X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CX803 Finless Rom 2.0?

Hi Bob,
    can you make a JB 4.2.2 ROM for CX803?
    I am using 1.7 but it doesn't find my PS3 controller when I connect it. Why?

Originally posted by PsykoRayZ4 View Post
    Hi Bob,
    can you make a JB 4.2.2 ROM for CX803?
    I am using 1.7 but it doesn't find my PS3 controller when I connect it. Why?
    I am in line for a 1.8 or 2.0 rom as well.
    There are just so many things a miss with the 1.7 rom and I think Bob could fix some of these issues with out breaking a sweat.
    Lets keep our fingers crossed!!

Comment

Not possible. 4.2.2 requires a new kernel 3.0.36+ and we do not have sources!

Sorry....

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        Not possible. 4.2.2 requires a new kernel 3.0.36+ and we do not have sources!

Sorry....

Bob

Boooooo!! Ok well how about an update to 4.1.1 - 1.7 rom.
        Will you be working on this??
        I am still holding out hope for a 1.8 or 2.0 rom made for 4.1.1

Comment

Originally posted by Justinbaileyman View Post
          Boooooo!! Ok well how about an update to 4.1.1 - 1.7 rom.
          Will you be working on this??
          I am still holding out hope for a 1.8 or 2.0 rom made for 4.1.1
          OK so whats the problem with the 1.7 ROM I made for this?

Remember I do not have one of these so this ROM was made in the dark.

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Bob
            When I connect my PS3 controller the cx803 doesn't find it. Is your rom only compatible with xbox controllers? If Yes, can You make the ps3 controller compatible?

Comment

Bob
              Well Xbox360 controllers do not work at all minus the fact the left thumb stick and X botton works.
              Playstation 3 controllers dont work at all as well via plug or blue tooth dongle.
              Antutu scores are so darn low like in the 5000-6000 range,when the norm is usually around 9-10000 range.
              I have done the virtual terminal and ran su Ismod with nothing changing,I have also followed the tutorial in the gaming forum sections to add Xpad.ko and vendor_product files with no luck in getting anything to work.
              In the play store there are alot of games not showing up or saying not compatible or when they say compatible after install doesnt work such as batmat,NFS most wanted,spiderman,ect..
              Keep getting device errors saying game not copatible with this device.
              I know for a fact these games work for this device I have seen on youtube these games running on this device.
              This is very odd as both controllers are working on my MK808 and my MK908??
              Also there is slight studdering in video play back not bad but is noticable from time to time.
              So I was hoping some of these issues could be looked at for the next rom release if you plan to do an update?
              I hope you dont take what I've said wrong, I think what you are doing is great and with out your hard work we wouldnt be this far along.
              So thank you dear sir and I will keep my fingers crossed for an update.

Comment

Originally posted by Justinbaileyman View Post
                Well Xbox360 controllers do not work at all minus the fact the left thumb stick and X botton works.
                Playstation 3 controllers dont work at all as well via plug or blue tooth dongle.
                Antutu scores are so darn low like in the 5000-6000 range,when the norm is usually around 9-10000 range.
                I have done the virtual terminal and ran su Ismod with nothing changing,I have also followed the tutorial in the gaming forum sections to add Xpad.ko and vendor_product files with no luck in getting anything to work.
                In the play store there are alot of games not showing up or saying not compatible or when they say compatible after install doesnt work such as batmat,NFS most wanted,spiderman,ect..
                Keep getting device errors saying game not copatible with this device.
                I know for a fact these games work for this device I have seen on youtube these games running on this device.
                This is very odd as both controllers are working on my MK808 and my MK908??
                Also there is slight studdering in video play back not bad but is noticable from time to time.
                So I was hoping some of these issues could be looked at for the next rom release if you plan to do an update?
                I hope you dont take what I've said wrong, I think what you are doing is great and with out your hard work we wouldnt be this far along.
                So thank you dear sir and I will keep my fingers crossed for an update.
                Ok never mind about the controllers working I transfered the xpad.ko and vendor files from my MK808 to my CX803 and now the xbox controller is working perfectly!!
                Only problem now is some of the games are crashing back to the desktop after a couple of seconds to a min into the game.
                Dead trigger is doing it every time!!
                I wil try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

Crap Bob no luck!!
                I uninstalled the games and re-installed them and they just crash if the xbox controller is plugged in.
                ShadowGun , Dead trigger, and mine craft will not stay running if the controller is plugged in but soon as I unplug it the game runs great.
                Its odd cause I can run onlive and use the xbox controller A ok all day long with no issues.
                I have tried 2 power hubs and they both work great so its got to be something in the rom it self.
                Please bob can you help??
                Any idea's on what I can do??
                Last edited by Justinbaileyman; 05-15-2013, 02:20.

Comment

Finless,

+1 on 1.8 (or something) for the CX803. I sent you a PM about this a few weeks ago, but then I read about your situation and you disabling PMs, so I'll repeat it here.

What I need is hotspot functionality to work on the CX803. I tried this before on the MK802-II, but that thing (and apparently all it's clones) has an obscure bug in the Wi-Fi driver that only shows up after an hour or so of full-speed hotspot usage. Kernel crash and needs a reboot for Wi-Fi to work again.

So now I'm playing with the CX803. None of the firmwares I have been able to find support this hotspot functionality (I don't actually need tethering, just the stick pretending to be an AP). In one of your posts (I forget where) you imply this will be possible with the 1.8 firmware.

I would be happy to reimburse you for your time if you can make this work.

I'm also always open to suggestions for other cheap sticks that are also not very hard to get a hold of that do have this working, though beware of that bug, it's not something people generally run into, but it will show up with my usage if it's present.

Comment

I also have a problem with the PS3 controllers. Can you make them compatible?

Comment

rom 1.7 is not fully compatiblw with cx803 v1.6 .There is no sound at all all the other roms i have tested for rk3066 set have fully working sound (but no wifi oufcource)
                      hope for 1.8 to bring back in live my cx803 as for now there is no chance to get back my stock firmware

Comment

Please Bob: create from more productive https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...rnel_cx803.zip 1080p
                        To help the http://files.inbox.lv/ticket/60f5728...+zvuk+1.6v.rar
                        Last edited by Iharambr; 06-30-2013, 20:33.

Comment

The wireless has been quite bad. We do understand you did this blind. The one for the MX1/MX2 is great and stable... but this one keep dropping connections and also streaming is shuttering...

Btw, do you know how we can verify which kernel we selected FX5 or CX803 ?

Bob

Comment

kernel FX5 behaves stable

Comment

Bob
                              Hi Bob,
                              Great work was wondering if you can tweak the device emulation to i9300 instead Of i9100? The problem is that some dumb apps require compatibility of i9300. A small request... Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X