• Show
Clear All

MK808B V5 Realtek Prah 1.1 Latest 10/21/14 720 & 1080

Based off of latest rom.
    Netflix no longer stutters.
    Google Movies and TV is working.
    Kit Kat launcher.
    init.d
    I applied vsync fix for micro stutter and several oc kernels.
    Converted from kernel in boot to kernel in its own partition.
    init.d

2 cpu scripts. If you find yours unstable/too hot. Delete or move the cpuperformance script in /system/etc/init.d. Or get a better power supply/fan.
    What the cpu performance script does is enable the performance governor if cpu utilization is over 50%. It polls every 5 sec.

I recommend the stock cpu. Stock GPU and any of the ddr. You will have to test your own. Each device is a little different. When testing if you need to change the kernel. Uncheck system and misc so you don't wipe your device and it will flash quicker. I was able to get over 20k on Antutu and super smooth ui.

All updates have been applied but they just released a new play store. Mine was acting weird until it updated.

After flashing it will be a little sluggish on first boot. Let sit then reboot. On first boot the scripts don't work.

For 1080 you have to use the stock stock 466 kernel or it will drop 1 frame every 2-3 seconds on high bit rate movies. I couldn't notice the one frame but know it is happening.

Interesting enough they included the 4k xbmc. I put it in the /system folder. I haven't tested it. Kinda curious to see how many fps it can get on a 4k movie.

SPMC from the play store works wonderfully.

If you link please use the tiny url. I like to keep track of how many downloads.

I found an error in the cpuperformance script that I failed to remove when I was testing. It is in the /system/etc/init.d directory.

remove these 2 lines

echo "perf" >> /system/etc/log.log
    echo "int" >> /system/etc/log.log
    remove the /system/etc/log.log file

It will fill up you space
    Last edited by prahjister; 10-31-2014, 02:45.
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Does it work with the original mk808 non b? Is it based on android 4.2?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by gurzo82 View Post
      Does it work with the original mk808 non b? Is it based on android 4.2?

Thank you
      It is for newer v5 and v4.2.2.

I run it on my non b original with an ethernet adapter....way better than any rom that i used. I think it is better then the kitkat....I would highly suggest giving it a shot if you can deal without bt and wifi.

I cant test but i think passthrough works. I think it will mount an external blueray player as well. I see programming for it.
      Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
        It is for newer v5 and v4.2.2.

I run it on my non b original with an ethernet adapter....way better than any rom that i used. I think it is better then the kitkat....I would highly suggest giving it a shot if you can deal without bt and wifi.

I cant test but i think passthrough works. I think it will mount an external blueray player as well. I see programming for it.

i will try it for sure...it could be great if BalintBanyasz could do a kernel for wifi usb dongle as he did for kitkat...

Comment

i will try it for sure...it could be great if BalintBanyasz could do a kernel for wifi usb dongle as he did for kitkat...
          I did test making a kernel from his source and unchecked kitkat in menu config....but it didn't work.

It is from that source i believe. It uses the 2.13 loader...the same as kitkat.

I wonder if a module could be compiled to enable?

Comment

So this will work on an MK808B originally bought from Geekbuying a couple of years ago?

No wifi in this ROM but if you use a USB to Ethernet connector all will be good?

Comment

Originally posted by reni10 View Post
              So this will work on an MK808B originally bought from Geekbuying a couple of years ago?

No wifi in this ROM but if you use a USB to Ethernet connector all will be good?
              yest that is correct. No wifi or bt. Everything else works.

Comment

antutu

i know it is just a number but i was able to get 20959 on antutu with stock stock 677.

But i am settling on stock stock 533 20429.....not worth burning my device up

Comment

Hi.
                  I recently bought a MK808B (August 2014, it is one with a serial number) and tried to flash Finless Bob's ROMs, didn't work. So posted a plea for help and was directed to your Thread dated 09-24-2014 (reply to my plea suggested that my 808B was a V5 device). Yesterday I downloaded your ROM and my 808B is back working, so thank you for that. My query now is would I be better going to your most recent Thread and changing to that ROM? I am not really computer savvy (which is probably why I messed up in the first place!!).
                  Thank you.
                  Bob H.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkinob View Post
                    Hi.
                    I recently bought a MK808B (August 2014, it is one with a serial number) and tried to flash Finless Bob's ROMs, didn't work. So posted a plea for help and was directed to your Thread dated 09-24-2014 (reply to my plea suggested that my 808B was a V5 device). Yesterday I downloaded your ROM and my 808B is back working, so thank you for that. My query now is would I be better going to your most recent Thread and changing to that ROM? I am not really computer savvy (which is probably why I messed up in the first place!!).
                    Thank you.
                    Bob H.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...inless-problem
                    If you have the drivers installed you have the hard part done...If you watch netflix....it is worth it to upgrade....

Comment

Hi,
                      Thank you for your reply. You seem to indicate that you will be amending a couple of items so for now I'll stay as is, again thanks for rescuing me! Somehow I'll keep an eye open for future updates you post, I don''t come to Freaktab too often as I can''t contribute.
                      Thanks.
                      Bob H.

Comment

I`ll give this a try, thanks

Comment

Feedback

I see it has been downloaded some. Feedback would be good.

Comment

I'd like to try it, but i'm worried about the fact that the device will power down after 15 min of inactivity..it could be really annoying. I'll try for sure when it will be patched. Thanks for your work.

Comment

I'd like to try it, but i'm worried about the fact that the device will power down after 15 min of inactivity..it could be really annoying. I'll try for sure when it will be patched. Thanks for your work.
                              Its only when my tv is off that it does this....

Comment

Working...
                              X