This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vampirex View Post
    Hmm... I will try different chargers tonight and see if the WiFi is better.

Thanks for the feedback!

Hey Finless,

Will Build.Prop work on the MK808? Do you know?
    So testing out my HP Touchpad Charger (Output:5.3V==2.0A)

WiFi is great.. no slow downs what so ever.. so far....
    Need to test more...

Also playing around with build.prop. AnTuTu score jumped from 6500 to 7000

Trying some WiFi tweaks like:
    net.tcp.buffersize.default=4096,87380,256960,4096, 16384,256960
    net.tcp.buffersize.wifi=4096,87380,256960,4096,163 84,256960
    net.dns1=8.8.8.8
    net.dns2=8.8.4.4
    Last edited by vampirex; 11-02-2012, 04:33.
    MK808 - Ubuntu 12.10 home://io (Olegk0 3.0.8 Kernel)

Comment

Originally posted by vampirex View Post
      So testing out my HP Touchpad Charger (Output:5.3V==2.0A)
      Ok I have to try that again ... when I tried to use my HP charger I couldn't even get it to power on so I thought the extra .3V might have something to do with it. Has it been stable using this charger for you?

Comment

Originally posted by SpEnTBoY View Post
        Ok I have to try that again ... when I tried to use my HP charger I couldn't even get it to power on so I thought the extra .3V might have something to do with it. Has it been stable using this charger for you?
        Working perfectly fine for me, did you try different USB wires?
        MK808 - Ubuntu 12.10 home://io (Olegk0 3.0.8 Kernel)

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          Stay tuned. I will have a 1.5A version based on the new BETA 2 release I got last night. Hopefully they fixed some of these issues. Worst issue I have seen so far is stability. It sucks to have to reflash the ROM when it corrupts /data when you unplug the unit or use the reboot APP.

I should have the new ROM out tomorrow.

Bob

Hi Bob,

looking forward for antoher great release from you...

After several days of testing, I can confirm that 1.5 version (stock 300j-test fw particulary), has another issue beside problems with reboot and it concerns stability. It is total freezeup of the device when not touched for several hours (and it happens after 1-2 days of uptime). whole Ui is frozen, clock is not updated so I can immedietelly see when it froze.

I really hope they managed to get rid of such "stupid" bug.

Comment

Stock ROM is in update.img format. My flash tool cannot use update.img format! To flash a update.img you need RKBatchtool 1.5. Since you already have the drivers installed to use my flash tool, RKBatchtool should also work as it uses the same drivers!

Bob
            Thanks for your reply,

My main problem stands the fact i can flash in easy way, the MK with the drivers for seven x64 installed is never detected, i need each time to use the trick to unbrick the MK (opening case and using a needle on pin 8and 9) for being detected by win 7 and your prog. After that i can flash.

But concerning the rktool flash 1.5, when i launch the prog i have a popup error saying config not load and after searching for the image another popup saying the prog just close (the rktoolflash is the one downloading from geekbuying blog).

If someone gets another version, or idea.

In all case your rom is running smoothly and i dont have any probleme with it, my main goal is only to compare with stock and being able to do it at time.

Comment

Again, Renaming Flash Tool 1.5 to work

Originally posted by rouletabille View Post
              But concerning the rktool flash 1.5, when i launch the prog i have a popup error saying config not load and after searching for the image another popup saying the prog just close (the rktoolflash is the one downloading from geekbuying blog).

If someone gets another version, or idea.
              For those who are still having an issue getting the Flash Tool 1.5 from Geekbuy to work, you might try this solution I posted earlier in this thread:

Originally posted by coke.zero.head View Post
              I had the same problem getting "flash tool 1.5" to work. I kept getting the config file failed to load message. And then loading the .IMG would crash the program for me in Windows 7 32-bit.

Then I read somewhere that you need to rename the folder containing the "RKBatchTool.exe" file to something with English, as opposed to Chinese, characters. So I renamed the folder "量产工具1.5" to "Tool" and it worked.

The file located at http://uploading.com/files/get/9747b...tool%2B1.5.rar worked for me after renaming it (I just tried renaming the folder again and it worked again). I think once you get the config file to successfully load, then the .IMG file will also load. At least that is how it worked for me. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks, i thought reading all info about MK in this thread, but need to read again again, will be my bible for weeks.

thanks again, i will give a try today im at work now

Comment

Dear Finless,

I hope, today is the day ... We are waiting for the new firmware. My MK808 couldnt pass the "android" written screen while booting. It has been sleeping for 5 days...

At least could you give us some spoilers from new firmware ?

Which problems had solved ? Etc

Regards

Comment

Please stop pushing, He is doing this for free for us on his spare time.

Comment

MK808 Android mini TV Player - Finless ROM 1.5 Custom ROM

Hope Mk808 is getting better and better. It's really fast.

In the meantime, my new uHost is working out of the box. Wifi 150Mbps is stable and stream HD videos, on line, from network drives, very fast. Auto-hiding Status bar works very well.

Comment

BAD NEWS

Sorry everyone. The release I got is bogus! It's the same 10/26 release we have now.

Seems some kind of communication error I cannot explain. I wont go into the details or blame anyone. But MK has not released a new ROM

I am sorry for telling everyone we have a new ROM. Next time I will ensure a new ROM before I post and get everyones hopes up.

I am truely sorry.

Bob
                        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

oh well... hope there exists one and they correctly send it to you this time

Comment

Sorry everyone. The release I got is bogus! It's the same 10/26 release we have now.

Seems some kind of communication error I cannot explain. I wont go into the details or blame anyone. But MK has not released a new ROM

I am sorry for telling everyone we have a new ROM. Next time I will ensure a new ROM before I post and get everyones hopes up.

I am truely sorry.

Bob

Hello,

I'm new at this thing so I'm asking for your help.
                            I just got a SAINSMART SS808, the stock rom worked like crap so i flashed it with your 1.5 finless ROM.
                            Everything worked( great job btw) except the fact that it wouldn't allow apps like utorrent to write on the external sd card(maybe you can please fix the permissions in the next release?).
                            Anyway, it managed to receive a hard reset, basically I removed the power source(stupid..I know) and now it won't pass the loading stage...my question is..should I flash again or the damn thing is bricked?

Thanks

Comment

Never mind Bob.

It's not your fault anyway for the ROM. So my question is, since the new 26/10 Kernel seems to be fault in terms of power failure, and wifi's stability is not fixed, is there any specific reason we shouldn't flash back to 20/9 1.4 ROM, so that at least the devices doesn't accidentally bricks due to power failure?

The only positive issue with the new ROM is Antuntu score.

Will flashing back to 1.4 make any problem to the device?

Comment

Originally posted by andutzu View Post
                                Hello,
                                Everything worked( great job btw) except the fact that it wouldn't allow apps like utorrent to write on the external sd card(maybe you can please fix the permissions in the next release?).
                                Thanks
                                Dude.... your SDcard is corrupt.

PLEASE READ THIS:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ard-Corruption!

If you fix your SDcard then you can write to it. If it is corrupt, Android will mount it READ ONLY! No next release to FIX this is required....

Bob
                                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...
                                X