Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MK808B coming with REALTEK WiFi/BT solution (ORIGINAL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK808B coming with REALTEK WiFi/BT solution (ORIGINAL)

We have received first production of the new MK808B v5 board. This is the ORIGINAL, so from now the MK808B will come with REALTEK WiFi/BT solution unstead RK903.

Here is a picture:

I'll share a link of the new stock firmware (ASAP).

Regards
    Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
    We have received first production of the new MK808B v5 board. This is the ORIGINAL, so from now the MK808B will come with REALTEK WiFi/BT solution unstead RK903.

Here is a picture:

I'll share a link of the new stock firmware (ASAP).

Regards

is that rt8188. If so I hope the firmware for UG802 Kitkat will work with it. I tried the firmware and it was great.
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
      is that rt8188. If so I hope the firmware for UG802 Kitkat will work with it. I tried the firmware and it was great.
      How about performance? Kit Kat over a MK808B looks hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
        How about performance? Kit Kat over a MK808B looks hazardous
        Kit Kat is made for low end requirements. It was the most responsive. I thought 4.2.2 was great...but kit kat seemed better....sadly i could get no audio...i was trying on for ug007 and mk809....but just found another one for ug802....will test tonight....Videos in XMBC were the best i tried....i have 2 high bitrate movies i test with and it played them like a champ. XBMC also went full screen on its own.
        Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

I guess this is the stock rom:
          百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

Comment

I wonder why they keep the production line for rk3066 boards. Rk3188 its way too cheap now plus it has better support from community.
            Mk808 its dead almost a year now, and i doubt anyone will bother cooking any rom for this "upgrade".

Comment

Originally posted by phinc View Post
              I guess this is the stock rom:
              http://pan.baidu.com/s/1i31KJSL
              It is

Comment

Last edited by Johnoo; 07-04-2014, 22:19.

Comment

I got one of these new MK808B, noticed straight away the colours are not quite right.

After some testing, the yellow colouring is incorrect.
                  Pictures taken by the same camera on the same monitor.

Top half showing colors of new `Mk808B Realtek wifi` , yellow should be yellow not orange.
                  Bottom half from previous `Mk808B Rk903 WiFi chip`, this is how the colors should look like.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	433989

Original jpeg picture used for testing.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	colorbars-wallpaper.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	433990
                  Last edited by Johnoo; 07-04-2014, 05:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnoo View Post
                    I got one of these new MK808B, noticed straight away the colours are not quite right.

After some testing, the yellow colouring is incorrect.
                    Pictures taken by the same camera on the same monitor.

Top half showing colors of new `Mk808B Realtek wifi` , yellow should be yellow not orange.
                    Bottom half from previous `Mk808B Rk903 WiFi chip`, this is how the colors should look like.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6914[/ATTACH]

Original jpeg picture used for testing.
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]6915[/ATTACH]

I reported your test to factory.

Comment

I just got this particular stick, but it's not rooted. How can I root this thing? I tried installing the firmware for the rk903 and changing the kernel with kernel extracted from this stick's rom but that doesn't work, the device won't boot up.

Comment

At my company, we're seeing a similar issue. When we flash these new MK808B with the RealTek WiFi chip in it using the Finless ROM 2.1 (1080p kernel if it matters), the sticks won't boot (we only see two penguins on the screen). We reset the sticks using: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...W-WIFI-CHIPSET (1080p not available yet) and we're able to at least start the devices.

However, we need to have rooted 1080p support for what we're doing. I'm new here to the forum, so I don't know who to ask or where to ask someone about getting such a ROM made available (). If you know where I should go, please let me know.

Enjoy,
                        Danilo

Comment

With these new sticks, you cannot just flash an older image made for the RK903 or RK901 devices and lose the wifi/bt capability like before. Flashing another image made for the RK903 or RK901 wifi chipsets will render the device unbootable.

I was able to flash the latest stock rom for the MK808B RK903 chipset but device would not boot. Then I extracted the boot.img, and recover.img files from the new stock firmware image made for the realtek wifi and flashed only those two images using finless tool and it did boot up, however, I had no wifi. Wifi would not turn on.

I'm guessing they are doing this on purpose, they don't want people to buy this cheap and wonderful solution for xbmc anymore, and force them to buy the more expensive quad core sticks?

When the stock firmware has always been rooted, why did they make it unrooted this time. I was able to fix this myself by replacing the su file in xbin folder under system.img. But why are the factory doing this?

I've had perfect 1080p playback on the pre realtek mk808 and mk808b using gotham alpha build with latest libstagefright added. That was not needed anymore with Beyond Xbmc. 1080p Video playback was perfect and smooth with BXBMC even when using a 1080P kernel. These guys messed up a good thing. Shame on them.

Comment

Would love to get CWM to work, regular Mk808B CWM bricks it,

tried various methods, any ideas welcome.
                            Last edited by Johnoo; 07-14-2014, 20:42.

Comment

Because the rk903 is out of stock, so they have to change to RTL8188. I try to push them to use the rk903 again, however, it is really out of stock. sorry guys.
                              but you can write the request you need, i will talk with bob,and factory, and try to release a new custom rom.

Eric
                              Looking for developers
                              http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Working...
                              X