Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote Problem

Hi all,

I just flashed "1080p & airpin disabled" and now my X5 remote no longer works at all on the Minix and the only way I can use the Minix is by using a USB Mouse with Keyboard, any ideas how I can get the remote working again? Also confirm the remote is working and was working before flashing, thanks.

Comment

When you say X5 remote are you talking about the app to run on a different device? If so, I believe there are 2 versions of it and I think only the earlier one runs on Finless. My experience is, however, that that remote control app is far from the best one. I gave it up for DroidMote (the server is not free but it is well worth it IMHO).

Originally posted by sojourner353 View Post
      Hi all,

I just flashed "1080p & airpin disabled" and now my X5 remote no longer works at all on the Minix and the only way I can use the Minix is by using a USB Mouse with Keyboard, any ideas how I can get the remote working again? Also confirm the remote is working and was working before flashing, thanks.

Comment

Hello, thanks for the reply, no it's not an app remote it's the IR one the Minix came with, been searching all day online and it seems I am the only person who has had this issue.

I have gone back to BorgDroid's ROM and it's working again, the reason I want this ROM is it's 1080p.

Originally posted by davidw View Post
        When you say X5 remote are you talking about the app to run on a different device? If so, I believe there are 2 versions of it and I think only the earlier one runs on Finless. My experience is, however, that that remote control app is far from the best one. I gave it up for DroidMote (the server is not free but it is well worth it IMHO).

Comment

Is this also for the MINIX Neo X5Mini?

If yes, will thit fix te freezes? It's makes me crazy. I never had it work good.

Comment

Re : CWM Minix Roms

Originally posted by Milan93 View Post
            Is this also for the MINIX Neo X5Mini?

If yes, will thit fix te freezes? It's makes me crazy. I never had it work good.
            No, sorry, only for Neo X5, not mini.

Comment

Originally posted by petrus View Post
              No, sorry, only for Neo X5, not mini.
              Sorry, i'm new here, i've tried to search for freezing topics but i can't find it.
              I have the Minix Neo X5 Mini.. and want this problem solved.

Do you know where i can find more tips or fixes?

Comment

Originally posted by Milan93 View Post
                Sorry, i'm new here, i've tried to search for freezing topics but i can't find it.
                I have the Minix Neo X5 Mini.. and want this problem solved.

Do you know where i can find more tips or fixes?
                I don't have a x5 mini, so i don't know much about it. Try to look at all the threads in the minix neo x5, g4 section. There are a few threads about the x5 mini. At least one of them seems to give links to official minix neo x5 mini firmwares.

Comment

Please, update CWM files to NEW - Minix X5 - Finless 1.3 custom ROM

Comment

Originally posted by jlcd View Post
                    Yes, I plan to make an update with 1.3 soon.

Comment

Originally posted by petrus View Post
                      Yes, I plan to make an update with 1.3 soon.

Comment

Originally posted by jlcd View Post
                        +1 please.
                        Thanks in advance

Comment

I updated the first post with new Finless 1.3 version.

Petrus.
                          Last edited by petrus; 01-16-2014, 20:25.

Comment

Many thanks for your work! Greetings from Russia

Comment

Many thanks from Seattle, WA USA as well. I am getting ready to install now. And thanks for keeping links to the 1.2b versions.

Comment

Big thank you for providing a CWM version of Bob's lovely 1.3 ROM, my X5 is loving it.

Only 1 small issue, am struggling to get running in 1080, have flashed several different non airpin 1080 kernels, but to no avail, when I go to the screen settings I only have 720 & lower resolutions available.

Am I missing something?

Cheers

Rich

Comment

Working...
                                X