Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest Neo G4 Firmware Custom ROM

Hello:

I just installed the stock updated firmware for the Neo G4 and the main issue that I am having now is that XBMC plays 1080p Video choppy, and the 720p Video is slightly choppy. And I have tried 4 different types of XBMC apps and the best one that played was the SPMC app, but it was still choppy. Is there a custom ROM, that was the latest, that will play 1080p clearly?
    I just updated the ROM on a MK808 Finless and it I working beautifully. I want this Neo G4 to work the same as that.
    Just curious, can the ROM for the MK808 work on this unit or will it brick it?

Thank you in advance,
    Rene

Originally posted by reneamaya View Post
    Hello:

I just installed the stock updated firmware for the Neo G4 and the main issue that I am having now is that XBMC plays 1080p Video choppy, and the 720p Video is slightly choppy. And I have tried 4 different types of XBMC apps and the best one that played was the SPMC app, but it was still choppy. Is there a custom ROM, that was the latest, that will play 1080p clearly?
    I just updated the ROM on a MK808 Finless and it I working beautifully. I want this Neo G4 to work the same as that.
    Just curious, can the ROM for the MK808 work on this unit or will it brick it?

Thank you in advance,
    Rene
    The g4 does not support hardware video decoding in xbmc, you will need a custom version of xbmc that uses mxplayer to play video files.

Comment

Originally posted by nadrojcote View Post
      The g4 does not support hardware video decoding in xbmc, you will need a custom version of xbmc that uses mxplayer to play video files.
      Which custom version of xbmc? And how would you need to set it up?

Why would Minix supply an android version that doesn't work?

Thanks
      Rene

Comment

Its not minix's fault its rockchip's fault. It's a common problem across all rockchip based mini pc's. I cant remember which version of xmbc I had used in the past, but if you google mx player version of xmbc you will find it.

Comment

Working...
        X