Finless Custom Firmware for CX-803 II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone ( especially Finless ) can someone do a Custom Firmware 1.7 the same roms has the CX-803 old model but for the new one ( CX-803 II ) because I thought that the firmware was working on the new one and I flash it and now my Bluetooth and Wifi is not working anymore but I love the custom firmware of Finless so can someone help me get it working ?

I bought it from there : http://www.dhgate.com/cx-803ii-andro...ce1c410bc.html

The Factory Firmware is the same as Geekbuying : https://www.dropbox.com/s/16hq2ptzczlihh9/cx803b.rar

Please Finless do a rom for this little guy

Thank You .
    Last edited by eck340; 04-16-2013, 23:57.

Re: Finless Custom Firmware for CX-803 II

Please rest assured that a custom ROM for this device will appear soon.

I actually received one of my own today. Although I am a developer here, I'm going to wait for a release from Bob...because I am a tablet guy. And I haven't mastered all of the skills needed to develop a TV stick. There are many more features that must be addressed in order to meet the high standard our members are accustomed to.

Unfortunately, Bob is taking some personal time away from Freaktab, but this will be a priority when he returns. We have the firmware in house. So stay tuned.

Sent from my U30GT 2 using Tapatalk 2
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Thank You for your reply Riley .

I will wait for Finless Heads up .

Do you know how many time it will take approximatly ?

Comment

Re: Finless Custom Firmware for CX-803 II

I really can't speak for Bob on a timeframe.

All I can say is that I have the highest respect for him, and it will be on his plate when he returns.

My CX803 II will rest patiently in it's box until it has a Finless ROM to flash, whether it be days or weeks.

Sent from my U30GT 2 using Tapatalk 2
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Perfect ! I will wait too

Comment

Heh Randy, my cx803ii is on the way to my stock, too.
            If there is another testpilot needed, let me know.
            JDfense

Comment

Sounds great!!! That makes three testers!!!!!

Randy
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

Randy, maybe you can make a rooted ROM for these folks until I can do this? You the same procedure as you do for tablets.

I do not know when I will be back folks. My Dad passed away Saturday.

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Ok. I'll start on it.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Randy
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

Alright, guys...here's one to test.

Believe me, this is barebones...root, init.d, busybox...no debloat (I really didn't see any bloatware to delete)...Google Play Store fix.

If this works, let me know and I'll put some branding in it and make an official post.

Keep in mind, when Bob returns he can add all the bells and whistles.

Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

OK, another thing to try to take the kernel from the RileyROM and place it in the kit for Bob's cx803 ROM and see if everything works. That ROM has many more features, so if it works we can use it for now.

I am curious how my ROM works, though.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

I tried my ROM. Don't flash it.

I'm attempting Bob's rom with the new kernel.

Randy
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

I'm not so fast, I'm waiting on the delivery of geekbuying. Needs minimum about 5 days from now on.
                          Take your your time, Randy. I let you know when I'm in. At first I have then to study, what the differences are beetween rk2918 tablet rom and rk3066 TV box ROM. Maybe I could help better with some basic comparing.

JDfense

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                            I tried my ROM. Don't flash it.

I'm attempting Bob's rom with the new kernel.

Randy
                            Allright so your rom is not working ?

Did you try Bob rom with the new kernel yet ?

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                            OK, another thing to try to take the kernel from the RileyROM and place it in the kit for Bob's cx803 ROM and see if everything works. That ROM has many more features, so if it works we can use it for now.
                            What file is it ? What is the name of the file ? ( kernel ) ?

Thanks , I hope it will work .

PS : I tried your kernel with the ROM of Bob and it's not working for me after flash the screen wont show up .
                            Last edited by eck340; 04-16-2013, 22:43.

Comment

Where's what I have so far.

The first ROM I made didn't work.

I booted from Bob's ROM with the new kernel, but didn't have wifi...or much else.

I started from scratch and finally got a rooted ROM to work, but had some conflicts with Superuser. After I set everything up, I decided to reboot and got stuck in a boot loop.

So I'm making some headway, here. I'm not used to messing with these TV sticks, so I'm not really set up for testing, especially when the family wants to watch TV on the big screen.

I'm going to extract the Superuser and binary out of the Finless ROM and see if that one works.

I did upload the newer version for you to try. You won't get root until you update the Superuser from Google Play Store. Instead of using the Reboot app to reboot, you might just try shut down and restart and see if that's what caused the boot loop for me. I'm going to have to reflash in order to boot again.

I'll upload a new version as soon as I get it working correctly.
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Working...
                              X