Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWM Minix Neo X5 Roms

Hello,

Finless Bob released a new 1.3 version of his custom rom for the Minix Neo X5.
    For those who want to flash it with CWM, I used the images from his rom kit to make some CWM flashable zips.

For rom 1.2b I did 4 packages with different combinations of 1080p/720p and with or without airpin.
    This time, Bob added a set of overclocked kernels, which makes the number of different combinations too high to have a complete kit for each one.

So I made only one full ROM zip (with 720p and airpin disabled), but I also made multiple kernel flashable zips.

Here is the archive containing all these flashable zips :

neo_x5_finless_13_cwm.zip

So for example if you want 1080p with airpin enabled, OC GPU at 533Mhz, and DDR at 533Mhz you can flash the rom first : neo_x5_finless_13_720_noair.zip
    Then flash the kernel : kernels/neo_x5_finless_13_kernel_1080_air_oc_gpu533_ddr533 .zip

If you want to use another kernel later, you can simply flash the kernel package without flashing the full rom first.

Warning : this ROM is for Minix Neo X5 only. It won't work on other models. So DO NOT flash it on Neo X5 mini.

Also note that, due to the number of packages, I didn't test them all. So if you have problems with one of the zips, please report on this thread.

Enjoy

Thank you Finless for this great ROM, and thanks Leolas for the CWM zip package I used as a base.

The complete procedure :
    What will you do with it?
    - Download the package
    - Extract it on your SD card
    - If you have CWM installed, simply reboot to recovery, either with my "Reboot App" or with the specific way of your device to boot to recovery
    - If you don't have CWM installed, find a way to install it first, then go to the previous step
    - Once into CWM recovery, make a backup first (backup and restore > backup to external sdcard)
    - Wipe data if you want to flash the whole rom package and have another version.
    - Then choose "install zip from sdcard"
    - Then "install zip from external sdcard"
    - Then select the rom you want to flash
    - Then "Reboot system now"

For reference, here are the zips of the previous version (1.2b):

Finless ROM 1.2b 720p & airpin disabled
    Finless ROM 1.2b 720p & airpin enabled
    Finless ROM 1.2b 1080p & airpin disabled
    Finless ROM 1.2b 1080p & airpin enabled

As asked by some users, here is a CWM flashable zip of the new MINIX rom :
    NEO_X5_20140306_CWM.zip

It is just the stock rom (not even rooted) I extracted and re-packaged.
    I tested it, and it was flashed with no problem, over my previous install of Finless 1.3 rom + CWM.
    Last edited by petrus; 08-21-2014, 22:25. Reason: All links on freaktab ftp

thanks super
    Rockchip RK3066: Imito MX2 & minix neo x5
    Amlogic 8726-M6: Tronsmart Prometheus
    Android Tablet Archos titanium 10.1"
    Windows Tablet Pipo W1

Comment

Originally posted by petrus View Post
      Hello,
      /cut/

- If you don't have CWM installed, find a way to install it first (I'll make an android app soon), then go to the previous step

/cut/
      great work for this tutorial, but i'm happy to see that there will be apk for installation of CWM.

can't wait!!!

Comment

Re: CWM Minix Roms

One important thing is you can install it from internal sdcard, but you must have a microsd card inserted with at least 500 mb of free space, needed for the script to work coping a temp file.
        REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
        My devices:
        Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
        MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
        Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
        Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
        Gearbest.com)
        MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
        Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
          One important thing is you can install it from internal sdcard, but you must have a microsd card inserted with at least 500 mb of free space, needed for the script to work coping a temp file.
          Really? I installed this just fine from my internal storage without any sd card inserted.

Comment

Originally posted by Artimis View Post
            Really? I installed this just fine from my internal storage without any sd card inserted.
            And the new system is installed?, maybe in this zip I used internal sd, I will see it latter.
            Ok i look at the script, and I think your system.img was not flashed. The script used external sdcard to temporarily host system.img before flash it.
            Last edited by leolas; 04-10-2013, 21:34.
            My devices:
            Gearbest.com)
            Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

system.img was definitely flashed. I was unrooted stock before flashing (brand new X5 fresh from the box)......I installed CWM directly from the device (no PC) and then flashed the 1080p (no airpin) zip above. I am now definitley rooted with noticaeble changes over stock in the UI and under /system (e.g. build.prop, cursor image, etc.).

Edit: Screenshot

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-04-11-00-29-13.png
Views:	1
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	430003
              Last edited by Artimis; 04-11-2013, 08:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Artimis View Post
                system.img was definitely flashed. I was unrooted stock before flashing (brand new X5 fresh from the box)......I installed CWM directly from the device (no PC) and then flashed the 1080p (no airpin) zip above. I am now definitley rooted with noticaeble changes over stock in the UI and under /system (e.g. build.prop, cursor image, etc.).

Edit: Screenshot

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1980[/ATTACH]

juas thas good.Ok I think that I know why it works, maybe system.img was copied to /external_sd folder and an external_sd was not mounted. I used the external sdcard to temporally host the file system.img cause some times the file was not installed properly from /tmp
                Thanks for your report
                But if sometimes it doesn't work for some of you, pls insert a sdcard with 500Mb of free space, and sure it will work.
                My devices:
                Gearbest.com)

Comment

Nice work on this, i was hoping that finless would be ported to a CWM recovery deal.. beats the heck out having to hook up to the pc.. when ever i want to change roms.... so far im only on 720p... 1080p seems a bit laggy for the power of the minix... but perhaps a bit of over clocking would help... well anyhow... thanks for putting these packages together... and a big thinks to finless again.. makes these silly android boxes quite a bit of fun..

Comment

For the Neo X5 CWM is a perfect solution because I have not changed the formatting of NAND (parameter file). But if someone ever wants that changed, CWM will not do it. Many of my other TV stick ROMs require a parameter file change because the idiots that make these ROM leave you only 512MB of APP space. Thus at least the first ROM flash your still stuck using s PC.

Bob
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

fastest rom instal i ever did, i would recommend it to everyone.
                      petrus thank you
                      Rockchip RK3066: Imito MX2 & minix neo x5
                      Amlogic 8726-M6: Tronsmart Prometheus
                      Android Tablet Archos titanium 10.1"
                      Windows Tablet Pipo W1

Comment

If you want I have a cwm zip to change only kernel, and if you want I can made 1 to change kernel and boot, so if you want to switch resolution only, without touch the other staff I can give you the stuff to make that.
                        My devices:
                        Gearbest.com)

Comment

Thanks OP, great job! ....and naturally thanks Bob for the ROM

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                            That's strange since my X5 extSD won't even mount in CWM 6.0.2.8

Comment

hello,
                              is it possible to use a usb or do i need an sd card ?

Comment

Working...
                              X