CX803 II RileyROM 1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CX803 II RileyROM 1.1

This ROM is based on the CX803ii firmware posted on the Geekbuying.com blog in the firmware download section. Version 1.0 was based on the CX803b firmware which for some caused wifi problems.

This ROM is still pretty basic:

Rooted
    Debloated
    English default
    Init.d support
    Google Play Store fixes
    Expanded EXT4 system.img
    Reboot app by Petrus
    Flash tool by Finless
    Artwork by Tattman65

I'm still learning how to make the changes that Finless generally adds to his ROMs. I know that some folks have been experimenting with porting parts of Bob's ROM to this stick. As I get time, I will play with it some more and do some updates. If anything in particular is a priority to you, I would be happy to tackle that first.

Here is the link to the download page:

Download

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com Donate!!!
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Hey, here comes the next fine Rom for the cx803ii.

Thx Randy.

JDfense

Comment

does this rom work with measy u2c? its in the same section, probably same hardware~

anyway, thanks for this rom!

Comment

Although the Measy is in the same section. The CX803 II is unique and no other ROM's that I have found will work with this stick.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Hmm...

After flash wifi doesnt work completly, no root I will try again
          CX-803 II - RIleyROM v1.0a, MK802 IIIS (without bluetooth) - Official
          Samsung Galaxy Note II - Carbon Rom 1.6

Comment

No way... I returned to previous version 1.0a

Comment

CX803 II RileyROM 1.1

This one is based on a firmware labeled II. Whereas, the previous was "B". There might be a hardware difference between the two versions. Some sticks work with this ROM...others work with the other ROM.

Randy
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

This is crazy. A unique hardware constellation and possible two version.
                Only way to find it out, is to open the stick. I asked leolas after the photos from geekbuying.
                He answered:
                Related to your question, and looking in the pictures, it seems a lot diferent than any mk808b. First wifi chip, is rtl8189es, a better chip in my opinion than rk90X or mediatek chipsets. I think you can get 150mbs versus 58 mbs of the rk90X or mediatek chipsets, I can't see clear if it has a real PMU or fixed regulator, and I cant apreciate if it has a separate Bt chip or BT function is integrated in the 8189es chip. I think this chip has BT inside.
                This device seems to have a configuration that I never seen before, so it must be hard to port any of the existing roms or stock kernels to your device.
                I think, if there are two versions of the cx-803, then the wifi/bt is the difference.

JDfense

Comment

Any rom=still problem. Bad for me... This stick is brick... Stick without functional WiFi is crap... I will send back this crap to geekbuing...

Comment

Working...
                  X