MK808B SetCPU Recommended Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK808B SetCPU Recommended Settings

Hi I have a couple of questions regarding SetCpu settings to clarify previous threads.
    I have set the governor, thanks for the recommendation Shomari to Ondemand.
    Then I get confused regarding the sliding scale, do i set the min and max values the same since the device is mains powered and not reliant on a battery. My current settings are 1416 Max 1416Min.
    Secondly do I select noop deadline or cfq for scheduler?

Thanks

Ed

OTE=eddieaok;224845]Hi I have a couple of questions regarding SetCpu settings to clarify previous threads.
    I have set the governor, thanks for the recommendation Shomari to Ondemand.
    Then I get confused regarding the sliding scale, do i set the min and max values the same since the device is mains powered and not reliant on a battery. My current settings are 1416 Max 1416Min.
    Secondly do I select noop deadline or cfq for scheduler?

Thanks

Ed
    [/QUOTE]

I'll send you a script so you don't have to run a program.
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

here is the script. If you are using my rom it is already there in your init.d folder. If not copy and paste and put in the init.d folder and chmod 755. If you dont have init.d let me know and i can give you steps to turn on.

It sets interactive and high speed frequency. By setting the high speed freq to 1608000 as soon as you move the mouse it ramps up to max speed. You get a very good response from the unit.

The tradeoff is that you should probably use a fan or better heatsink or backoff to slower speed.

Code:
      #!/system/bin/sh
      sleep 15s
      echo "interactive" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
      echo "interactive" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor
      echo "1608000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/hispeed_freq

# Available frequencies for hispeed_freq are 252000, 504000, 816000, 1008000, 120000, 1272000, 1416000, 1512000, 1608000
      # Make a cwm backup before pushing. If you have issues try IPad charger and good usb cable or make a usb cable.
      # You do not need to run a program like setcpu with this script in use.
      Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Thanks for the script Prajister
        I am running your rom 1.2
        With Setcpu l noticed a marked increase in Antutu benchmark score Over 18600 Increasing the frequency using the script only throughout the range resulted in values averaging 15000 when benchmarking, could this be due to file permissions, the boxes seem correctly ticked for 755
        Ed

Comment

Originally posted by eddieaok View Post
          Thanks for the script Prajister
          I am running your rom 1.2
          With Setcpu l noticed a marked increase in Antutu benchmark score Over 18600 Increasing the frequency using the script only throughout the range resulted in values averaging 15000 when benchmarking, could this be due to file permissions, the boxes seem correctly ticked for 755
          Ed

You can make the same changes that you are using with the application with the script. Just go look at the folders like in the script. You should be able to amend. If not let me know..

I am a bit concerned. You are pushing the cpu to full speed a 100% of the time with that setting 1406min 1406max. You should get18k-19k with mine stock with the new An-tutu scoring. Check the highspeed on the script that is with the rom. I think only set it to 1.2ghz out of the box in the event someone has a bad power supply. If you set to 1608000 you should get similar results.

Comment

Working...
          X