Measy U2A Troubles and Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Measy U2A Troubles and Fixes

This post is information I am sharing to help others, I am not an expert but these are the steps I took to get a working U2A after it seemed bricked.

I purchased a Measy U2A and upgraded the firmware with the offical firmware from the polish Measy website http://www.measypolska.pl/p/blog-page_9.html and the device worked fine but I didn't have root and wanted root so I took the same package and rooted it after flashing I got 2 penguins one ontop of the other at that point I tried reflashing my rooted image and re rooting the image from scratch also I tried re flashing the update from Measy site and the orignal firmware all had same result would not boot just 2 penguins on the screen. After searching over the internet and through this forum I decided to try the Finless rom for Measy U2C at that point my stick booted just didn't have wifi so there was a driver problem so I continued to search / browse around and decided to try kernals from diff devices any finless kernel I tried would boot but had same result no wifi I just can not under stand why finless rom's will boot but even oem rom will not I guess they must be corrupt in some way, then I found pitures on a UG802 page that looked exactly like my device so as you could imagine a big bright light came on as I came to relize the Measy U2A is a UG802 V1 and so I downloaded a 4.2.2 UG802 V1 Rom from this page http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-2-VERSION-1-0 and since there was not a 4.2.2 finless for U2C I downloaded a finless 4.2.2 rom for Imito MX1 MX2 from this page http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...inless-ROM-2-0 and I flashed finless using the boot.img and kernal.img from UG802 V1 Rom and guess what I now have my U2A 100% working as far as I can tell anyway with a custom rom. So this information should be helpfull for any body else who owns a Measy U2A and runs into issues like this it may also be helpfull for Bob to build a 4.2.2 finless rom for the Measy U2A.

helpfull things I learned along the way
    1. at one point I flashed CWM for the Measy U2C to recovery and it worked fine so if anybody wants CWM the image for U2C works

2. the measy u2a does not have a reset button but does have the empty pads and pads to enable mask rom mode the image below is of a ug802 v1 and is the same as my measy u2a the pads on top of picture with square around a circle are the reset pads where a reset button should have been placed you would short these pads and power on the device to put it in flash mode, the two very small pads at bottom of picture near the nand chip and inspection sticker with corner ripped off are the enable rom mask mode you would short these pads and power on the device to enable rom mask mode (rom mask mode should only be needed if the recovery image is corrupt)

Please help..I cannot go past 2 penguins on my screen.I do not have CWM recovery on it.WHat should I do now? This happened after I unplugged my U2A while it is on.
    Last edited by dnardz; 09-19-2013, 12:26.

Comment

Originally posted by dnardz View Post
      Please help..I cannot go past 2 penguins on my screen.I do not have CWM recovery on it.WHat should I do now? This happened after I unplugged my U2A while it is on.
      Nevermind..I managed to restore back the stock ROM using RKBatchtool.

Can you share the steps you did in accomplishing your mix of ROM? Thanks in advance.

Comment

There are two versions MEASY U2A.
        Version 1 with the switch.

and

Version 2 without the switch.

They own the different arrangement wifi.
        realtek8188eus own both. Problem such as in UG802.

Sorry for my English.

Comment

I have a third version (clone?)
          looks same like your v1 but has no AT88SC... and Measy U2A Stock Roms doesn't boot. But i have found a solution to use UG802 Roms but this need soldering skills. http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...nrad-U2A-Clone

Click image for larger version

Name:	conrad-u2a.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	431001

Comment

I made this bridge in my measy u2a v1 thanks to the etna0815. Rom acts very well rom from ug802. He plans soon to give the modification for measy u2a and ug802.

I greet dregov

Comment

is there a measy u2a custom rom with 720p or 1080p kernel? TIA

Comment

Originally posted by curenei View Post
                is there a measy u2a custom rom with 720p or 1080p kernel? TIA
                My custom rom is multilanguage with 720p kernel only support for users in Poland.
                One custom rom for all devices measy u2a.
                I did not check personally for devices ug802 and mk802III.
                For devices with version the switch run Wifi required HW-MOD Thanks etna0815 http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post106402
                For devices version without the switch not required HW-MOD.
                Next version my custom rom put soon for users English language in freaktab forum. My custom rom link is http://forum.android.com.pl/f806/measy-u2a-ug802-mk802iii-firmware-by-dregov-310540/

Password zip file is: measyu2a

Now please translate web site on english language. Sorry
                Question in English language please write on this forum freaktab.

Sorry my english Dregov
                Last edited by dregov; 11-30-2013, 13:53.

Comment

how would i open my measy u2a? externally there is no switch. is the switch inside the unit? thanks and where is your rom? i would like to test. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by curenei View Post
                    how would i open my measy u2a? externally there is no switch. is the switch inside the unit? thanks and where is your rom? i would like to test. Thanks
                    Swicht is inside in version1 device.
                    Examples of devices measy u2a:

Direct link rom U2A_UG802_MK802III_4.2.2_ROM_Dregov_ver4.0.zip http://d-h.st/HS0 passwd measyu2a

dregov

Comment

Can you teach me how to disassemble measy u2a? And is your custom rom dont have english language? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dregov View Post
                        My custom rom is multilanguage with 720p kernel only support for users in Poland.
                        One custom rom for all devices measy u2a.

Sorry my english Dregov
                        Dregov,

thank you for the great rom.

I have been using your rom since 2.0, now I am using 4.0 and loving it.

I had to use google translate and experiment a bit - I don't speek polish but after a few minutes i managed to understand the instructions and load the new rom.

Also I needed to HW mod the U2A (solder the contact as per instructions) to get the wifi working.

ShowBox and Archos Media player work great, I use it to watch MKVs up to 15Mbps bitrate, after that it starts to skip frames.

U2A has been very stable - no resets etc. It's been working 24/7 for weeks without reset.

It would be great if you made instructions in english for other users.

Have you tried OC-ing your U2A - your newest 4.0 rom has 1.416GHz for CPU, but I was thinking of adding a thermal pad and chipset cooler on top of SoC to be able to push it to 1.6GHz.

Also do you plan to release a rom with 1080p kernel?

Comment

Originally posted by mighty78 View Post
                          I had to use google translate and experiment a bit - I don't speek polish but after a few minutes i managed to understand the instructions and load the new rom.
                          Hi mighty78 next version my rom will be released in english language:

Flashing, Timezone, default android system language, maybe instruction

Regards for Serbia
                          dregov
                          Last edited by dregov; 12-21-2013, 14:26.

Comment

Thanks, Dregov!

I have had green flicker in Youtube videos with latest rom, but disabling HW overlay solved this.

Also my U2A doesn't have reset/restore button, so for flashing your rom I have used both RKbatchtool 1.7 and your FlashDregovRom (RKAndroid tool) utility, so I didn't have to open my U2A.

I would start RKbatchtool, click on the switch button in it to get U2A to recovery mode.

After that I used FlashDregovRom utility as per your manual to load the rom.

It also worked for recovering from bad rom without opening the device. Can you put the switch button/function in FlashDregovRom utility?

Comment

Originally posted by mighty78 View Post
                              Can you put the switch button/function in FlashDregovRom utility?
                              Hmm button switch is in FlashDregovRom as "PRZEŁĄCZ" in polish language

FlashDregovRom.exe in language english:

For English users please edit settings.ini file. And rename in lines
                              [SYSTEM]
                              LANGUAGE=English
                              and save file
                              dregov
                              Last edited by dregov; 12-21-2013, 17:22.

Comment

Working...
                              X