1080 p kernel, every thing Works fine but would like the option for 1080 24p for smoth movie

Comment

Many thanks to you, Bob.

Can't stop flashing now (although I'm quite satisfied with version 1.4).

Update:

Just a quick question: how long does it take to boot up for the first time after 1.7 ROM flashing?

Bob says in Readme that "If you get to the boot animation you should be good. Let it boot then". Well, my boot animation has been on for nearly 30 minutes now!!! I think it gets stuck.

My stick is not a Measy U2C, but an iMito MX1 version 2 with camera, which used to work well with 1.4 ROM.
                      Last edited by apache; 03-24-2013, 09:04.

Comment

after flashing my measy, first boot need about 4-5 minutes (or less)... not 30min~
                        Not sure if a simple reset should fix this or need to flash again your imixto?

Comment

Originally posted by bitneak View Post
                          after flashing my measy, first boot need about 4-5 minutes (or less)... not 30min~
                          Not sure if a simple reset should fix this or need to flash again your imixto?
                          It took a couple of minutes to finish booting up when I flashed 1.4 ROM. But in this case, it got stuck somewhere, I guess. The first boot got stuck in the boot animation screen for nearly an hour until I decided to unplug the USB cable(s). Unplugging and replugging didn't solve the problem, either, still stuck in the boot animation screen.

Thanks to your prompts, a "complex" reset does the trick (because the simple doesn't). I have to both press the reset button and plug the USB cable at the same time, and voila, it boots up.

By the way, I have an unanswered question:

In case it fails to boot up after the ROM flashing, how could I reflash the ROM?

Since when it fails both flashing tools fail to detect the device.
                          Last edited by apache; 03-24-2013, 16:04.

Comment

del
                            Last edited by pyhonin; 03-27-2013, 03:43.

Comment

Measy u2c running 1.7 ROM

Have the ROM installed and it seems too boot and respond just fine. Speed in synthetic benchmarks about the same as 1.4 ROM. Best run 9200+ that was slightly higher than the 9100+ in the 1.4 ROM. First run in Antutu was only 7500+ and I thought Bob had blown this one but a few reboots eventually got the benchmarks above 9000. It seemed the first run in Antutu was always a little slow as the device needs to get warm.

On the surface this ROM appears similiar to the previous as any stability and compatability fixes are not immediately visible. Sleep is a useful addition even if not what I had expected. I had envisaged a sleep option in the reboot menu but that was obviously my misconception. Using restore software I soon had all my programs and system data from the 1.4 ROM reinstalled without any compatibility issues arising.

Thanks again Bob
                              Last edited by computaquark; 03-25-2013, 10:38.

Comment

Working...
                              X