X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instruction for restoring STOCK ROM on MK808b from Finless 2.1

Hi folks,

I'm new at this so please bare with me.
    After my original MK808b stopped booting, I flashed it with Finless Custom ROM 2.1
    I'm just curious, what the procedure is for restoring to latest STOCK ROM for MK808b?
    Reason for asking is that in the README file included in Finless Custom ROM, says following (red):

2) Debloated of a huge amount of crap apps!
    Oh and the stock ROM was waisting a ton of NAND space!
    They had defined system.img to be DOUBLE that of normal ROMs.
    This was to handle the huge system.img that they filled with a ton of bloat!
    I reduced the parameter file from 200000 for system back to 100000 after debloat.
    Realize that with these reduced parameter files, the original system.img wont fit.
    So to go back to stock ROM you will need to erase NAND and use the original parameter files.
    I have provided the original parameter file in the ROM kit named parameter_original.
    I have searched the internet and forums and found different old threads saying that other tools are needed to flash and the STOCK ROM is only an .img file, where as the Flash tool provided by Finless is containing:

Can I use this tool and do what do I have to change?

Thanks if someone could clarify.

Use Rockchip patch tool to flash the single img firmware. It is included in the finless roms in a folder called "alternate reboot to flash tool " or something like this. Choose your img file and klick "restore" to flash it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by phinc View Post
      Use Rockchip patch tool to flash the single img firmware. It is included in the finless roms in a folder called "alternate reboot to flash tool " or something like this. Choose your img file and klick "restore" to flash it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
      Thank you so much for sharing the info.
      But still I'm a bit skeptic to what it means with section 2) in the README file.
      Why does it say:
      "Realize that with these reduced parameter files, the original system.img wont fit.So to go back to stock ROM you will need to erase NAND and use the original parameter files.
      I have provided the original parameter file in the ROM kit named parameter_original."

You have to understand I don't want to risk Bricking my device

Comment

Dont' worry, the firmware in the single img format contains its own parameter file.

Comment

Originally posted by phinc View Post
          Dont' worry, the firmware in the single img format contains its own parameter file.

Thanks for your help.

I will give it a go

Comment

Working...
          X