Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Backup Minix Neo 5 mini without CWM? ( i use the original latest Firmware )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Backup Minix Neo 5 mini without CWM? ( i use the original latest Firmware )

Hello i need help.

I want to install some apps and XBMC with settings and repos.

The problem, i use the latest original Firmware from Minix Forums and flash it with the RK Batch Tool.

I have 3 questions about.

1. Can i make a Backup with the RK Batch Tool ore the programm is only to flash a new Firmware?

2. How can i use CWM on the Firmware? I see CWM can only use wiht other minix neo 5 Firmwares.

3. any other idea how i can make a Backup from the PC and Restore the new Image with all the apps and XBMC settings and Repo with the RK Batch Tool like the Original Firmware ?

Thanks in advance

Any Answers On This?

Originally posted by marquez View Post
    Hello i need help.

I want to install some apps and XBMC with settings and repos.

The problem, i use the latest original Firmware from Minix Forums and flash it with the RK Batch Tool.

I have 3 questions about.

1. Can i make a Backup with the RK Batch Tool ore the programm is only to flash a new Firmware?

2. How can i use CWM on the Firmware? I see CWM can only use wiht other minix neo 5 Firmwares.

3. any other idea how i can make a Backup from the PC and Restore the new Image with all the apps and XBMC settings and Repo with the RK Batch Tool like the Original Firmware ?

Thanks in advance
    I have the EXACT same question and I'm glad I found that someone else asked. Unfortunately, I STILL don't see an answer. I tried using the XBMC Backup app in this customized version of XBMC, but when I try to use it it says the dependencies aren't met. The XBMC version that comes preloaded with the firmware version you referenced is the only Gotham version that the MP3 Streams add on works in consistently, but it does have a few bugs including the one that I pointed out. However, that add on is so important to me that I am willing to live with the few other minor issues and deal with it. I would like to be able to restore my completely customized settings to another device just like you described. I will see if we get any answers on this. Thanks for asking the question first!

Comment

Working...
    X