X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasosal View Post
    Never mind Bob.

It's not your fault anyway for the ROM. So my question is, since the new 26/10 Kernel seems to be fault in terms of power failure, and wifi's stability is not fixed, is there any specific reason we shouldn't flash back to 20/9 1.4 ROM, so that at least the devices doesn't accidentally bricks due to power failure?

Will flashing back to 1.4 make any problem to the device?
    I would flash back to 1.4. There is no issue with doing so.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      Dude.... your SDcard is corrupt.

PLEASE READ THIS:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ard-Corruption!

If you fix your SDcard then you can write to it. If it is corrupt, Android will mount it READ ONLY! No next release to FIX this is required....

Bob

Ok, my mistake, I sensed the same thing at first but then I tried using it with my Samsung galaxy S3 (packing Jelly bean) and I saw it writes on the card without problem...I didn't know RK30 had a problem with SD Cards..
      I'll format it NTFS or EXT4 and hope the issue is solved.
      On to the next issue...should I try flashing again the MK808(in the current status it's not passing the loading stage after a reboot caused by power failure) or I risk bricking it for good?

Thx

Comment

Sorry everyone. The release I got is bogus! It's the same 10/26 release we have now.

Seems some kind of communication error I cannot explain. I wont go into the details or blame anyone. But MK has not released a new ROM

I am sorry for telling everyone we have a new ROM. Next time I will ensure a new ROM before I post and get everyones hopes up.

I am truely sorry.

Bob
        Hi Bob

No worries about that! You already did a great work. I hope that everybody understand that you're not responsible of the MK808 development...

By the way, will you release an updated 1.5 firmware with the wifi "patch" removed? Otherwise, can you tell us how we can disable this patch?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by rouletabille View Post
          Thanks for your reply,

My main problem stands the fact i can flash in easy way, the MK with the drivers for seven x64 installed is never detected, i need each time to use the trick to unbrick the MK (opening case and using a needle on pin 8and 9) for being detected by win 7 and your prog. After that i can flash.

But concerning the rktool flash 1.5, when i launch the prog i have a popup error saying config not load and after searching for the image another popup saying the prog just close (the rktoolflash is the one downloading from geekbuying blog).

If someone gets another version, or idea.

In all case your rom is running smoothly and i dont have any probleme with it, my main goal is only to compare with stock and being able to do it at time.
          Hello,

Reporting the exact same issue with my Win7 Pro HP Lap, wont detect my MK808 driver suitable for the OS, and the flash tool gives me the same right after loads, at the end use the MicroSD to flash...

Comment

The biggest problem with getting the flash tool drivers installed is the device MUST BE IN FLASH MODE! Just plugged in or in regular USB mode, it is not presented as the same device to windows so it is impossible to install the flash tool drivers in regular USB mode!

MANY MANY people have got the drivers installed. So it is not impossible. I wish I could help more but this is the hard part for some people.

Bob

Comment

UPDATE on new ROM

OK FreakTab user Boole told me to take another look at the ROM I downloaded last night. I did a binary file compare. The kernel is the same date. However some system files are in fact different. System date is 10/27 not 10/26.

So in fact I have a new ROM. Again very few files changes (17 different files).

I do not have a lot of time to test everything but the reboot APP no longer causes the system to corrupt. So that is a good sign! You guys will have to help me test everything. I just want you all to have a new ROM as soon as possible this time since everyone is waiting.

So stay tuned.... New ROM today!

Bob

Comment

OK FreakTab user Boole told me to take another look at the ROM I downloaded last night. I did a binary file compare. The kernel is the same date. However some system files are in fact different. System date is 10/27 not 10/26.

So in fact I have a new ROM. Again very few files changes (17 different files).

I do not have a lot of time to test everything but the reboot APP no longer causes the system to corrupt. So that is a good sign! You guys will have to help me test everything. I just want you all to have a new ROM as soon as possible this time since everyone is waiting.

So stay tuned.... New ROM today!

Bob
                This is great news Bob!

I'm glad that you could help you by just hitting again the curiosity in you to take another look at it.

Take your time, and publish it when you are ready.

BooLE

Comment

still on 1.4 with no wifi prblems :-)

Just want to thank you finless for your great work. I'm still on 1.4 looking forward to your new update once its stable,I used to have WiFi issues on 1.4 but I mannaged to get a constant connection with a few apps I downloaded from the market ever since then I haven't had the dropping to 5mbps problem.the information I came across in another forum said the problem is that the WiFi goes into a sleep mode when the screen times out that's why it disconnects a lot.I don't know much about it but using his recommended apps with your 1.4 really helped and I'm using an N600 router b/g/n anyway here's the apps I used:
                  1. Elixir,set the screen timeout to never
                  2.WiFi fixer, helps to keep WiFi connected when you have problems
                  3.WiFi high performance widget,to help boost signal(optional,I barely use it but you can)makes mk808 a little warmer. And last but not least is WiFi Analyzer,it helps you choose the best channel on your router and gives you great information,hope this helps other users out there.
                  Also I wanted to say this method does not get you a signal above 65mbps but it does keep a constant connection.
                  If anyone can tell me how to get a BT USB working and my n300 USB WiFi dongle for an even better signal I would appreciate it inbox the info thanks in advance :-)

Comment

flashing probs

Hi Bob Got 4 days with a working rom 1.5.Suddenly it became corrupted.When i try to reflash it everything is written but when checking the written image it gives an error.Now when i launch my mk808 sometimes it boots and when i boot it again it will become corrupted again.Is this thing turning into a brick?

Comment

Originally posted by the0 View Post
                      Hi Bob Got 4 days with a working rom 1.5.Suddenly it became corrupted.When i try to reflash it everything is written but when checking the written image it gives an error.Now when i launch my mk808 sometimes it boots and when i boot it again it will become corrupted again.Is this thing turning into a brick?
                      Read this post.... your NAND is messed up. I am pretty sure what happened is flashing too many ROMs from other stuff not made for your device. My MK808 has never needed to do this until I started flashing ROMs not made for the MK808! My ROM flash tool is very powerful but can also cause problems, be careful with it.

The biggest problem is flashing a LOADER not made for your device! THAT is what causes NAND flash problems from then on... So if you did not do this, then you may have a hardware NAND problem. But to find out for sure.... try the reset.

This is how you fix NAND.

Bob

Comment

Hi everyone.

Got my MK808 today.

I flashed Bob's 1.5 rom.

exept WIFI everything is working great, I'm now using a USB-Lan adapter and a DLAN-wall outlet.
                        also working great.

To all who want to use different keyboard layouts:
                        Buy the external Keyboard Helper Pro App, it's worth it.
                        I've got the Logitech K400 with QUERTY working perfectly.

I testet many HD-Videos on Youtube and from a USB stick, no problem at all.

Thanks very much!

Comment

Do you mind if I make a video how-to showing how to install this ROM?

Thanks for the great ROM Bob. My name is Rivers and I do a lot of youtube videos on the MK808 and Android media players. Do you mind if i do a how-to upgrade video using your 1.5 ROM? I will give you full credit and refer people here. Hopefully it will help answer a lot of common questions too.

Thanks,
                          Rivers
                          Last edited by riversdirect; 11-03-2012, 03:01. Reason: grammar correction

Comment

Bob, you know if there are any compatible MK808 drivers for Windows 8? I looked everywhere but I can't seem to find any (Windows 7 drivers are not compatible). Anyways, I have a question: flashing the 1.5 rom with your tool will erase everything from the device (app, settings, etc.) or not? I ask this because I made many tests on the previous rom and now I have lots of unused apps and files everywhere so I'd like to do a clean 1.5 install and delete everything from the device. Thank you and keep up the great work!
                            Last edited by DJM; 11-03-2012, 07:53.

Comment

Read this post.... your NAND is messed up. I am pretty sure what happened is flashing too many ROMs from other stuff not made for your device. My MK808 has never needed to do this until I started flashing ROMs not made for the MK808! My ROM flash tool is very powerful but can also cause problems, be careful with it.

The biggest problem is flashing a LOADER not made for your device! THAT is what causes NAND flash problems from then on... So if you did not do this, then you may have a hardware NAND problem. But to find out for sure.... try the reset.

This is how you fix NAND.

Bob
                              Bob Thanks for your quick reply!
                              I will try this and hope it will fix the corrupted NAND. FYI i have used only ROMS for the mk808.
                              Thank you

Comment

Sopcast no sound

First of all: Thanks a lot for all your great work!!!

I have an issue with Sopcast, when I pick up a stream, I don't hear a sound. Everything else what produces sound works (like apps, movies etc). But no sound when using Sopcast. Does anyone else has the same problem? Or solve it?

Your help is appreciated, thanks!!

ps. The same problem also came up in the version 1.4.

Comment

Working...
                                X