HOLY COW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wegafan View Post
    I think that is 2 channel stereo that is processed into 5 channels. I believe that if the film has a Dolby surround 2 channel track, the Dolby pro logic is giving surround sound but not at the quality it could be.
    If it can sound better then it does now I would amazed, I am no audiophile like some of you probably are so as it currently is it sounds great to me as is.

Comment

Hello Bob,

those are super good news!
      Finally you have the best machine in your hands.
      I (and all X5 users) are on your mind and improvements very excited!

!!! WELCOME TO THE HOLY COW !!!

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post
        If it can sound better then it does now I would amazed, I am no audiophile like some of you probably are so as it currently is it sounds great to me as is.
        You don't want to be an audiophile. If you are happy with the sound now, more power(and money) to you. You can get great sound these days for cheap. Back in the late 90's it was a minimum of $1500 Subwoofer, $1500 Receiver, and another $1500 on speakers. These days if you are happy with your soundbars, you are truly blessed. Don't get caught in the hype. Your wallet will thank you. These days, I can probably get 90% of the sound quality I had back in the late 90's by just spending 10% of what I've spent.

Comment

Great to hear that you enjoy the device, Bob!

Comment

its a nice unit,
            i dont like the live launcher,
            and the gridshow is ugly,
            any ideas for a launcher?
            i like the unit though,
            the jb os was crashing all the time,the ics works pretty clean,
            what is on yours bob?
            i pointed my seller here,
            glad you got some love from the makers,
            well deserved,thanks for the hard work and the site pal
            BootlegGreg

Comment

Hi Bob.

Glad to see that Minix has sent you a unit!

This is the best device in the market.

You can check our detailed review here:
              ¡Página No Encontrada! 404 Lo sentimos, pero no podemos encontrar la página que estabas buscando. Mientras tanto, prueba una de estas opciones: Ir a la Página Anterior Ir al Inicio Usa nuestro buscador para encontrar el contenido

Is in spanish but you can understand using the google translator

Good luck with the firmware i will follow closely

Best regards
              www.androidpc.es
              Androidpc.es - The largest library of independent reviews about AndroidPC

Comment

How is the build quality on this? Anyone having problems with the usb ports disconnecting?

Comment

That's the nice part. The power comes through a separate round port so there isn't as much chance of breaking the micro usb port as a stick where that's the only means of powering the device. But, that's a good question nonetheless since this does indeed possess a micro usb port. I have been lurking in some forums relating to the minix and really haven't seen anything to suggest that it's a problem.

Comment

Hi Bob,

I connected the Minix Neo X5 using ethernet, but I get a "No internet connection" message in the status bar while there´s in fact internet connection. Some applications got confused and refused to work because of that. Is there any solution for this?

Comment

Sv: HOLY COW!

Originally posted by jlcd View Post
                      Hi Bob,

I connected the Minix Neo X5 using ethernet, but I get a "No internet connection" message in the status bar while there´s in fact internet connection. Some applications got confused and refused to work because of that. Is there any solution for this?
                      Is your wired network working on any other devices? Is Wifi working on your Neo X5? Maybe enable DHCP on both Neo X5 and router (server).
                      Here is thread with a related discussions: http://minixforums.com/index.php?posts/139

Comment

Originally posted by jlunse View Post
                        Is your wired network working on any other devices? Is Wifi working on your Neo X5? Maybe enable DHCP on both Neo X5 and router (server).
                        Here is thread with a related discussions: http://minixforums.com/index.php?posts/139
                        I have no problem with wifi or ethernet, the problem is a false warning about internet connection when using ethernet.

Comment

Bob,

Are you planning on releasing a rooted rom for this device? Your rom for the Imitio MX1 was excellent and I am looking forward to experiencing the same quality for the neo X5. Thanks for supporting these devices!

Comment

Yes I do plan to. Minix just released a new ROM on the 17th so I need to play with that and get up to speed.

Bob
                            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                              Yes I do plan to. Minix just released a new ROM on the 17th so I need to play with that and get up to speed.

Bob
                              Would be nice to include in that future rom a solution to the "No internet connection" issue.

Comment

Originally posted by jlcd View Post
                                Would be nice to include in that future rom a solution to the "No internet connection" issue.
                                Did you try the new 01_17 ROM and see if that is resolved?

Bob
                                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...
                                X