Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MK808B coming with REALTEK WiFi/BT solution (ORIGINAL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mike808 View Post
    With these new sticks, you cannot just flash an older image made for the RK903 or RK901 devices and lose the wifi/bt capability like before. Flashing another image made for the RK903 or RK901 wifi chipsets will render the device unbootable.
    Yep, we found this out the hard way...there was no notification that the sticks we received were going to be different than previous sticks we had ordered.

I was able to flash the latest stock rom for the MK808B RK903 chipset but device would not boot. Then I extracted the boot.img, and recover.img files from the new stock firmware image made for the realtek wifi and flashed only those two images using finless tool and it did boot up, however, I had no wifi. Wifi would not turn on.
    We could live without WiFi, as we are using USB-Ethernet adapters for these devices. How did you accomplish the extraction of the boot and recover img files?

When the stock firmware has always been rooted, why did they make it unrooted this time. I was able to fix this myself by replacing the su file in xbin folder under system.img. But why are the factory doing this?
    If we were able to replace the boot and recover as you did above, would the stick be rooted?

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
      but you can write the request you need, i will talk with bob,and factory, and try to release a new custom rom.
      We need a rooted 1080p ROM for these new sticks (we have 100 sticks we need to image). Is there something we can do to facilitate getting updated ROMs created?

Comment

The wifi is RTL8723BS via SDIO.
        Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Originally posted by danilocelic View Post
          How did you accomplish the extraction of the boot and recover img files?
          For those interested, I found out how to do this using a tool called imgRePacker that I found at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2257331

I used that tool to extract the boot and recovery IMG files from the stock ROM posted earlier in this thread. I flashed my device with Finless ROM 2.1 ( http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...inless-ROM-2-1 ) I used the 720p kernel and boot IMG as the stock ROM is 720p. I then immediately flashed the device only with the boot and recovery from the stock ROM.

Comment

I used this tool: RK3xxx_firmware_tools_4.2.80.00, to extract the image. Then I extracted the system image. Replaced the su file in system/xbin folder and recompiled the system image and also recompiled the whole firmware image. This roots the device. Also a program called vroot also works well.

Comment

In the process of uploading a patched stock firmware for this device which gives it full root access and also solves the stuttering issue. 1080P can be obtained using terminal emulator and using the following commands:

su
              am display-size 1080x1920
              am display-density 240

Also, make sure to change the lcd density in build.prop as well from 160 to 240. This will give you true 1080P resolution and you only have to do it once, stick will remember the settings. The latest SPMC version spmc-armeabi-v7a_13.2.0 gives best results in video playback of 1080P content, very smooth. You can also use your choice of xbmc nightly or beyond xbmc as well. No more stuttering. I achieved this by patching the kernel with rkpatchomatic-master tool using vsyncfixomatic script, which miraclously worked on this RK3066 kernel. My understaing was that it was only for the RK3188 kernels.

Comment

Here's the link to the patched firmware:

LINK

Comment

Here's the link to the patched firmware:

LINK
                  Hi Mike808, Have you tried it on with Mk808B with RK903 (old version)? and Could you share your firmware 4.2.3 for Mk808B with RK903, I still use 4.1. Thx a lot!

Comment

please forgive my ignorance.

so i was stupid and didnt back up my device and just tried flashing the newest finless to this device. as you know this caused me not to be able to use it.

if i flash the above will i be able to use it again?

Comment

How to flash?

After some reserching and taking my device apart I have new MK808B v5 board as described on first posting.
                      I am a newbee here.
                      How to flash this? using what tool?
                      Can I back up the stock rom? using what tool?

Just asking for help.
                      Thanks

Comment

Use the RK Batch tool to flash this firmware on the new v5 MK808B. Load the firmware files and press restore.

Comment

One thing I fail to understand is why people are buying more expensive devices to use xbmc when this cheap little thing (i paid 32 bucks for it) plays full 1080p content flawlessly. I found with the new wifi chipset the wifi is improved as well.

Comment

Mike thank you so much.
                            Yeah I paid about same.
                            Will it play Netflix? The stock will not.
                            Or should I downgrade to 4.1?

Comment

No VPN

hi guys thanks for the modded rom to allow root. i have tried private internet access on this but it will not work. i have tried to install TUN.KO installer to load the tun module which it does however when i try to run private internet access the box just reboots. i cannot run any vpn from it either subscribed or free, i have also tried open vpn to no avail, any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnoo View Post
                                I got one of these new MK808B, noticed straight away the colours are not quite right.

To be fair, the developers / factory listened to us, got some new Mk808B with new firmware installed, fixed the colour and stutter issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X