X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB Camera error

Bob,

just some more findings I got. I am trying to use the USB camera with build in mic (Microsoft VX-800). In ROM 1.5 the mic is working correctly due to the settings->sound->device input, but the video is not. It was working in the previous ROM.

I suppose it has something to do with the uvcvideo incorporated in the kernel. Here is what I get in logcat:

E/CameraHal( 87): previewThread(1762): VIDIOC_DQBUF Failed!!! err[Invalid argument]
    E/Lights ( 257): write_int failed to open sys/class/leds/rk29_key_led/brightness
    E/CameraHal( 87): previewThread(1762): VIDIOC_DQBUF Failed!!! err[Invalid argument]
    E/CameraHal( 87): previewThread(1776): mPreviewErrorFrameCount is 2, camera driver or device may be error, so notify CAMERA_MSG_ERROR
    E/CameraHal( 87): previewThread(1788): camera driver or device may be error, so notify CAMERA_MSG_ERROR
    D/CameraHal( 87): previewThread(1644): camera driver or device may be error, so preview thread wait for command thread wake...
    E/Camera ( 2899): Error 100

Comment

Ok so I know im not going crazy... but... for the 3rd time I have turned my mk808 and all data has been lost? I am not shutting down using the method you said not to I am simply removing the power cable. First it gets stuck at loading system and then if I let it stay it just boots right back like its the first time.. This is my first time using this ROM but it def does not seem like it is supposed to be happening..

Comment

Originally posted by coke.zero.head View Post
        I bought a MK808 a few weeks back, tried to use it, and suffered the same wifi issues as many. I finally got the flash tool 1.5 to work and successfully flashed an updated 10/26 rom on my MK808. The rom fixed the weird resolution issue and the wifi issues. I think it rooted the device as well. So I think it's a modified 10/26 rom like finless 1.5. The rom can be found here, I believe: http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechfo....php?f=13&t=44

BUT then I was reading here and saw the finless rom 1.5 which expanded the partition, etc. So I reflashed with finless 1.5 rom yesterday and the wifi issues were back. My connection was crawling in comparison. Google Play store took forever to connect when it didn't time out. Small files took forever to download. I even tried to play an HD video from YouTube that played fine on the deadhp1 rom and it couldn't do it. I rebooted a few times to see if that helped and it didn't.

I reflashed back to the deadhp1 rom and everything was fixed. Since both roms are based on the 10/26 released rom, I'm wondering if someone can tell where the differences are that might be causing these wifi issues?? As a note: I use a 802.11G connection, no N, in case that makes any difference.

Also, has anyone been able to use droidmote with the MK808? I was unable with either finless 1.5 or deadhp1 roms. Is the uinput module installed in finless 1.5? Or is that something that has to be done in the kernel? Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to give my experience in case it could help.

OK so I patched my 1.5 ROM to fix the WiFi issue of it starting at 65mbps and then slowly dropping to 5. Many that tested the stock update from deadhp1 that I used for this ROM complained of this problem. In my testing what I noticed was if no communication is going on, over time the mbps would drop to 5 or less and would NOT come back up on it's own. Deadhp's forum you can read people complaining of the same thing. NOW this drop is typical of tablets and other Android devices to save power (battery) but they will come back up in speed as you start to transfer data.
        So my patch was to cause the wifi to reset when new communications started from an APP. I tested and found that it would reset the connection back to 65mbps! So I figured I had a good fix.
        Alas, from some of you guys testing it appears this may not work for everyone! It does for me consistantly! But I guess not everyones router or whatever supports this idea.

By the way.... Did anyone read my first post or the readme? I explain all this patching I did. So now I am typing it again I put a lot of time into my readme and explain what I did. Please read it.
        Sorry to complain and bitch but it seems some people wont even spend the time to read a few posts up let alone my readme or explaination of my ROMs.
        This is what the first post says and my readme
        10) I noticed the wifi would constantly DROP to 5mbps. Similar problem with previous MK808 ROMs.
        I THINK I have fixed that in this ROM! My testing shows it will still drop but the minute you
        start transfering things over Wifi, my patch now kicks back up the speed. It would not do that before.
        So Again my testing show I fixed it but only you users can tell me for sure.
        Wifi seems always to be an issue for many with many variables involved!

Anyway back to the point. I can take this patch out! OR we can just wait for the BETA 2 tonight from the manufacturer.... This is what I will probably do.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

thanks for your great efforts

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          OK so I patched my 1.5 ROM to fix the WiFi issue of it starting at 65mbps and then slowly dropping to 5. Many that tested the stock update from deadhp1 that I used for this ROM complained of this problem. In my testing what I noticed was if no communication is going on, over time the mbps would drop to 5 or less and would NOT come back up on it's own. Deadhp's forum you can read people complaining of the same thing. NOW this drop is typical of tablets and other Android devices to save power (battery) but they will come back up in speed as you start to transfer data.
          So my patch was to cause the wifi to reset when new communications started from an APP. I tested and found that it would reset the connection back to 65mbps! So I figured I had a good fix.
          Alas, from some of you guys testing it appears this may not work for everyone! It does for me consistantly! But I guess not everyones router or whatever supports this idea.

By the way.... Did anyone read my first post or the readme? I explain all this patching I did. So now I am typing it again I put a lot of time into my readme and explain what I did. Please read it.
          Sorry to complain and bitch but it seems some people wont even spend the time to read a few posts up let alone my readme or explaination of my ROMs.

Anyway back to the point. I can take this patch out! OR we can just wait for the BETA 2 tonight from the manufacturer.... This is what I will probably do.

Bob
          thanks for your time and efforts, Bob

Comment

Bob
            First off, Thank you Bob for your hard work on putting together your rom and answering all of our questions. I appreciate all the efforts of those who are helping to make the MK808 better. I'm sorry if I gave the impression that I hadn't read your read me or previous posts, as I have. Most importantly, I missed the concept that the deadhp1 rom, I spoke of, was a stock 10/26 rom. I thought maybe he was another individual working to fix issues with the manufacturer's rom. I was trying to bring up why the two custom roms acted differently, but in the true context, I did not mean to offend and I apologize. Also, I look forward to any future finless releases, as I enjoyed the expanded app space and stripped down nature of your rom.

Comment

Originally posted by coke.zero.head View Post
              I was trying to bring up why the two custom roms acted differently, but in the true context, I did not mean to offend and I apologize. Also, I look forward to any future finless releases, as I enjoyed the expanded app space and stripped down nature of your rom.
              No problem just venting a little
              Deadhp1 and I talk a lot about these devices offline so we know what each of us is doing for the most part. So we do talk and share info. I think I jumped the gun too fast on patching this ROM knowing it was a BETA 1 from the manufacturer. Hey I thought I had a fix Then more testing showed it's stability issues etc..... I think maybe next time I will wait before trying to make a release ROM on a BETA from a manufacturer.

Anyway, unlike the ug802, at least this manufacturer is working on improving it so I think we wil see better things coming!

Bob

Comment

WIFI -Issue

Are there any diffences between the MK808 WIFI and the UG802 WIFI ?
                I use an UG802 with Bob's Rom V1.4 and my WIFI connects @150MBits with 75 - 80 %, the only thing i did was to peel of the antenna out of the box.
                Perhaps the WIFI-Drivers can be transfered to the other ROM ?

kind regards form Germany

Comment

Thanks a lot, just got my MK808, time to flash now

Comment

!!! Important ... WiFi issues ... resolved !!!

First, great job ... Bob!

as a coupler of G-box I to MK808 I had to struggle with the wifi issues as all.
                    Strange especially my problem was the connection to the router had at all other WiFi devices after 1 minute no Internet connection more. Until I interrupted the power supply to the MK808, all was normally again.

After two weeks of many attempts, read various forums and many more grey hairs on my head, I have a solution (maybe for all other user too) ...

The supplied AC adapter (5V/2A) causes disturbances (interference)!

Have replaced it with another 2A power supply, small improvement (Internet interruptions every 5 minutes).

Then got my old HTC - power supply (1A) with adapter cable USB to Mini-USB. . . and what a wounder
                    No failures and Issues more ! ! !

It's not the kernel, a module or what ever- the original power supply is the Badman!

Can now (today) my beloved football (TV-Stream) view without any interruption or problems. It's running like a charm!
                    - GREAT -

Edit: After over 1 hour - no WiFi issues!
                    Last edited by FBK2904; 10-30-2012, 20:57.

Comment

Could explain why I have no major issues...I got lucky with the supplied charger!

Jez

Comment

More explanations, please

Originally posted by FBK2904 View Post
                        First, great job ... Bob!

as a coupler of G-box I to MK808 I had to struggle with the wifi issues as all.
                        Strange especially my problem was the connection to the router had at all other WiFi devices after 1 minute no Internet connection more. Until I interrupted the power supply to the MK808, all was normally again.

After two weeks of many attempts, read various forums and many more grey hairs on my head, I have a solution (maybe for all other user too) ...

The supplied AC adapter (5V/2A) causes disturbances (interference)!

Have replaced it with another 2A power supply, small improvement (Internet interruptions every 5 minutes).

Then got my old HTC - power supply (1A) with adapter cable USB to Mini-USB. . . and what a wounder
                        No failures and Issues more ! ! !

It's not the kernel, a module or what ever- the original power supply is the Badman!

Can now (today) my beloved football (TV-Stream) view without any interruption or problems. It's running like a charm!
                        - GREAT -

Edit: After over 1 hour - no WiFi issues!
                        Please. Give us some more of detail... Rom model, phone model and charger, etc. Thanks. I´m quite desperado. Using powered hub also? keyboard/mouse model?

Comment

I've come to whine, gripe, and complain about how freaking AWESOME THIS ROM IS, I'M ALL LIKE, NETFLIX, YOU PLAY SO SMOOTH!!!

Looking forward to some updates that include 1080p, my wi-fi has been stable, but sometimes netflix will drop quality for maybe 10 seconds before it bounces back, but very livable.

I'm trying to watch amazon instant video through the browser and the picture looks great but the audio is off, I'm pretty sure it's a flash/JB conflict, so hopefully adobe gets there stuff sorted out.

Thanks Bob!!!

Comment

Flash player is DEAD. Adobe will not be updating it anymore for Android. HTML 5 will be the new thing.

Bob

Comment

Flash player is DEAD. Adobe will not be updating it anymore for Android. HTML 5 will be the new thing.

Bob

Fine by me, never been a fan of Adobe to begin with, hopefully Amazon will convert to html 5 soon so I can put it behind me once and for all, aside from pdf...

Love love love ROM and the reboot app is a nice touch, but I have a request that may or may not be feasible, but the answer is always no unless you ask in my opinion.

A low power lock screen, don't know if it would be worth your time or not, but maybe it will help with the rom stability at startup issue and if I have a good excuse not to turn it off...

Anyway thanks again.

Comment

Adding the lock screen is a bit of work. I may look into doing it.
                                But when you say lower power, you mean you want it to sleep and shut the screen off? Thats not a lock screen it's a power setting. So they are different.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X