No announcement yet.

Rooting Measy A5A Android Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first of all thanks to the rom maker and the thread starter for this wonderful thread.
    its working well except wifi keeps disconnecting. something wrong with kernel ?
    and can u provide tun.ko for this also?
    and my flash videos get stuck always (no buffering) even wifi is working. (happened with the original rom too
    please help me

Comment

strange....

Hi,

I did not experience that problem with the bufferring. Finless is the man to repack the ROM. I am hoping to get a repack with working CIFS modules. Maybe he can include the module you referred to.

Regards,
      SC

Comment

WHen I get some time back from another project I have my head in.... I will do you guys up a new ROM with cifs all built in.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Updating this A5A Rom to a later release of Android

Hi,

I have just joined this forum and would like to know if it is possible update the MEASY A5A ROM to a later version of Android, I have tried to find out in many places how this may be achived, most of what I can find is expecting you to know terms etc. I think I have the source to the Kernel and have unpacked the ROM already and can change and root the rom but how to upgrade to say HoneyComb or ICS.

Sorry if this is a noob question.

Comment

Originally posted by gdrichards View Post
            Hi,

I have just joined this forum and would like to know if it is possible update the MEASY A5A ROM to a later version of Android, I have tried to find out in many places how this may be achived, most of what I can find is expecting you to know terms etc. I think I have the source to the Kernel and have unpacked the ROM already and can change and root the rom but how to upgrade to say HoneyComb or ICS.

Sorry if this is a noob question.
            It is not as easy as that unfortunately as it would need a total rewrite, starting from scratch to have say Ics for your media player, finding somebody who has the time and experience to do that would be extremely hard. You would have to rewrite everything.

Your only hope would be for the manufacturer to release an update

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
            Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
            <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
            <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
            <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
            https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
            </form>

Comment

Hi,

My first post << Welcome to me

I also have a couple of these media players and was so happy to stumble across this thread. I downloaded the rom, drivers, etc. followed the instructions and everything worked like a charm. Great job to both Finless for cracking the sucker and to swisscheese for the instructions.

I was quite disappointed when I tried to use my micro bluetooth keyboard just to find that there is no USB bluetooth support. I have searched all over without any luck. Apparently bt support needs to be complied into the kernel

If you can come up with a solution to this... eh... tiny (*snicker*) little problem, you will be my hero! I have another 8 of these little guys that I'm going to root and would love USB BT support on.

If you are not up to the task I will understand. I'm by no means an expert on Android but if you need another tester.... just SHOUT!!

Peace!

Comment

BT

BT is another pain, but not something I had considered. I opted for a wireless RF keyboard and mouse. It works great and it's cheaper. Finless is a busy man, I am also waiting to make some more changes.

Meanwhile, have a look at the FXI Cotton Candy unit - under $100 and it will make you drool.

Comment

How to use Keyboard (Measy A5A)

Hi, I know that this would look like a really stupid question, but can someone tell me how to use the Measy A5A stock keyboard through the remote control? The keyboard pops up when I want to type something but just not able to navigate to any of the keys! Frustrating...

Comment

Drivers not working

Please somebody help me . I have a non working Measy A5A. See, it was working correctly at first. I got it with Android 4.0 but after installing a lot of apps I decided to restore it to factory settings. It did something and rebooted. But something went wrong and now I cannot make it start. Now, whenever I tunr it on, the light in the front panel stays red and nothing appears on the screen. I tried several method to format it or restore it but nothing works. I want to try the steps by swisscheesse but when I install the drivers, windows says that they are not compatible with the hardware . Can anybody please advice? Thanks

Comment

Measy A5A Not Booting

gentlemen , ANY Body Can Help ???!!!

i got this box with android 4..0 from asiapads. it was working fine . i connected wired keyboard and mouse , and i tried to change the language to Arabic , it been changed and after 30 seconds the box restarted its self and i got the green screen with android symbol and it changed to the black screen with android written in the middle looks like it is loading or booting and it is stuck there .

i tried to flash it and i connected through USB OTG port to put it in recovery mode , computer has detects new USB connection as unknown device but i could not install the driver . i tried the force update but when i push the reset button and connect the power after that it is always showing RED light and it stays there.

Any suggestions ??

Comment

Originally posted by swisscheese View Post
                        As agreed with Finless, I would make a little "Readme" once the smoke cleared. Here it is, short and sweet. It would have been up earlier but the damn uploads took a while.

Quick summary of procedure to flash Measy A5A Android Player.
                        All credit for rooting the stock firmware goes to Finless. As he did not have one of these units, I was
                        the designated Crash test Dummy. The following worked for me:
                        1.) Download and extract https://rapidshare.com/files/3598010...M_Test_1.3.rar.

2.) Download and extract
                        https://rapidshare.com/files/2754048...ry_Mode_01.rar.

3.) Download and extract https://rapidshare.com/files/6126656...nt_manager.rar.

4.) Use the USB port near the SD Card port to connect to PC with device power disconnected as the other two ports dont seem to work in recovery mode.

5.) Hold in the Reset button and connect power. Release Reset after around 5-10 seconds.

6.) Install the RK29 drivers found in the Finless ROM or "Driver_-_Recovery_Mode_01.rar" (the ones I used) when prompted.

7.) Open "RK29update.exe" from "A5A Player Finless ROM Test 1.3"

8.) Click on EraseIDB and let it run a few seconds.

9.) Tick the "Loader" checkbox and click "Run".

10.) This will take a miunte or two and the device will reboot when done.

11.) Ready to go.....You should be ready to roll.

I originally wanted to root my A5A to mount Windows shares with Mount Manger, but the stock CIFS module did not work. Thanks to Finless again, I was able to get it working with "CIFS_modules_for_mount_manager.rar".

12.) Install Mount Manager from the Market or use the apk included.

13.) copy the three *.ko files to "/system/lib/modules" (ES File Explorer) and reboot.
                        14.) Open Mount Manager and go to Preferences.

15.) Tick "Load Modules" &"Load on boot"

16.) Click on "Manage Modules", then add the three modules, specifying the load order:
                        1> nls_utf.ko, 2> slow-work.ko, 3> cifs.ko

17.) For some reason it only worked for me after a reboot.

18.) Mount manager can be a bit iffy, this is what worked for me:

a) "Share Path" must look like this: //192.168.10.1/share
                        - shares are case sensitive and it doesn't like spaces in the share name.
                        - I created hidden lower case shares (movies$) while testing and they worked too.
                        - the "Browse" button for "Share Path" didn't work for me.
                        b) "Mount Point" must look like this /mnt/stor.....
                        - the "Browse" button for "Mount Point" works
                        c) "Options" are added using the cross on the right.
                        - fields for "user" and "password" were all i needed to add.
                        d) Save and mount

Hope this was helpful
                        I get download error:
                        The download for this file has not been enabled. Only the user who uploaded it, can enable the download option.

Could you allow to be able to download these files again?

Comment

i cant download too

Comment

eth0 mac-address changes after each reboot

I use Finless 1.3 rom for Measy A5A, and the mac-address of eth0 (ethernet) changes after each reboot.

Any idea how to fix this?

Comment

other os on measy a5a?

Hi Guys!

Its possible an other os on measy a5a? Linux? Win7? Chromium? chromecast? Rapsberry or something? Measy stock rom its same like an android phone. Who can help to me to change an other os to measy?

Stock rom is android, android is linux base, i think its possible linux or chrom os to change?

Please help somebody!

Comment

Originally posted by Pcey View Post
                                Hi Guys!

Its possible an other os on measy a5a? Linux? Win7? Chromium? chromecast? Rapsberry or something? Measy stock rom its same like an android phone. Who can help to me to change an other os to measy?

Stock rom is android, android is linux base, i think its possible linux or chrom os to change?

Please help somebody!
                                Would be nice but I doubt it will happen. So many new units that this one will take a position further on the back seat.

Comment

Working...
                                X