Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MINIX X5 android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM (beta)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MINIX X5 android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM (beta)

I have been working on a kitkat rom the past week. It took a lot of time (trail and error) when compiling kernels and fixing the bugs that occured in this process.
    But the result is a stable working kitkat rom.
    The rombase used is the Wasser's v1.04 rom.
    These are the used kitkat kernel sources.
    Kitkat also used a different bootloader (In this rom the v2.13 loader for RK30XX devices is used).

All HLS apps tested (NPO, NOS, RTLXL, XBMC, Youtube) are working great.
    The rom is rooted.
    DTS/DD5.1 passthrough is working (spdif I have tested, probably HDMI works as well)
    Wifi and ethernet is working.

I have made a 720p and 1080p version.

Install with the included batchtool.

X5_KitKat_720p v0.8
    X5_kitKat_1080p v0.8
    X5_kitKat_720p v0.9

If you like the rom you can donate using this link.

DONATE

I use this rom with my homemade passthrough enabled KODI.

Last edited by karel; 10-07-2014, 08:13.

Does the Wi-Fi work? Also, is there video stuttering present on 4.4.2?

Comment

Oooh Karel, you are the one!
      Maybe I can test it tommorrow.

Comment

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol ok Kara ill do all out test next few days thats halirious after x5 guru rom great work......

Did you test at all or just complile?

karl same loader i know on 3188 if you use jb loader with kitkat rom bricks device is loader different on this one thats why i asked if you have tested.
        Last edited by scooter2014; 07-08-2014, 02:27.
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by karel View Post
          I compiled a new rom (kernel + android system) from the radxa rock kitkat sources (link). These sources luckely also included the sources for RK3066 next to the Rk3188 sources.

The android system is compiled for the RK3066 chips (so should work on other RK3066 devices aswell, when using a compatible kernel).

For the kernel I used the Minix X5 config files (shared by Minix in their X5 4.2.2 sources).

Flashing can be done with the included tool.

Happy flashing, and let me know if you find any bugs

The link for the download is HERE

don't working for me. thanks for work

Comment

Originally posted by karel View Post
            I compiled a new rom (kernel + android system) from the radxa rock kitkat sources (link). These sources luckely also included the sources for RK3066 next to the Rk3188 sources.

The android system is compiled for the RK3066 chips (so should work on other RK3066 devices aswell, when using a compatible kernel).

For the kernel I used the Minix X5 config files (shared by Minix in their X5 4.2.2 sources).

Flashing can be done with the included tool.

Happy flashing, and let me know if you find any bugs

The link for the download is HERE
            Hi karel,

My X5 does not even start using this fw.

regards
            Ronald

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
              weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol ok Kara ill do all out test next few days thats halirious after x5 guru rom great work......

Did you test at all or just complile?

karl same loader i know on 3188 if you use jb loader with kitkat rom bricks device is loader different on this one thats why i asked if you have tested.
              I just compiled it. Didn't have time for testing. I used the bootloader from another RK3066 kitkat rom.

I just tested it and it doesn't boot. I have a look at it and try to fix it.

Comment

lol been there done that lmao
                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I don't get it to work properly.
                  All compiles without any big issues, BUT the kitkat kernel doesn't boot.

I also checked my setup (Ubuntu 14.04) and used the 4.2.2 MINIX sources to compile a 4.2.2 kernel and that boots fine.

When I compile a kernel with the Radxa Rock 4.4.2 sources (adjusted for the RK3066 chipset) it just doesn't boot. In the new rom I used the RK30xx bootloader v2.13 and the compiled boot.img kernel.img misc.img recovery.img and system.img.

Does anyone have an idea what could be the case here? (Or are the sources not ready for for RK3066 devices).

It also seam that Minix is going to release kitkat X7 sources this month. Maybe (hopefully) they include the RK3066 files from the sdk aswell.

Comment

Hi Karal

There is another thread here that has mx on 4.4 working maybe check that thread and see if sources there?

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                      Hi Karal

There is another thread here that has mx on 4.4 working maybe check that thread and see if sources there?
                      I saw that thread but no sources over there.

Comment

Have you check dis link ma by a good source? http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/05/...id-4-4-kitkat/

Comment

I have been working on the kitkat kernels for the X5. And after trail and error I have compiled kernels that boot.

What is working:
                          - Wifi and ethernet.
                          - Spdif passthrough (propably HDMI passthrough aswell).
                          - Minix X5 IR remote (and the Logitech Harmony remote controls with the Minix X5 settings).
                          - HLS apps like NOS, NPO, RTL XL.

What is not working (and I'm not going to fix myself):
                          - Microphone input and headphone output (gives conflict with HDMI and SPDIF).

For the rombase I use Wasser 1.04 with some minor adjustments. So far it is really stable. I will test a little more before I release the rom.

Comment

Hi karel, great ! What about netflix ?

Comment

Great news thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X