This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK808 Android mini TV Player - Finless ROM 1.5 Custom ROM

Sleeping without lockscreen would be great.

Comment

Hi Bob, did you get beta2 at last, or it was a fake? I asked you about external keyboard support few days ago, can you please give some answer? Thanks! BooLE

Comment

My MK808 is amost DEAD

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        Flash player is DEAD. Adobe will not be updating it anymore for Android. HTML 5 will be the new thing.

Bob
        I have already sent this message to Geekbuying customer service:

I received my MK808 stick 5 days ago (order XXXXXX). Because of Wifi connection problems, I followed your advise to try flashing finless Bob ROM 1.4, but the problem remained.
        I decided to use an ethernet to usb adapter due to read that a new firmware release (Octuber 26th) supported it. I flashed it correctly, and I got the android tv box working for several time. The wifi connection problems remained (connecting and disconnecting randomly).

But after unplugged it, the stick got frozen. Not starting again. I tried to reflash it, but I had some problems checking the flashed rom. I solved it by making 2 or 3 low formats before restoring the rom once again.

The system has become unastable. It´s like if the flash memory were corrupted. I´m able to get it working once, but after unplugged it, boot loops return and it cannot start again. The blue light also dissapear after trying to starting it plugging and unplugging miniusb power wire.

I am very disappointed with this product and I´m considering sending you back and asking my money back. I´m not sure my problem is gonna get fixed by new beta roms, I think my android stick is almost dead because of flash memory inside. MK808 is a good idea, a pretty project but badly assembled and developed. A promise broken.

Any ideas? Any solutions? Anything before throw in the towel?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Flash corrupted.

Originally posted by natxito View Post
          I have already sent this message to Geekbuying customer service:

I received my MK808 stick 5 days ago (order XXXXXX). Because of Wifi connection problems, I followed your advise to try flashing finless Bob ROM 1.4, but the problem remained.
          I decided to use an ethernet to usb adapter due to read that a new firmware release (Octuber 26th) supported it. I flashed it correctly, and I got the android tv box working for several time. The wifi connection problems remained (connecting and disconnecting randomly).

But after unplugged it, the stick got frozen. Not starting again. I tried to reflash it, but I had some problems checking the flashed rom. I solved it by making 2 or 3 low formats before restoring the rom once again.

The system has become unastable. It´s like if the flash memory were corrupted. I´m able to get it working once, but after unplugged it, boot loops return and it cannot start again. The blue light also dissapear after trying to starting it plugging and unplugging miniusb power wire.

I am very disappointed with this product and I´m considering sending you back and asking my money back. I´m not sure my problem is gonna get fixed by new beta roms, I think my android stick is almost dead because of flash memory inside. MK808 is a good idea, a pretty project but badly assembled and developed. A promise broken.

Any ideas? Any solutions? Anything before throw in the towel?

Thanks in advance.

Do you use the 10-26-2012 rom?

This rom has a bug that can cause corruption of the filesystem, If you reboot the MK808 it can mess up your filesystem.
          I also read that some people even got this problem when unplugging the MK808.

The 10-26-2012 rom is the only rom I know of that has the file system corruption problem.

Comment

BETA2.

I just checked my EMail from last night (I was at work).

Geekbuying has sent me a new updated ROM for the MK808 called BETA2.

I will check it out today and possibly update my 1.5 to 1.5A using this new firmware.

Stay tuned!

Bob

Hello Finless Bob,

Thanks for al your effort on the Rom development, do have some info about the BETA2 rom you've received from geekbuying?

Comment

Originally posted by CannaBioD View Post
              Do you use the 10-26-2012 rom?

This rom has a bug that can cause corruption of the filesystem, If you reboot the MK808 it can mess up your filesystem.
              I also read that some people even got this problem when unplugging the MK808.

The 10-26-2012 rom is the only rom I know of that has the file system corruption problem.
              My problem is that I have to use a USB to Ethernet connection due to my wifi connection issues. The only rom who supports this feature is that one and I have tested finless 1.5, stock rom and deadhp1 with same result.

Once unplugged and replugged, it doesn´t start anymore... Flashing again it´s the only way to rescue it.

Comment

USB - RJ45

Originally posted by natxito View Post
                My problem is that I have to use a USB to Ethernet connection due to my wifi connection issues. The only rom who supports this feature is that one and I have tested finless 1.5, stock rom and deadhp1 with same result.

Once unplugged and replugged, it doesn´t start anymore... Flashing again it´s the only way to rescue it.

I also use a rj45-USB adapter. This adapter works on al the roms i have tested.

It also worked on my UG802 with every firmware i have tried.

Comment

Originally posted by CannaBioD View Post
                  I also use a rj45-USB adapter. This adapter works on al the roms i have tested.

It also worked on my UG802 with every firmware i have tried.
                  Which adapter do you have CannaBioD?

cheers
                  Mutton

Comment

USB - RJ45

Originally posted by mutton View Post
                    Which adapter do you have CannaBioD?

cheers
                    Mutton

Comment

Flash player is DEAD. Adobe will not be updating it anymore for Android. HTML 5 will be the new thing.

Bob
                      Your rom is working for me very well i thought you would lock this thread so i didn't post but i am wondering if you can help me ive just copied this from another forum were no one can help hope that is ok.

in England we have a catch up tv service called BBC iplayer, For tablets and phones using android not only do you install the app to view the listings you also need to install its own media player to watch the shows.
                      When using the listing app it directs you to the bbc iplayer web page to pick a show this is my problem its telling me to enable mobile view in my web browser ive done that but still get the same message.
                      Browsers ive used so far
                      stock browser
                      chrome
                      dolphin
                      firefox

all have the same problem they ask for mobile view and it is enabled so its a device compatibility? I can view the mobile web page for iplayer on my DHD and acre iconia a500 both play back fine so is this a build prop edit to fix it or just some thing i will never be able to fix?
                      You can use flash to view the desktop version but it will be stopped soon as they transfer the service to this way only.

Comment

All, I got the MK808 release 2. I am DL'ing it now. I will check it out this afternoon.

Bob
                        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

All, I got the MK808 release 2. I am DL'ing it now. I will check it out this afternoon.

Bob

Please, if you don´t mind, upload it also with your mod, just to try all the possibilities.

Thanks Bob again. Looking forward it

Comment

Bob
                            Good, as right now the device anly runs 2 times max brfore the file system breaks and you need to reflash

Comment

Bob
                              Great! hope you can fix the reboot glitch, and the WiFi issue.

Comment

Bob
                                Good news, thanks Bob

Jez

Comment

Working...
                                X