This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by combry View Post
    No luck sofar Bob. It hangs on the "in4dealz.com"screen.grrrr!!. I wil try to flash it again.
    Hey combry and Bob, AFAIK I never saw in4dealz.com screen in your custom firmware. Your boot imaage is combination of geekbuying.com and freaktab.com. If I'm correct combry didn't flash complete rom.

My appologies if I'm on wrong path and misleading.

Comment

Originally posted by BooLE View Post
      Hey combry and Bob, AFAIK I never saw in4dealz.com screen in your custom firmware. Your boot imaage is combination of geekbuying.com and freaktab.com. If I'm correct combry didn't flash complete rom.

My appologies if I'm on wrong path and misleading.
      Hello BooLE. I think i will have to make some screens/pictures or videos to proof that i'm not a lunatic here.. coming up soon. I forgot to mention that my stick is actually called
      Primal GV-20 Mini PC - Android 4.1 Dongle Stick. its an OEM brand based on the MK808 bought at gadgetgreats.com. In the forum apad.tv.com you can read more. I just wish i had bought it at geekbuying .This OEM thing is f**#cked up.

BTW this is what they are saying about it:

All three: MK808, Droid stick T10, and mini PC GV-20 have the same housing. So, "Are they all the same?" The answer is, "Probably, Yes." The Gv-20 Mini PC is the official name of the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean HDMI TV dongle stick.

Some *** sellers are marketing the product with their own "made up" model number. The fact is that with all these OEM devices floating around it will be hard to differentiate which ones have the stronger WIFI antennas and which ones have better QC testing.

Comment

Hello BooLE. I think i will have to make some screens/pictures or videos to proof that i'm not a lunatic here.. coming up soon. I forgot to mention that my stick is actually called
        Primal GV-20 Mini PC - Android 4.1 Dongle Stick. its an OEM brand based on the MK808 bought at gadgetgreats.com. In the forum apad.tv.com you can read more. I just wish i had bought it at geekbuying .This OEM thing is f**#cked up.
        You should have booting animation (when you plug-in power adapter) of Geekbuying.com logo in upper right corner, and you should see text someting like Finless Custom Rom 1.4 <-- at this momeent I can't check the correct text.

Also in system info you can check version of the kernel and firmware... Please post here...

Comment

Thats correct! Noting I made for the MK808 has anything that says in4dealz in it
          Sound like he is using the ug802 ROM which does have in4dealz in it.

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            Thats correct! Noting I made for the MK808 has anything that says in4dealz in it
            Sound like he is using the ug802 ROM which does have in4dealz in it.

Bob
            oowwkk Bob.But wich one was the one you posted for me then yesterday?That was an UG802 img. thats why i could'nt flash it right.
            i downloaded a new package of finless rom at the first page and this one works.WTF. But its jelly bean based. i thougt i would have the same nice launcher from the UG802 .this one is very stock.

Comment

hello to Everyone. Congratulation for the rom

i would like to ask if someone tried the rom on a sainsmart ss808? it seems the same device.
              Thanks!

Comment

This is a MK808 thread not a ug802. But I will download that system.img and make sure it was for the MK808 and that I did not make a mistake.

Yes the MK808 is a JB ROM. My 1.4 is based off the geekbuy JB latest ROM as I state in the first post.

Bob

Comment

OK I did not mess up! I downloaded the system.img ZIP I uploaded yesterday and it is the MK808 system. So not sure what your doing and getting ug802.....

I think you made me work and chase a ghost! I assume now that you flashed my correct MK808 1.4 wifi worked?

Bob

Comment

Re: MK808 Android mini TV Player - Finless ROM 1.4 Custom ROM

no usb storage device can be mounted on my device, i keep
                    getting /removed storage insert new one/
                    i tried 3.5" self powered, 2.5" with no power adapter and a usb
                    stick, in both usb slots, directly and over a powered usb hub...

anyone have any ideas????

Sent from my MK808 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                      OK I did not mess up! I downloaded the system.img ZIP I uploaded yesterday and it is the MK808 system. So not sure what your doing and getting ug802.....

I think you made me work and chase a ghost! I assume now that you flashed my correct MK808 1.4 wifi worked?

Bob
                      hi Bob i flashed the correct rom now.wifi works. Sorry for making you chase a ghost. Somehow i think the roms got swapped and confused me. The UG802 launcher on the MK808 would be nice. Thanks again en also to BooLE.

Comment

Just an update on Bob's Finless 1.4 custom ROM.

Flashed the device successfully with the 9/20 ROM. The wifi runs steady at 65MB with little to none disconnections. In fact I've changed the router's channel to another one that has no to little interference. Checked that with WiFi Analyzer in both MK808 and my Android phone. Have checked that with my laptop as well.

The firmware is rooted and can install everything. Flash is playing in the stock browser.

I can choose between 720p and 1080p and my choice remains and changes the TV accordingly, even thought have not tested a 1080p video.

I'd like to thank Bob for this.

Comment

hi Bob i flashed the correct rom now.wifi works. Sorry for making you chase a ghost. Somehow i think the roms got swapped and confused me. The UG802 launcher on the MK808 would be nice. Thanks again en also to BooLE.
                          I'm always lead by one thing, if it is only me that has a problem with something like this, than for sure it was me doing something wrong.

I'm glad that I noticed this in4dealz thing in your post, so Bob can think about new improvements on already for me preety good ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by meddem View Post
                            i would like to ask if someone tried the rom on a sainsmart ss808?
                            Thanks!
                            Just flashed my SS808 with this ROM. It is booting up and connecting to my WiFi without any problems.

Edit: Is it possible to mount CIFS shares with this rom ? If so, how ?
                            Last edited by steckel; 10-20-2012, 14:45.

Comment

is there any other kernel beside 3.0.8+ 19 sep available for our 808???
                              that is my last chance for the usb disk to work, it seems....

Comment

Originally posted by aspirin View Post
                                is there any other kernel beside 3.0.8+ 19 sep available for our 808???
                                that is my last chance for the usb disk to work, it seems....
                                Pa u ovom custom rom-u imas dvije verzije od 12.09. i od 20.09. - jesi li probao obje?

In this custom rom you have 2 version dated 12.09. and 20.09. - have you tried them both?

Comment

Working...
                                X