Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

broken OTG port on minix neo x5 want to upgrade

Hi there, I am new to this forum.
    I have tried search, but couldn't find anything related.

I have recently bought a pre owned neo x5. Today I thought I'd try to upgrade to a new rom (4.1.1 -> 4.2.2). Usually I am poking micro usb cables gently into the socket, trying which side works without applying force. This time, I inserted it the wrong way. I don't know if the socket was already mucked or if the minix' port is always like this. Now, the port seems broken. At least this is what it appears to me. The device does not show up in my computer (trying lsusb in linux). Also, there was a smell of overheated chips. Anyway, the minix itself does still work properly, only the port is broken and I don't seem to have a chance of upgrading.

So, I have two questions now:
    Anybody owning a new x5 tried to insert the micro usb cable the wrong way? Did it work easily without applying force? Don't try this plugged.
    Any chance of getting OTA upgrade from minix? Will that happen for the x5 anyway, or is it a x7 thing only? And they seem to ask people to upgrade to the first OTA enabled release before OTA will work for the next upgrade.

So, I am out of luck, right?

Hi,if your otg port is really broken the only chance you have is flashing a cwm rom.
    The first step you have to do is installing cwm and superuser,then you can flash a custom or stock rom.

Comment

broken OTG port on minix neo x5 want to upgrade

Ignore this
      Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
      Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
      Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
      Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
      CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
      Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
      RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by skazza View Post
        Hi,if your otg port is really broken the only chance you have is flashing a cwm rom.
        The first step you have to do is installing cwm and superuser,then you can flash a custom or stock rom.
        Thanks for this hint.
        I think I ca nfind my way from here. Thanks a lot. Will try this weekend.

Comment

I have the same problem. My x5' s otg port is dead. I am finding another firmware upgrade method.

What is the alternative way? And how?

Thanks

Comment

Just a thought : are you sure it is broken?
            I had problem myself when using other cables than the original one.

It seems that the cable provided has a longer connector than the usual micro usb cables I own (in fact about twice longer).
            So using a regular one didn't make it contact well, and it wasn't recognised on the PC.

In fact, I had another cable with a long connector, like the one provided with the X5. And this one worked too.

Try to make sure that you use the right cable. Or find one that has a longer connector than the other.

I hope it is only the problem you have.

Good luck.

Comment

Have the same question but for different problem:

My Neo G4 is attached to the TV and its really difficult to detach, and I noticed that booting with the button pressed a recovery menu appears with many options to update. Didnt tried them as I dont want to brick my device, but maybe you can flash the IMG file with the recovery... I have asked on Facebook and I'm waiting for the answer.

Comment

My minix neo 5 was working good now its frozen on the logo wher to find the latest firmware and how do I flash it

Comment

Working...
                X