Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a complete n00b guide to root and flash the MINIX NEO X5 MINI? Because i really don´t know how to do it lol...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a complete n00b guide to root and flash the MINIX NEO X5 MINI? Because i really don´t know how to do it lol...

Dear Freaktab community,

I am a complete and total n00b, when it comes to these devices.

And i will hopefully be receiving my NEO X5 MINI in a couple of weeks, but it still has the stock firmware and android 4.1.1. on it.

How do i go about rooting the thing and flashing new firmware on it? I am a complete n00b to flashing (yeah i flashed my old original XBOX 1 years ago ) . There are a lot of guides explaining it in a technical sense, often explained for slightly advanced users, but i haven´t been able to find a simple one for n00bs like me.

So any help on rooting and flashing the thing would be fantastic! I still do not own the device, but i´d thought i would take initiative and post here.

So any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!

Originally posted by Watts View Post
    Dear Freaktab community,

I am a complete and total n00b, when it comes to these devices.

And i will hopefully be receiving my NEO X5 MINI in a couple of weeks, but it still has the stock firmware and android 4.1.1. on it.

How do i go about rooting the thing and flashing new firmware on it? I am a complete n00b to flashing (yeah i flashed my old original XBOX 1 years ago ) . There are a lot of guides explaining it in a technical sense, often explained for slightly advanced users, but i haven´t been able to find a simple one for n00bs like me.

So any help on rooting and flashing the thing would be fantastic! I still do not own the device, but i´d thought i would take initiative and post here.

So any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!
    Hi found this on xda copied pasted text can't put the link to it on here though,but should be able to find it if you copy paste TPSparky bit of the text in a google search the page should be in the list of found searches with xda in the address of the link,the file is on the site to download,use something like freearc to extract it,here's all the text of the guide from the mentioned page.

Select "Connect PC" after all reboots on device.

Device has to be connected as mass storage. USB Development has to be selected. And connect pc via usb. Select "Connect USB" on the device. Run TPSparkyRoot.bat file. Follow instructions.

I my self have no idea what the NEO is i gather it might be a tv dongle rk series chipset? Any way it's a start for you and should assist you i hope?
    What is the world if you don't explore?

Comment

Originally posted by PHYSC View Post
      Hi found this on xda copied pasted text can't put the link to it on here though,but should be able to find it if you copy paste TPSparky bit of the text in a google search the page should be in the list of found searches with xda in the address of the link,the file is on the site to download,use something like freearc to extract it,here's all the text of the guide from the mentioned page.

Select "Connect PC" after all reboots on device.

Device has to be connected as mass storage. USB Development has to be selected. And connect pc via usb. Select "Connect USB" on the device. Run TPSparkyRoot.bat file. Follow instructions.

I my self have no idea what the NEO is i gather it might be a tv dongle rk series chipset? Any way it's a start for you and should assist you i hope?
      Awesome i will check it out!!! I think i might have made a mistake by ordering this device, there is still very little support for it. The MINIX NEO X5 MINI is the MINI version of the MINIX NEO X5, the dual core equivalent of the MINIX NEO X7 which is quad core.

Comment

SHAME

Awesome i will check it out!!! I think i might have made a mistake by ordering this device, there is still very little support for it. The MINIX NEO X5 MINI is the MINI version of the MINIX NEO X5, the dual core equivalent of the MINIX NEO X7 which is quad core.
        It would be a shame if you have ordered a dual core,but having said that they will still be damn quick for a little tv box regardless.And apparently they have quad core graphics so should still impress.

Comment

Originally posted by PHYSC View Post
          It would be a shame if you have ordered a dual core,but having said that they will still be damn quick for a little tv box regardless.And apparently they have quad core graphics so should still impress.

Yeah i am not worried about quad vs dual core, the machine is quite fast will suit my needs. I am planning on using for the XBMC, browsing and the occasional app. Not really demanding stuff or anything like that, but my problem might be ROM support. I hope that Bob and the crew have not given up on dual core, i mean it would be a shame really, nonetheless this device even unrooted on stock firmware should be good.

Thanks PHYSC

Comment

TRIED?

Yeah i am not worried about quad vs dual core, the machine is quite fast will suit my needs. I am planning on using for the XBMC, browsing and the occasional app. Not really demanding stuff or anything like that, but my problem might be ROM support. I hope that Bob and the crew have not given up on dual core, i mean it would be a shame really, nonetheless this device even unrooted on stock firmware should be good.

Thanks PHYSC
            Have you asked Lewy20041 if he has any plans or has made any prior firmware rom for the device,if like me you like his work as i do i have donated,his work is phenominal i suggest looking at his just xbmc projects they have everything you want and more inclusive.Maybe if you make a request he can assist in production if he gets the time,or if extremely lucky another device with the same chips may be cross compatible with your neo mate?

Comment

Working...
            X