iPEGTOP MK808 clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPEGTOP MK808 clone

I was pretty set on getting a CX-919 but I came across an **** auction for a white MK808 from iPEGTOP and won it for $25.99 shipping included. I couldn't pass on that! I will probably still get that CX-919 but for $26 I can tinker and take it with me everywhere. Does anybody own the one I'm talking about? I'm hoping the standard Finless ROM will work on it.

As a secondary thought, is there a way to hook up a SATA device to an MK808? That would be pretty cool

According to Amazon, the ipegtop mk808 comes with rk901 wifi chip, so all standard mk808 roms should work.
    You can use a SATA to USB converter to connect a SATA HDD. I never tried it but i guess it works.

Comment

iPegtop MK808 Update

I tried to find if there were any rules against commenting of threads of a certain age and could not find anything, so if this is a no-no I sincerely apologize.

Update: After a year of using my iPegtop branded MK808 I am pleased to report that it is still working great! It is powered on about 4 to 6 hours a day and actually operating most of that time. I do tend to leave it run and turn the screen off to do chores or running. The only noticeable change has been that when it was new, after boot-up it would take about 10 seconds to acquire the wifi and be usable. Now, it takes about 40 seconds after boot-up to be usable. It will respond but if I hit the YouTube App right after it gets the wifi hooked up the app will crash. It acts almost like it needs to warm up and stabilize temperature before it will act right. Is it possible that the heatsink may have come loose? It would make sense if that were the issue. Either way, I wait 1 minute from applying power and it's golden. After 6 hours of constant streaming it's barely warm! It has to be the best $26 purchase I have ever made!

I understand that this is an older model, and many people are looking at newer quad-core sticks & boxes, but I I just wanted to put this out there that this has been a very high quality product and if you catch an auction for cheap, it's a good buy! Every time I look at upgrading, I keep wondering if I even need to? If I do, my daughter has called "dibs" on the MK808.

Comment

Working...
      X