HOLY COW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    Did you try the new 01_17 ROM and see if that is resolved?
    Yes, nothing has changed about this.

Comment

I will look into this but no gaurentee... It could need a lot of code changes if the functionality is just "missing" in framework, services, etc. If the code is there and just not working right, this might be something I can fix. I will have a look soon.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Thank you for your interest.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.

Hey Bob,
          You are making me want the Neo X5 too. Last time you recommend something this much was the imito mx1 and it was a pretty nice unit. Hopefully I'll get the X5 soon. Don't forget you could always add xpad.ko and other controllers support to the ROM.
          Thanks for the heads up,

Rivers from YouTube somecooltech1

Comment

Originally posted by riversdirect View Post
            Hey Bob,
            You are making me want the Neo X5 too. Last time you recommend something this much was the imito mx1 and it was a pretty nice unit. Hopefully I'll get the X5 soon. Don't forget you could always add xpad.ko and other controllers support to the ROM.
            Thanks for the heads up,

Hey Rivers... Yes, I script ALL my work so over time anything I add becomes part of any ROM I develop if it applys. So yes, expect xpad.ko, etc.

As for my reccomendations. Like the saying goes "Opinions are what you pay for them". So please, what I think is a good device doesnt mean anything really.

Like most people here, no one really is an expert AND these RK TV devices are new. They are going through development and getting better with time. The reason I was able to break into the ROM scene with these is because I have done hundreds of RK ROMs for tablets. So it was an easy transtition to these devices for me.

BUT IN NO WAY am I a "user" expert with TV's, different video formats, all of the input devices that can be used, etc, on these devices!!! Could anyone be truely? So I am just stating...... just because I like something, does not mean other users expecting something other than what I like or find good, is true for everyone.

Bob

Comment

Boot time?

Finless

I'm thinking of using a Neo X5 in my car. But I need to find a way to either keep it powered all the time or if it boots quickly enough find a way to trigger it to power on with my ignition. Since you have one would you mind testing how long it takes to boot from completely powered off? Also could test from being on then using the remote to power it off then on. The manual says when you use the remote it goes into to a “sleep mode” is this true? Is it different then hold the power button in to power it off? THANX!

Comment

Originally posted by nettech_gt View Post
                Finless

I'm thinking of using a Neo X5 in my car. But I need to find a way to either keep it powered all the time or if it boots quickly enough find a way to trigger it to power on with my ignition. Since you have one would you mind testing how long it takes to boot from completely powered off? Also could test from being on then using the remote to power it off then on. The manual says when you use the remote it goes into to a “sleep mode” is this true? Is it different then hold the power button in to power it off? THANX!
                I have not clocked the actual time but once setup from complete power-off I would say it take approximately 30-45 seconds to completely load up. When you put into sleep and return the cycle takes 5 seconds or less. Also for this sort of application you may want to consider a sleeker control instead of the remote because I would say overall the remote is significantly lacking and has limited controls beyond power, volume and some basic video controls (play, stop, etc). The good news is there are many bluetooth and 2.4mhz wireless units that are working with most features including sleep mode etc.

I am not a DEV just an enthusies and user. I also have an imito x1 and much prefer the build of this unit.

Comment

Originally posted by riversdirect View Post
                  Hey Bob,
                  Thanks for the heads up,

Hi Rivers ... Always love your reviews and videos from the Android TV scene. I own this unit and the MX1 running finless rom. I would say overall for build and stability I prefer the MINIX. Just my 2 cents. Now that Bob is on the DEV trail of this unit I can only expect better things to come. Also there is a growing DEV forum HERE > http://minixforums.com/forums/neo-x5/ which should also help with your decision.

Welcome to the board and keep those great reviews coming

Comment

Originally posted by mrfunnyman View Post
                    I have not clocked the actual time but once setup from complete power-off I would say it take approximately 30-45 seconds to completely load up. When you put into sleep and return the cycle takes 5 seconds or less. Also for this sort of application you may want to consider a sleeker control instead of the remote because I would say overall the remote is significantly lacking and has limited controls beyond power, volume and some basic video controls (play, stop, etc). The good news is there are many bluetooth and 2.4mhz wireless units that are working with most features including sleep mode etc.

I am not a DEV just an enthusies and user. I also have an imito x1 and much prefer the build of this unit.
                    THANX! for your response. Is the only way to put it in sleep mode and wake from sleep with the remote/ BT keyboard? Any ideas on how I might be able to wake the Neo X5 when I turn on my car? THANX!

Comment

Originally posted by nettech_gt View Post
                      THANX! for your response. Is the only way to put it in sleep mode and wake from sleep with the remote/ BT keyboard? Any ideas on how I might be able to wake the Neo X5 when I turn on my car? THANX!
                      I am not sure of your intended setup for the car. I am assuming hdmi output to some sort of lcd / led in car? If you could implement touchscreen there is some development for using touchscreen capabilities but at this point it seems unstable and limited at best. There are also android apps which work as remote from phone or other devices on the same wifi network so there maybe options there. For now the most straightforward is the keyboard method. You may google different keyboards as china has gotten prety creative with the form factors and designs.

Comment

Re: HOLY COW!

Hey way to go, Finless! Glad to hear it gives a good impression. After my mk808 I was looking at the minix. I'm getting a bit tired of all those no brand chinese crap products. They seem ok, but then you discover things like bad WiFi reception or cooling is bad designed.
                        I'm especially interested if this box is more stable and faster than the mx808. And ac3/dts will hopefully work in the future. Guess its an android issue. But this hardware is at least ready for it. I will follow you with interrest!
                        Last edited by MaVe_64; 01-27-2013, 11:30.

Comment

Originally posted by jlcd View Post
                          Hi Bob,

I connected the Minix Neo X5 using ethernet, but I get a "No internet connection" message in the status bar while there´s in fact internet connection. Some applications got confused and refused to work because of that. Is there any solution for this?
                          I have the same problem with mx1 (Finless 1.5), many apps will simply ignore the LAN connection

Comment

Yes I am seeing this issue even on one of my tablets. So it appears to be some kind of Android issue.

However try this. Once ethernet is on, turn off wifi. Then go into to MORE and setup a wifi hotspot. This seems to tell Android to use ethernet and that wifi is on but is supporting a hotspot so it ignores it being off.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                              Yes I am seeing this issue even on one of my tablets. So it appears to be some kind of Android issue.

However try this. Once ethernet is on, turn off wifi. Then go into to MORE and setup a wifi hotspot. This seems to tell Android to use ethernet and that wifi is on but is supporting a hotspot so it ignores it being off.

Bob
                              Bob, once I enabled hotspot, it got stuck on turning wifi on but it never did (grayed out )
                              Just to add, all this on MX1

Comment

Thats odd.... try setting a static IP for ethernet. Or turn of wifi and then reboot. Then try hotspot.

I do not remember exactly what I did but it stopped having some things report no ethernet even though the status board still said no ethernet.

My Yuandao tablet does not have this problem so I am going to dig into services and see if I can figure it out.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X