This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some notes about update

* Wifi - Showing 3-4 bars but performing as if showing 1-2 (my unit is modded mk802 syle)
    *Plex - No BARS! Looks Amazing
    * Plex - Shutters, not sure if its related to WAN connecting being suggish as I mentioned before.
    * Rocket Settings - Changing some settings in this cause unit to freeze!
    *HDTV Display - We are already aware this update didnt fix unit unable to display on most TVS!
    * Play Store -Was not downloading apps --Fixed - Reboot!
    *HBOGO - still a no go due to way display works

Haven't tested Netflix.

Will post anymore issues I run across.

Using the TV-launcher by Samboy, and its working great!

Comment

Re: MK808 Android mini TV Player - Finless ROM 1.5 Custom ROM

Many Thanks again Bob,

Busy day today so will hopefully test later.

Jez

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Hi Bob.
        Firmware in Geekbuying's blog (http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...e-on-26th-oct/) is not the same that yours, and both just been announced, why???

I almost forgot!
        Thanks!!

Comment

Hi Bob, thanks for your job!

In the secction "about device" stills say Finless 1.4

Great work!
          Androidpc.es - The largest library of independent reviews about AndroidPC

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            I will have to say this kernel is unstable RIGHT after a power on!

What I have found is after a reboot, WAIT at least a few minutes to let the system settle down! If you try to use it too fast, it "may" crash!

Just a tip! I cant fix the kernel guys.....

Lets hope the manufacturer works on this ROM a little more. I like the ROM when it is stable! But be careful as I said about trying to do anything with it right after boot. Give it a little time to settle down. Then it seems to be pretty stable.

Bob
            Ok Bob i noticed this already in the stock rom of new update.Thanks for the tip

Comment

Hi Bob,

Managed to sneak in a quick update to your v1.5 and it's looking good (Antutu nearly 6995).
              As suggested I rebooted after the first boot and it seems ok.

EDIT: Display is now fine on my 1080p Sony 40 inch TV. I had smart option selected on tv doh! Set it to wide and now 1080p looks great! Will update my review later.

P. S . Wifi great here. Fast & stays fast.

Thanks again
              Jez
              Last edited by Tablet_Collector; 10-27-2012, 13:07.

Comment

Unfortunately I remain with the same problem. Wifi connection drops (although less frequently than previous ROM), and needless to say, after reboot, no automatic connection to WIFI and re-establishing is painful. I have 2 WIFI access points at home and both do not have a problem with all my other WIFI clients at home (and I have plenty - I can assure you).

So that's it. I'll try to sell my MK808 on **** and look for something else. My patience is over.

Comment

Is it possible to add a driver to an existing ROM. If yes what is the appropriate driver.
                  I want to use an usb external 5.1 sound card (like this:
                  http://www.amazon.co.uk/External-Sou.../dp/B003TO3KHY)

ROM has: setting-sound-sound devices-sound devices manager-VIA USB DONGLE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by duji View Post

Is it possible to add a driver to an existing ROM

ROM has: setting-sound-sound devices-sound devices manager-VIA USB DONGLE!!!

Yeah I had asked same thing :P
                    Before I knew we had the option in the rom, which is amazing to see!
                    USB 3D sound pd552 driver listed below
                    Welcome to the download page of C-Media USB 3D Audio Controller – PD 552 for both audio device driver and the software. You can also download a package containing both driver and software for PD 552 device, also works for PD 551. The Xear true 3D Sound Audio Controller in form of either PD 551 … Download C-Media USB 3D Audio Controller – PD 552 Read complete article »

Comment

Originally posted by boxin View Post
                      Hi Bob.
                      Firmware in Geekbuying's blog (http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...e-on-26th-oct/) is not the same that yours, and both just been announced, why???
                      My firmware is based off this firmware. Why do you think otherwise?

Originally posted by Naismith View Post
                      In the secction "about device" stills say Finless 1.4
                      Great work!
                      Damn... I missed a little edit in build.prop. No biggy. I will fix next update.

As for the sound thing. Just because JB added the ability to use them in menus etc, doesnt mean every driver is there to support every different sound device. I can add drivers etc but I would need them. So if you know where info is on getting them for those devices I can sure try and see what I can do!

Bob
                      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Link takes you to a Cookies reset page

Hi,

Thanks for putting together this ROM ... you're awesome !

Unfortunately I'm finding the link does not work. I've tried a bunch of different browsers with no luck.

Comment

wifi performance is still horrible for me. its worse even than the original rom.

link speed jumps around from 11Mbps-24Mbps, however, the actual performance is much much worse. using speedtest app to test my wan connection speed, on mk808 and on my phone, both connected to my wireless network, my phone gets 7-10Mbps download, while mk808 gets <1mbps. Thats worse than my phone on Verizon 3G.

Comment

Thanks a bunch for adding the xpad.ko module, Bob! Worked splendidly.

Comment

Re: MK808 Android mini TV Player - Finless ROM 1.5 Custom ROM

Both those figures seem low. I had poor reception in my lounge impacting on the usability of my tabs. My solution was to put in a 'TP-LINK TL-WPA281KIT 200Mbps Wireless Powerline Extender Kit'. One unit was cabled to my router the other with the wireless I connected in the lounge. I now have excellent reception in the lounge and also an rj45 connection available as needed.
                              900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Use Remember Me when logging in

Originally posted by Sophie View Post
                                Hi,

Thanks for putting together this ROM ... you're awesome !

Unfortunately I'm finding the link does not work. I've tried a bunch of different browsers with no luck.
                                Sorry ... I'm a newbie ... At least I figured it out !

Comment

Working...
                                X