X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This rom works for the ug802?

Comment

Originally posted by Krinyo View Post
      Shutdown from app is working well, I don't have problems with it.

You can always install a shutdown app from the market like (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bicoo.shutdown)

What I usually do is pressing the shutdown app and shutdown the device, in fact it does not shutdown completely but the HDMI output is off and WiFi is disconnected. The wireless keyboard is receiving though.

When I need to turn it on I press the ctrl-alt-del in the wireless. In mini wireless R8 this would be Fn+Enter key.

Then the devices reboots.

Comment

Re: MK808 Android mini TV Player - Finless ROM 1.5 Custom ROM

FYI as per instructions I have not used the reboot app on this ROM.

Jez

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Hi.

I have used version 1.4 and 1.5
          I tried even the stock Jb firmware and the two official update.
          In every version I have the same issue.
          The wifi connect well and works for few minutes then drops to 1 mps and the connection stops.
          I tried with 3 wifi routers (dlink, netgear and my internet provider oem) and always I have the same issue.
          Connection ok than drops to 1 mps and connection go away and i need to reboot the device to have the wifi working again.

I connect the device to my lan with an usb to ethernet dongle and it works fine.
          I have 1080P/DTS streaming with Plex running smooth.

I noticed on the Rikomagic forum that they are selling since a couple of days the MK808III with the same RK3066 chip on board and they write that they do not have any wifi issue.
          So I tought if we can put the MK802III firmware on our device to solve wifi issue.
          Or if you can make an 1.6 firmware version based on their firmware and kernel.

Thanks for the hard work.

Comment

Previous vs New Kernel

Bob,

in your post you say we could install the previous kernel 20/9 or even the one before that rather than the newest one 26/10. I am considering to try that to see if the problems are the same (kernel problem with hard reset, usb camera not working, but build in mic working)

If I do that isn't the device going to lose the wifi stability and settings->sound options? Or is that embeded in the firmware?

Also if I choose to only install the kernel in the flashing utility, will the device maintain all the Apps and data installed? Will I need to install or configure anything after that?

Thanks in advance,

Comment

Not sure really what will be lost etc. The wifi stuff should hold as those patches I have done are in system not kernel related. In fact we really cant do anything kernel related at this time so I dont expect to see much change except the screen resolution which is in the kernel and Antutu benchmarks might change. Of course you may have stability issues too but only testing will show.

It is so easy to flash the kernel and try them! You do not have to erase NAND etc just to flash a kernel with the flash tool.

Since I have not tried the other kernels on this release myself, I do not know what will be effected. But again this takes seconds to try the other kernels and flash back the latest kernel.

Just do it and please report back to other what you find!

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

stuck at the boot , and frequent reboots during the boot

Dear Finless

It happens quite frequently that I shutdown (soft or hard methods does not really matter).
                and then boot stuck, sometimes in the part in which you have a flashy animation sometimes at the very beginning boot screen. Note I'm not rebooting as you warned against it.

In addition sometimes during the boot the MK808 reboot from the beginning screen.

I'm pretty sure the last version did not exhibit this issue. Maybe you could comment about it.

I tried to get some feedback from a previous post, to understand if i'm an isolate case.

Thanks

Trycage

Comment

Hey Bob,
                  I've got more issues for ya!

Wifi - Always stays grey (full signal)
                  Apps - FB/GooglePlay/Settings/ All force close and are unusable.

Issues with video playback in plex as well, shutters and freezing

Attempted to re flash, cant get device to show up in flash tool.
                  Using pinhole method either, device still works fine, just cant make it get detected to flash any hints ?

Comment

These crashing and reboot issues are in the stock ROM. This is why it was considered a BETA by MK808 company.

All we can do is hope they fix the stability issues with the final release.

Bob

Comment

Do you know when will be a final release?

Will there be other releases or final means "last"? Don't really trust for all the problems to be fixed in just one more release.

Comment

UPDATE! BETA 2 from MK808 Manufacturer

I just checked my EMail from last night (I was at work).

Geekbuying has sent me a new updated ROM for the MK808 called BETA2.

I will check it out today and possibly update my 1.5 to 1.5A using this new firmware.

Stay tuned!

Bob

Comment

Boot loops and nand corrupted

Originally posted by trycage View Post
                          Dear Finless

It happens quite frequently that I shutdown (soft or hard methods does not really matter).
                          and then boot stuck, sometimes in the part in which you have a flashy animation sometimes at the very beginning boot screen. Note I'm not rebooting as you warned against it.

In addition sometimes during the boot the MK808 reboot from the beginning screen.

I'm pretty sure the last version did not exhibit this issue. Maybe you could comment about it.

I tried to get some feedback from a previous post, to understand if i'm an isolate case.

Thanks

Trycage
                          Try 3 or 4 low formats and then flashing a rom to recover it. Finally, it works... It´s a rom issue... I think it corrupts nand flash. All of this, it´s a bit frustating and we are getting tired and angry.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                            I just checked my EMail from last night (I was at work).
                            Geekbuying has sent me a new updated ROM for the MK808 called BETA2.
                            I will check it out today and possibly update my 1.5 to 1.5A using this new firmware.
                            Stay tuned!
                            Bob
                            Well the link I was sent is dead says it timed out.
                            But I will be chatting with geekbuying tonight so I hope to get a new link.

Stay tuned as I am sure it's real just a China QQ download link expired.

Bob

Comment

WiFi stability

Just wanted to say...

Running with Finless 1.5 I had a ping -t from my PC to the device for more than 5 hours. The device did not more, eg not downloading, playing games, streaming.

The ping did not lose a single hop. By the time I started chrome, or google play, on the device to interact with the wifi, I got a wifi disconnect/reconnect.

Here is a crop of the ping...
                              Reply from 192.168.13.128: bytes=32 time=71ms TTL=64
                              Reply from 192.168.13.128: bytes=32 time=69ms TTL=64
                              Reply from 192.168.13.128: bytes=32 time=84ms TTL=64
                              Reply from 192.168.13.128: bytes=32 time=98ms TTL=64
                              Reply from 192.168.13.128: bytes=32 time=213ms TTL=64
                              Request timed out.
                              Request timed out.
                              Reply from 192.168.13.128: bytes=32 time=262ms TTL=64
                              Reply from 192.168.13.128: bytes=32 time=364ms TTL=64
                              Reply from 192.168.13.128: bytes=32 time=347ms TTL=64

And another one...
                              Reply from 192.168.13.128: bytes=32 time=1774ms TTL=64
                              Reply from 192.168.13.128: bytes=32 time=180ms TTL=64
                              Reply from 192.168.13.128: bytes=32 time=1524ms TTL=64
                              Request timed out.
                              Reply from 192.168.13.128: bytes=32 time=122ms TTL=64
                              Reply from 192.168.13.128: bytes=32 time=97ms TTL=64
                              Reply from 192.168.13.128: bytes=32 time=71ms TTL=64

Does this mean the device re-initializes the wifi?

Here is the relevant section from logcat when the wifi re-initializes:

D/RKUpdateReceiver( 432): action = android.net.conn.CONNECTIVITY_CHANGE
                              D/RKUpdateService( 432): onStartCommand.......
                              D/RKUpdateService( 432): command = 2 --delaytime = 1000 --path = null
                              D/dalvikvm( 1307): GC_EXPLICIT freed 6K, 10% free 6229K/6919K, paused 47ms+4ms, total 957ms
                              D/PicasaUploaderSyncManager( 3209): active network: NetworkInfo: type: WIFI[], state: CONNECTED/CONNECTED, reason: (unspecified), extra: (none), roaming: false, failover: false, isAvailable: true

Comment

finless rom vs deadhp1 rom?

I bought a MK808 a few weeks back, tried to use it, and suffered the same wifi issues as many. I finally got the flash tool 1.5 to work and successfully flashed an updated 10/26 rom on my MK808. The rom fixed the weird resolution issue and the wifi issues. I think it rooted the device as well. So I think it's a modified 10/26 rom like finless 1.5. The rom can be found here, I believe: http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechfo....php?f=13&t=44

BUT then I was reading here and saw the finless rom 1.5 which expanded the partition, etc. So I reflashed with finless 1.5 rom yesterday and the wifi issues were back. My connection was crawling in comparison. Google Play store took forever to connect when it didn't time out. Small files took forever to download. I even tried to play an HD video from YouTube that played fine on the deadhp1 rom and it couldn't do it. I rebooted a few times to see if that helped and it didn't.

I reflashed back to the deadhp1 rom and everything was fixed. Since both roms are based on the 10/26 released rom, I'm wondering if someone can tell where the differences are that might be causing these wifi issues?? As a note: I use a 802.11G connection, no N, in case that makes any difference.

Also, has anyone been able to use droidmote with the MK808? I was unable with either finless 1.5 or deadhp1 roms. Is the uinput module installed in finless 1.5? Or is that something that has to be done in the kernel? Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to give my experience in case it could help.

Comment

Working...
                                X