CX803 II/B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CX803 II/B

Hey, I popped open my CX803II today, hoping to find some more info about the hardware inside and to my surprise i noticed that it contained a Mediatek MT 6622 Wifi/BT chip. Not the Realtek chip that's been listed in it's specs, i'm going to guess that this has been the reason that roms from devices that were thought to have been similar have not had any luck getting BT/WiFi working.

Gonna see if i can find a RK3066 Rom with MT 6622 Wifi and flash it and see what happens.

EDIT for clarification it's a MT5931 Wifi chip with MT6622 Bluetooth chip.
    Last edited by cityhunter; 05-31-2013, 01:03.

Good job cityhunter.
    This helps me.
    JDfense

Comment

Originally posted by cityhunter View Post

EDIT for clarification it's a MT5931 Wifi chip with MT6622 Bluetooth chip.
      This is the same as Imito MX1/2!

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Whooo Hoo! after doing some poking around I found out that our device is most similar to the MK808b Sunvel clone (NOT the V1) I downloaded finless 1.7 for this device and tried booting it and got nothing, it locked at the boot logo so determined not to give up yet i flashed the Boot, Kernel and Recovery from riley rom on top of it and boom, working finless with bluetooth and wifi working.

going to do some more testing and make sure everything is A-OK but everything seems fine so far.
        Last edited by cityhunter; 05-31-2013, 12:06.

Comment

Hey, you have nearly done the 'porting' job. If this works fine, then try to add bobs boot.img for 1080p, if there is one extra. I assume that some more tweaks from the finless ROM are in the boot.img and you will miss them, if you use the riley boot.img with init.d support.
          If wifi/blootooth die again, then we have wrong drivers and/or links to the drivers in the init.rc to the wrong place. Right Bob?

In the evening, I will check it too.

JDfense

Comment

Well that was just my first run, I've narrowed it down to having to swap out the kernel, this stick doesn't like the sunvel Kernel from finless so i'm using the riley kernel atm but everything else is from the sunvel rom now and working although when using the boot1080.img you just get graphics corruption until the boot animation starts but it boots fine with no errors.

Comment

Cityhunter, I think you find the right finless rom.
              finless 1.7 for mk808b sunvel clones (boot1080.img)combined with stock rom kernel, misc and recovery works stable and fast so fare. Booting with the correction to the animation seems to be normal. Is the same with riley rom.

I'll have only left to check dungeon hunter with logitech rumblepad. I can't check bluetooth, because I have no device.
              WLan is much faster than in stock rom.

Nice research, cityhunter.

Now we have a cx803II JB 4.11 finless 1.7 ROM.

JDFense

PS.: Maybe you could release it on freaktab with permission of Bob if you want?

Comment

I think i'll leave that up to bob, unless he'd rather somebody else do it as in the end there didn't really need to be any actual modifications made to his rom just swap out the kernels and I don't really want to take credit for his work.

Comment

Go ahead and repackage this into a ROM. I don't have time right now to do it.

You have my permission.

Bob
                  "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                  "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                  "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                  "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                  "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                  "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                  "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                  "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                  "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Cityhunter the ROM works still fine and gameloft games are making no trouble. Only thing I have to figure out, if it is possible that my logitech rumpad will take over more function in the games.

JDfense

Comment

Having trouble dumping /system, I dont' have a linux box readily available and for some reason Windows has decided to refuse to install my rk drivers for ADB. so if anyone else wants to dump /system upload the rom go ahead. otherwise I can just throw in the files needed into the sunvel rom and reupload along with all the mk808B bootlogo stuff.

Comment

If you want to change something in the system use better linux. Adb dumping is very useful to get an original firmware from the device.

JDfense

Comment

Any news on this?

Comment

Working...
                          X