Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help locating firmware with working Wifi for RK901 / Netxeon MK808B v1.0

Hi there,

I've been dabbling with these for a few months and have had no issues until this one stick.

I purchased it off a local seller in my city and it bears the following markers on the board when I pop off the case.

Netxeon MK808B_V1.0_20130608
    RK901
    T0CB005

Anyways,

Went to pop Finless onto it and everything is fine - except Wifi.

I've tried various other versions of Finless as well as bundles / img files and at best I can get the stick to boot, but again no Wifi and worse case I have to short pins 8,9 to erase the nand to get access to the device.

I've even tried the firmware from the vendor (.img file) but the device ends up appearing bricked, and I have to short the pins to get access to it again.

Has anyone got a working firmware, either a stock backup or other variant that will allow Wifi to work?

Based on the link below it's got the following. MK808 - RK901 (BCM40181 - Broadcom 4329 Based Chipset)

Any help would be appreciated.

-Wm

It is strange that it says MK808B and at the same time rk901. The rk901 is the wireless chip of the MK808 (non B) and has no bluetooth capability.
    But since it is a rk901 chip, you can try to flash a finless rom for the mk808 (non B). It's definately worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by phinc View Post
      It is strange that it says MK808B and at the same time rk901. The rk901 is the wireless chip of the MK808 (non B) and has no bluetooth capability.
      But since it is a rk901 chip, you can try to flash a finless rom for the mk808 (non B). It's definately worth a try.

Thanks for your reply,

Odd thing is I literally just noticed that myself last night as I was writing up the post. All the firmware bundles / images I've been flashing we're for 808 and then I spotted 808b and thought wow that's odd.

Anyways, tried finless 2.1 808b version last night and no joy.

Comment

Have you tried the one from netxeon.com?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Quick snap of my device, took this from my phone last night.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	mk808b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	194.0 KB
ID:	433366

Comment

Have you tried the one from netxeon.com?

Just doubled back and downloaded the version for the mk808b and no joy, previously it also failed with the mk808 firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by Driftwood View Post
              Just doubled back and downloaded the version for the mk808b and no joy, previously it also failed with the mk808 firmware.
              Fixed - but some interesting tidbits.

Used the mk808b image from the vendor.

It actually flashed without error, but was in a stuck at the Android screen.

Booted into recovery mode, did the usual thing from there clear cache and wipe.

After that, it still appeared stuck, but after about 5 mins of sitting while surfing it cam alive and subsequent reboots are normal.

Wifi is working, bluetooth is not (I have no use for BT anyways) now to make the backup!

Image used was update_mk808b_v405j2402.img

Comment

Bluetooth can't work because your stick does not have Bluetooth ;-). Good that it works now. Would be nice if you could post a link to the working firmware for other people with the same stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Driftwood View Post
                  After that, it still appeared stuck, but after about 5 mins of sitting while surfing it cam alive and subsequent reboots are normal.
                  Waiting about a 5 minuts is normal procedure when u reflashing new image into your stick.
                  Good job

Comment

Originally posted by Adainair View Post
                    Waiting about a 5 minuts is normal procedure when u reflashing new image into your stick.
                    Good job

Thanks

Having a weird issue with XBMC where my display toggles on and off, but that's another post.

If anyone runs across this model, firmware came from this link - http://pan.baidu.com/wap/link?uk=203...841747&third=0

Which is is a link from netxeon.com on the download page.

Comment

Working...
                    X