MK808B and HDMI audio passthrough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK808B and HDMI audio passthrough

Hi folks. Hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction. I am looking for a firmware that the HDMI audio passthrough works correctly on for the MK808B. I see people who have an MK808 seem to have it working with the latest firmware from geek buying. I have tried the latest firmware for the MK808B on geek buying http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php.../#.Ut-bmyenzGg . But it makes no difference when selecting the option 'ROCKCHIP HDMI 5POINT1 MULTICHANNEL' under sound output devices. I still only get PCM stereo on my amplifier. I have tried MX player with custom codec and BS Player but to no avail.

If somebody can tell me what to do or has a firmware I can flash from recovery that would work would be great as most of my movies are AC3 or DTS. Any help would be much appreciated .

Have you tried with the latest stock rom from geekbuying and using the latest xbmc nightly? Select HDMI 5.1 in android settings, and in xbmc as well... Then when you are playing the video go the video settings on the right lower corner and turn on the "passthrough" option... Tell me if it works..

Comment

Originally posted by joaomfds View Post
      Have you tried with the latest stock rom from geekbuying and using the latest xbmc nightly? Select HDMI 5.1 in android settings, and in xbmc as well... Then when you are playing the video go the video settings on the right lower corner and turn on the "passthrough" option... Tell me if it works..
      I have tried that, but there is no passthrough option when playing video. I can set output to HDMI but just get noise. If I look under audio in system the passthrough option shows "Error- no devices found."

Comment

I'm using xbmc monthly Gotham 13.11. After selecting 5.1 in android settings and also 5.1 in xbmc settings menu I started a video with dts 5.1, clicked on the audio icon during the video and the option was there... Maybe you have a different xbmc version? I really think that is it. Most versions of xbmc have that option you mentioned that doesn't work. Only the alpha versions of xbmc Gotham (13.11 and more recent) have this option and it does not show up in the settings menu, but on the movie playing sound menu...

Comment

Just to be clear you are using an MK808B with the latest update form geek buying update_mk808b_v407j2404_overseas.rar. you have 'ROCKCHIP HDMI 5POINT1 MULTICHANNEL' under sound output selected are using xbmc monthly Gotham 13.11. Do you have a link to this version of XBMC so I can give it a try. I had downloaded the nightly version which was xbmc-12.3-Frodo-armeabi-v7a.apk

Comment

I am using the same rom as you...
            This is the latest nightly which should be more stable and have that function.
            XBMC 13 (Gotham) is the latest version and these nightly builds are getting better and more stable everyday...
            Tell me if it worked for you...

Comment

Unfortunately that did not work either. It does have the pass through option but it appears to do nothing. The strange thing is I can play the same films through the same HDMI port with my ps3 and I get all the lights lighting up on my amplifier for 5.1 sound.

Comment

I am in the same position as dominoman - latest nightly of XBMC does not provide any sort of surround sound, regardless of whether the passthrough option is on or off. I've tested and I can get 5.1 sound (using ROCKCHIP HDMI 5POINT1 MULTICHANNEL) from MX Player and eHomeMediaCentre, but not from BSPlayer or, strangely, VLC.

My receiver isn't sophisticated enough for me to verify whether DTS is being passed through by MX Player/eHomeMediaCentre and then being decoded, or whether the MK808B itself is decoding it into 5.1 channels, but either way the correct sound comes out of the correct speaker. XBMC seems to just do 2 channels regardless of any other settings.

I have posted on the XBMC Android forums too, and am awaiting a response...

Comment

Originally posted by pirsquared View Post
                  XBMC seems to just do 2 channels regardless of any other settings.
                  I think it was said in another thread that you need to actually change this while the video is playing. Move your mouse so the overlay comes up, then click the speaker icon (not the volume up/down ones, but the other one). Then there's a setting there that you can enable the 5.1

Sorry, I can't test this myself at the moment. I can look for the post that details this for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bueno View Post
                    there's a setting there that you can enable the 5.1
                    Yep, this is the menu that I've been enabling and disabling passthrough in. The other settings in there all relate to volume, audio stream, and subtitles - nothing that relates specifically to 5.1.

Comment

Originally posted by pirsquared View Post
                      Yep, this is the menu that I've been enabling and disabling passthrough in. The other settings in there all relate to volume, audio stream, and subtitles - nothing that relates specifically to 5.1.
                      Ah ok, I'm not sure. There is some discussion about 5.1 in the Flumpster XBMC thread --- not sure if these will apply to your setup but might be worth reading:

Comment

I guess there's no version of XBMC capable of 5.1 on the MK808/B... But with the latest official firmware from Nov.2013 and MXPlayer it appears people are getting true 5.1... Give it a try. If you do get real 5.1 audio output, you can install the latest XBMC nightly and put a playercorefactory.xml file with the proper settings in the sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/userdata/.
                        This will allow you to set it up in 2 different ways: instantly open mxplayer and play the file just by clicking on it (pretty straightforward); click letter C on your keyboard with the video selected and it will give you a "play with" dialog that lets you select with which program you want to play the file with...
                        It's sad but it seems this is the only way so far to get 5.1...

Sad. It seems the hardware supports it but XBMC team could not implement it? The last nightly is pretty good but I still get the random 1080p video no playing properly on XBMC so I have that option to open in mxplayer turned on for whenever that happens...

Comment

It's sad but it seems this is the only way so far to get 5.1...
                          New Flumpster XBMC is apparently pre-configured to allow you to play videos with MX Player via context menu

Option to use MX Player as the playback device in context menu (Local and Streams only, SMB does not work)

Good for anyone who doesn't want to configure a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Bueno View Post
                            New Flumpster XBMC is apparently pre-configured to allow you to play videos with MX Player via context menu

Good for anyone who doesn't want to configure a lot.
                            Hi guys! Anyone knows of a ROM with HDMI passthrough option on Android Settings menu? So far this seems to be the only way of gettings passthrough to work together with libmedia.so patched file and patched XBMC... If anyone knows of a ROM with this, please reply...

Comment

Hi guys! Anyone knows of a ROM with HDMI passthrough option on Android Settings menu? So far this seems to be the only way of gettings passthrough to work together with libmedia.so patched file and patched XBMC... If anyone knows of a ROM with this, please reply...
                              Some of latest Uhost2 ROM's i thinks 24.10 version have that option

Comment

Working...
                              X